AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

It's a darn shame we won't have Fedde after this season.

Whoever the other team that was bidding against the Sox for Fedde’s services must be really pissed off they didn’t up their offer by a few million.

• Like 3

Is Fedde the guy who pitched overseas last year? Is he good? If he is we got 3 good starters. This team is not that far away from competing if they got 3 good starters. By my count we only got one good reliever though.

Kudos to Pedro for not benching Vaughn in game two. Those 2 homers have to help his confidence some. If he'd been benched we woulda got swept and he'd be despondent over his badness in game one.

Nice catch by DeJong. Kind of weird we're playing way better without Robert and Moncada. It'd sure help the team if Mendick was healthy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Is Fedde the guy who pitched overseas last year? Is he good? If he is we got 3 good starters. This team is not that far away from competing if they got 3 good starters. By my count we only got one good reliever though.

Kudos to Pedro for not benching Vaughn in game two. Those 2 homers have to help his confidence some. If he'd been benched we woulda got swept and he'd be despondent over his badness in game one.

Nice catch by DeJong. Kind of weird we're playing way better without Robert and Moncada. It'd sure help the team if Mendick was healthy.

We could have  had Cease and ReyLo has an ERA of 1.50 with the Braves as a starter, so we could have had 5 solid starters if we would have held the course.

3 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

If what's his name is closer material I'm the Mahatma of Mundelein. 9th inning from hell.  Blame Katz for not fixing him.  He's all I got.

Seems like a heck of a nickname for an underground amateur MMA fighter.

12 hours ago, hankchifan said:

We could have  had Cease and ReyLo has an ERA of 1.50 with the Braves as a starter, so we could have had 5 solid starters if we would have held the course.

Yes and that woulda meant contention had the Sox also added one more reliever who can get people out. Remember our division blows.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Yes and that woulda meant contention had the Sox also added one more reliever who can get people out. Remember our division blows.

Not...even...close...not with this offense and defense. And don't look now but the division isn't as bad as many thought. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Not...even...close...not with this offense and defense. And don't look now but the division isn't as bad as many thought. 

Lip. I love your knowledge. Little surprised at your take here.  Clevinger, Crochet, Fedde, Cease and Lynn/ J-Lo is a division winning rotation. Kopech is MLB caliber reliever. Yes Sox would have needed 2 additional relievers who actually are serviceable not like the stiffs on this team.

Lineup: Mendick and Pham and Ramos and Lee have done wonders for the lineup which started the season worst in baseball history maybe. DeJong has been better than expected. Get rid of Maldy and Lopez and acquire Pham types and this team coulda vied for the division title.

Now everybody wants the Sox to trade any and everybody on the roster that is moveable. So the Sox get 5-10 new players who you hope will develop and in 3-4 years help team win the WS. That is as laughable as my suggestions which also could field a division winner.

Don't understand, Lip, why you think the Sox didn't have a path to the division title with evidence my above mentioned comments. Why do you guys who want to dump players want to tank/rebuild when it didn't work last time? We have proof right here tanking is ridiculous, the failed White Sox experiment.

Edited by greg775

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Lip. I love your knowledge. Little surprised at your take here.  Clevinger, Crochet, Fedde, Cease and Lynn/ J-Lo is a division winning rotation. Kopech is MLB caliber reliever. Yes Sox would have needed 2 additional relievers who actually are serviceable not like the stiffs on this team.

Lineup: Mendick and Pham and Ramos and Lee have done wonders for the lineup which started the season worst in baseball history maybe. DeJong has been better than expected. Get rid of Maldy and Lopez and acquire Pham types and this team coulda vied for the division title.

Now everybody wants the Sox to trade any and everybody on the roster that is moveable. So the Sox get 5-10 new players who you hope will develop and in 3-4 years help team win the WS. That is as laughable as my suggestions which also could field a division winner.

Don't understand, Lip, why you think the Sox didn't have a path to the division title with evidence my above mentioned comments. Why do you guys who want to dump players want to tank/rebuild when it didn't work last time? We have proof right here tanking is ridiculous, the failed White Sox experiment.

The Sox offense was so moribund that a utility infielder and 36-year-old OF who can hit made them much better. And they're hanging in there with teams like the Cards, Rays, Nats - teams that can't get out of their own way. We'll see this next week how they'd look against the main teams in the AL this next week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Because at some point new ownership will arrive and so will the possibility of competent baseball front office people.

Until then keep trying to stock up on young talent to give new ownership something to build with.

Half of the guys you mention, especially on offense are stiffs, retreads, has-been's and bums. Yea let's win the division! Hoo Ray! (We won't talk about getting ripped to pieces by a real honest to God quality big league club in a first round playoff blowout)

Haven't we seen enough of that garbage Greg?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Half of the guys you mention, especially on offense are stiffs, retreads, has-been's and bums.

Haven't we seen enough of that garbage Greg?

That's what they said in 77 when Soderholm, Spencer, Garr, Gamble, Zisk made for a delightful summer of love in Comiskey. I'm one of those losers who believes you win the division and anything can happen in the playoffs. With my scenario, our pitching staff and defense would likely be good nuff to perhaps dominate October. Just my take.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, greg775 said:

The Guardians, Royals and Twins would all lead the AL West.

Now this is partially fueled by the Royals and Twins beating the s%*# out of the Sox, but they're a horrible defensive team that can't hit*. They wouldn't ever sniff contention, let alone with a slapdash rotation of Crochet, Fedde, ReyLo, Clevinger and, I guess, Flexen.

The Sox likely never turn ReyLo into a starer. Fedde looks like his KBO transformation was the real deal, but it needs to hold up. Clevinger has had approximately 1 bad start. Crochet is rolling, but we need to see how his arm holds up over 162.

*Before you say "they couldn't hit, but then they brought in Tommy Pham, Ramos and Danny Mendick!

Pham is gonna come down to Earth unless he's found some late career, 36-year-old magic - and that doesn't happen since we left the 90s. Ramos is a rookie who will have occasional struggles. And I love Danny Mendick dating back to his "we love this guy in our farm system because his name makes us laugh" days and was bummed when Haseley took him out because he was putting it together but Mendick is just not a dude who can carry an offense.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

That's what they said in 77 when Soderholm, Spencer, Garr, Gamble, Zisk made for a delightful summer of love in Comiskey. I'm one of those losers who believes you win the division and anything can happen in the playoffs. With my scenario, our pitching staff and defense would likely be good nuff to perhaps dominate October. Just my take.

I loved the 77 season, have 20 minutes of TV game highlights in my library from it BUT....they folded down the stretch and "only" won 90 games finishing in third place. They didn't come close to making the playoffs after the All-Star break.

As far as the highlighted comment all I'll say is Greg I admire your thoughts on "domination" but that is as far from reality as I am from Antarctica. 

3 hours ago, Quin said:

Now this is partially fueled by the Royals and Twins beating the s%*# out of the Sox. They wouldn't ever sniff contention, let alone with a slapdash rotation of Crochet, Fedde, ReyLo, Clevinger and, I guess, Flexen.

You forgot Cease. I was not in favor of trading him. Add Cease to that rotation mentioned here? Cmon. It's contention worthy. The only thing that screws up my assertion is the ridiculous innings limit on Crochet.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

You forgot Cease. I was not in favor of trading him. Add Cease to that rotation mentioned here? Cmon. It's contention worthy. The only thing that screws up my assertion is the ridiculous innings limit on Crochet.

😆😆😆😆😆