5/23-O's at Sox, 6:40pm

I’m glad that happened, was worried they were going to come back and win but like clockwork the Vaughn/Benintendi combo ended all hope

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Stop.....that's not on him at all. He walked back to the base during a pop up. 

Of course I'm not actually able to watch....following on MLB Gameday, the only logical thing from the original description was the Vaughn got picked off 2nd because he forgot the out count and was running to 3rd.

Never in a million years would one think what actually happened was a realistic possibility.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Stop.....that's not on him at all. He walked back to the base during a pop up. 

He's supposed to have eyes in the back of his head. Ump must have needed to go home.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Oh, it was runner's interference/screening?

It was an idiotic call. Pop up was a mile high. Henderson couldve taken any route to the ball. Vaughn was maybe 5 or 6 feet off 2nd and started walking slowly back to 2nd. Henderson side stepped him and made the catch of the popup that was 2 the left of the mound easily. He camped under it.

• Paper Bag 1

Of course I'm not actually able to watch....following on MLB Gameday, the only logical thing from the original description was the Vaughn got picked off 2nd because he forgot the out count and was running to 3rd.

Never in a million years would one think what actually happened was a real possibility.

Not running to 3rd

Never in a million years would one think what actually happened was a real possibility.

Ahh, copy that. What this is really doing is distracting us from the real issue....how horrible benintendi has been. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It was an idiotic call. Pop up was a mile high. Henderson couldve taken any route to the ball. Vaughn was maybe 5 or 6 feet off 2nd and started walking slowly back to 2nd. Henderson side stepped him and made the catch of the popup that was 2 the left of the mound easily. He camped under it.

And it was an infield fly, the catch literally didn’t matter.  Even Orioles fans are saying they know it was completely ridiculous.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

That was an awful call. It’s infield fly anyway. There is no reason to screen. One of worse ways I have ever seen a game end. 

Yep technically that ball could hit the ground and the batter is still out and Vaughn wasn't going anywhere if it did.

Somehow Fletcher's out OPSing Benintendi .510 to .487.

Yikes.

I think everyone but Maldonado is out OPSing the pillar