Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread

Featured Replies

MLB is so messed up. The Sox and Cubs are in the playoffs and on regular TV in Chicago, you can watch every playoff game except theirs.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PaleAleSox
    PaleAleSox

    If only we still had Reese McGuire. BluBaughs would be annihilated.

  • chitownsportsfan
    chitownsportsfan

    Hagen is a dog. Ride and die with your guys. He goes 2 scoreless and we win. Book it.

  • WhiteSox2023
    WhiteSox2023

    They still be STROKIN’.

I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.

Agreed. I would have gone Sandlin to start with Hagen the short leash today-thursday for 2 innings each.

46 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

MLB is so messed up. The Sox and Cubs are in the playoffs and on regular TV in Chicago, you can watch every playoff game except theirs.

Genuine question: how the hell do I watch these games?

Edit: I guess I do get NBCSN. Didn't even know I had it. This is indeed ridiculous, though.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

22 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.

A strong start is important (Hagen gives you a good chance for that). It gives our lineup a chance to jump ahead.

If you've got Xfinity internet, you may have Peacock for free without even knowing. Don't know if that still is a thing or not since I haven't had Xfinity in a while but just tossing that out there.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If you've got Xfinity internet, you may have Peacock for free without even knowing. Don't know if that still is a thing or not since I haven't had that in a while but just tossing that out there.

I still do. No idea if anything has changed.

Suppose Hagen goes 1-2-3 in the first. I will be most curious to see what happens next. I expect there to be a gaggle of righties after Yordan in the batting order. Do the Sox try to get 2 or 3 innings from Hagen, or do they just transition to the bulk righty of their choosing once the dragon (Yordan) is slayed?

Off topic but I don’t care:

Just watched (again) that Mune locker room celebration video “One-Hundred!!” It is pure joy, pure joy, especially for those of us who watched and suffered through the 121 loss season.

And I always liked Brooke Fletcher, but after that interview, getting drenched while she’s working yet celebrating with them; she is so genuine; now I love her.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.