7 hours ago7 hr Shriffen would never presume to speak for Stoney’s position or disposition with the team. That would be disrespectful in the highest.
7 hours ago7 hr 4 hours ago, wegner said:If Schiff is gone, I'm never standing up again. We shall endeavor to go on without the Shriff cult
6 hours ago6 hr 5 hours ago, wegner said:If Schiff is gone, I'm never standing up again.Have you tried Nugenix? Hurt and Flutie highly recommend.
3 hours ago3 hr I grew up with Jack Drees and Billy Pierce in the tv booth. The Sox went 56-106 and Billy had a lisp. Bring on any announcer, it will be fine.
2 hours ago2 hr 3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:Have you tried Nugenix?Hurt and Flutie highly recommend.
2 hours ago2 hr I enjoyed/enjoy Schriff's calls. I hope he is not leaving but if he is then is better not be Connor McKnight or someone like him.
2 hours ago2 hr Each of the last 2 seasons, Brooks Boyer made it a point to say the Schriff would return. This year crickets. He gone.Get out! Yeah buddy.
1 hour ago1 hr 38 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:Each of the last 2 seasons, Brooks Boyer made it a point to say the Schriff would return. This year crickets. He gone.Get out! Yeah buddy.I wonder if there are any SlamBall openings?
1 hour ago1 hr 48 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:That was pretty cold from Stone Pony…Wow - AI is spitting our own discussion back at us? I guess it's official
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:Wow - AI is spitting our own discussion back at us? I guess it's officialProbably all we need to know is that his contract is up. If the Sox thought he was worth a damn as an announcer, he would have already been resigned.
1 hour ago1 hr 8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:I wonder if there are any SlamBall openings?I think Lips friend's JR comment about the Schriff not being a baseball guy is pretty telling as well. And it begs the question, how , in a media market as big as Chicago, do you not have a baseball guy calling games for your baseball team? I guess he works really cheap. He's probably great at slam ball. They could have him call the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest; he would excel. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by Dick Allen
1 hour ago1 hr Found Schriff to be miscast as a baseball broadcaster and really got annoyed as to how he repeatedly moaned about how cold he was during his broadcast of home games in April and May which made him sound like a softy and probably caused some who were considering going to a game to not go due to his warnings of how they’d be cold. That’s not how real baseball fans or in particular south siders roll. As Bill Veeck always said “there is never a bad day at the ballpark”.
1 hour ago1 hr Enjoy whatever recycled PBP guy the sox bring in. Turn on a MLB game and for the most part you get the same sounding home team PBP guy. It's all cookie cutter and we can't handle when someone doesn't fit that mold. I loved Hawk as a PBP guy because he was unique and different, even Harry was different.Most of the PBP guys are white dudes (not trying to turn this into a race issue) who are very similar in how they sound and go about announcing baseball. We need more uniqueness if the younger generation is going to enjoy watching a game like many of us in our 40's, 50's, 60's........do. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by 2Deep
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, 2Deep said:Enjoy whatever recycled PBP guy the sox bring in. Turn on a MLB game and for the most part you get the same sounding home team PBP guy. It's all cookie cutter and we can't handle when someone doesn't fit that mold. I loved Hawk as a PBP guy because he was unique and different, even Harry was different.Most of the PBP guys are white dudes (not trying to turn this into a race issue) who are very similar in how they sound and go about announcing baseball. We need more uniqueness if the younger generation is going to enjoy watching a game like many of us in our 40's, 50's, 60's........do.I actually think a "cookie cutter" PBP guy would be an upgrade over a non-baseball guy like Schriff at least
1 hour ago1 hr 2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:I actually think a "cookie cutter" PBP guy would be an upgrade over a non-baseball guy like Schriff at leastThat's where we respectfully disagree.
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, 2Deep said:That's where we respectfully disagree.And that's fine. I want someone with knowledge of the game.
1 hour ago1 hr 11 hours ago, JoshPR said:Oh please noI used to think Plesac would be good...but the more games I listened to him...the less excited I would be about him coming into the Sox booth! His over the top stuff just comes across as so forced!
16 minutes ago16 min 11 hours ago, wegner said:But is he a messy eater??He wouldn't stop talking about shoveling that "boomstick" down his throat after the Texas series and when paired up with Schriff it had to be the worst booth I've ever listened to.
13 minutes ago13 min I got used to Schriff. He suffered through 2024 and 25 with us. He messes up a lot for sure, but his enthusiasm makes him a homer and I like that in our local Sox announcer. I never thought I would approve of him getting a new contract, but I could live it.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.