4/30 Sox vs. Twins 6:40PM CT

I didn’t understand Pedro’s moves in the 8th inning. Get the bunt down and get the run home with a sac fly instead of pinch hitting galore.

holy s%*#, did anyone else catch that Soroka's favorite author is the guy that wrote The Art of Seduction? ie the date rapist's manifesto. I know he's not the best looking dude in the world but you'd think being an MLB player would be enough. 

1 hour ago, Soxfest said:

Kopech basically gives up a walk and a run most appearances

Usually no command, not even of the fast ball.  Has to keep it high and near the strike zone because the hitters sit on it, since the breaking ball command isn't there.  Needs to settle on one breaking pitch since he's now a two inning guy at most.  Not closer material until he gets it figured out.

59 minutes ago, nrockway said:

holy s%*#, did anyone else catch that Soroka's favorite author is the guy that wrote The Art of Seduction? ie the date rapist's manifesto. I know he's not the best looking dude in the world but you'd think being an MLB player would be enough. 

Tell me more.  😈

• Haha 1

what a bone-headed idea it was to wave Maldonado home. one out and the heart of the order is up, let's have the slowest guy in existence challenge Correa's arm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, nrockway said:

what a bone-headed idea it was to wave Maldonado home. one out and the heart of the order is up, let's have the slowest guy in existence challenge Correa's arm. 

Yea there were many plays on both sides of the ball that were decisive and dumb.

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Back to the same old Dead Sox.

6th time this year the Sox took a lead into the 7th inning or later...and lost the game.

That's nothing new.  It's been like that since 2022. 

Best quote I read

"Keep going to the bullpen until you find the guy to give up the lead. "

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Need a win against the Twinkies....I'm breaking out my 2008 Division Champs cap for tomorrow's game....desperate times, desperate measures

1-13 streak against Twins the Sox equivalent of 0-18 against Yankees for Minny.

Except those were all playoff games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Capn12 said:

No idea how anyone could have any faith in Kopech being anything useful at this point.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Such a non winning player.  Does all the little things wrong.

The dream of him reviving his career in the bullpen and netting us a nice trade is definitely over.

6 hours ago, nrockway said:

That and Benintendi missing the cutoff man cost the Sox another run. I thought they were going to be prepared. Still miss cutoff men, still can't execute a run down any better than a Little League team. 

• Like 1