Julks recalled, Mendick back, Ramos to DL, Shewmake to Charlotte

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Mendick and remillard aren't the strikeout machines that Shewmake is. 

Shewmake was just....bad. I'm disappointed, I thought he might show that he's at least a useful utility player. The bat is one thing but his fielding is also way worse than I expected. Remillard is straight up better than him, which is not saying much, but there's worse AAAA fodder. He's trying to be too cute with the baserunning lately but I think that's a top down initiative: take the risk for an extra base (though who knows what the hell happened at third base today). I think that's dumb baseball personally, but I guess this team has to manufacture runs in any way it can.

BTW, Remillard's compiled 0.5 WAR and is sitting at .867 OPS through 8 games while playing above average defense. That's about the best you could ask for for a AAA player who gets called up every so often due to injury. I'm a fan, plus I like his batting stance.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Shewmake was just....bad. I'm disappointed, I thought he might show that he's at least a useful utility player. The bat is one thing but his fielding is also way worse than I expected. Remillard is straight up better than him, which is not saying much, but there's worse AAAA fodder. He's trying to be too cute with the baserunning lately but I think that's a top down initiative: take the risk for an extra base (though who knows what the hell happened at third base today). I think that's dumb baseball personally, but I guess this team has to manufacture runs in any way it can.

BTW, Remillard's compiled 0.5 WAR and is sitting at .867 OPS through 8 games while playing above average defense. That's about the best you could ask for for a AAA player who gets called up every so often due to injury. I'm a fan, plus I like his batting stance.

He started off very well last year before collapsing...his reality is somewhere between abysmal AAA numbers and better than expected MLB stats.

The problem is that he doesn't possess a single plus skill in his toolbag.  Bunting, maybe.  But best case scenario is always going to be the last guy on the active roster, PR/PH, defensive replacement.

We need to worry much much more about CORE pieces at this point.

• Like 1

Bummer’s numbers are starting to look good.  His K/9 is good but his WHIP is still high from giving up too many hits.  But it could still be a good trade for both teams with the Sox getting Shuster and Gowens.  I’m skeptical on Shuster but we’ll see.  Lopez, Soroka, and Shewmake are trash unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Great.  Now who goes?  Mendick? A pitcher?

How about a roulette wheel in the clubhouse? Put their numbers in a bingo game?

• 3 weeks later...