Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread

Featured Replies

Kinda suprised they went with 12 pitchers and kept Pham. Maybe Pham cornered Getz in the elevator again. That said, no big loss not having Richards and they probably feel in a short series all hands on deck it's better to have another PH option than a strictly mopup guy, as if it gets bad either way someone else will eat the innings, maybe even Davis.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

  • Replies 160
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PaleAleSox
    PaleAleSox

    If only we still had Reese McGuire. BluBaughs would be annihilated.

  • chitownsportsfan
    chitownsportsfan

    Hagen is a dog. Ride and die with your guys. He goes 2 scoreless and we win. Book it.

  • PitchatRisktoZisk
    PitchatRisktoZisk

    We lost 324 games over the 3 years prior to this season. We are the only team in history to make the playoffs after back to back 100 loss seasons (let alone three 100 loss seasons). That's the definit

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Kinda suprised they went with 12 pitchers and kept Pham. Maybe Pham cornered Getz in the elevator again. That said, no big loss not having Richards and they probably feel in a short series all hands on deck it's better to have another PH option than a strictly mopup guy, as if it gets bad either way someone else will eat the innings, maybe even Davis.

Davis is also not on the roster.

40 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

We need guys with postseason experience, even if he is a glorified babysitter. But I do think he's a nice bat off the bench.

Maybe if this was 2022 or 2023 not 2026….hell if we are going off postseason experience Castillo and his previous 2.25 ERA over the course of time should be considered for a roster spot and we can turn a blind eye to his recent pitching issues. I just think Pham is washed. If you want him providing value make him some sort of coach instead of taking a spot away from an already taxed bullpen.

8 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The Sox have a clear bullpen advantage over Houston. Idk how the Sox managed to enter the playoffs with the bullpen being their strength considering they have the most blown saves in the league but thats where we stand

They don't have Leasure and Dominquez any more. So that accounts for 8 of the blown saves. Taylor has 6. That's how.

The idea of Pham cornering people in elevators is still interesting. I wonder if he cornered other people before he got to Getz 🤔

i'm so darn nervous that I may be pulling out the Macallan in the daytime, which I very rarely do.

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Davis is also not on the roster.

I think he's referring to Davis Martin

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Kinda suprised they went with 12 pitchers and kept Pham. Maybe Pham cornered Getz in the elevator again. That said, no big loss not having Richards and they probably feel in a short series all hands on deck it's better to have another PH option than a strictly mopup guy, as if it gets bad either way someone else will eat the innings, maybe even Davis.

Richards pitched 3.1 inning in the last game of the season so likely wasnt available the 1st 2 games of the WC series anyway. Plus Brazoban is back so he's on it. Schultz too and if they use Kay at all it will be in the pen considering he pitched 5 innings in the last game of the season.

8 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The idea of Pham cornering people in elevators is still interesting. I wonder if he cornered other people before he got to Getz 🤔

He then proceeded to hit a massive homer but the bullpen blew it.

There's one regular on the Sox roster who Colson out-hit in the final two weeks of the season: Tristan Peters

1 minute ago, Jake said:

I think he's referring to Davis Martin

Ah, got it.

4 minutes ago, HeGetzUs said:

Love the lineup. I believe this is the 1st time Colson has been in the 9 spot all year too.

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Kinda suprised they went with 12 pitchers and kept Pham. Maybe Pham cornered Getz in the elevator again. That said, no big loss not having Richards and they probably feel in a short series all hands on deck it's better to have another PH option than a strictly mopup guy, as if it gets bad either way someone else will eat the innings, maybe even Davis.

Only a 3-game series. More likely to use Pham than your lowest bullpen arm

I notice that Blubaugh had reverse splits this season, so that must be part of what the Astros are thinking about with him starting the game. Of course, Hagen also has reverse splits (which is technically good for this lineup) but I don't really believe that will be true in the long run.

1 minute ago, HeGetzUs said:

Don't like Meidroth that low but its understandable if by the time he bats it could be a LH RP in there. Peters, Braden & Benintendi better make me eat my words and crush the RH SP. I just rather have one of our best hitters period nearer the top or middle .

Guess they felt they had to go with Montgomery but don't like that either .Their 2 best September hitters by OPS are on the bench Grichuk and Doyle. They have to out homer the Astros in their own park.

6 minutes ago, Jake said:

There's one regular on the Sox roster who Colson out-hit in the final two weeks of the season: Tristan Peters

Peters hasnt been right since he ran into the wall. I have much more faith in him turning it around than Colson has been abysmal for months now. He really shouldnt be in the starting lineup.

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Peters hasnt been right since he ran into the wall. I have much more faith in him turning it around than Colson has been abysmal for months now. He really shouldnt be in the starting lineup.

Good point that his last handful of games he was probably playing hurt. I had forgotten about that.

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Peters hasnt been right since he ran into the wall. I have much more faith in him turning it around than Colson has been abysmal for months now. He really shouldnt be in the starting lineup.

You guys calling for Meidroth at SS would be up in arms the first time a ball Colson gets to goes through.

Ozzie said something in one of the final pre/post game shows...along the lines of the past few years, he wasn't a Sox fan (I take this as him being dramatic about how pathetic those teams were). But this season is obviously different. This season, he said, he's not a fan of the Sox but he's a fan of these guys. Or something like that, it's hard to parse Ozz-ese. I agree with the sentiment though. I root for Sox players because I'm a Sox fan, but the 2026 team is filled with players I want to root for who just so happen to be White Sox. Reminds me more of the Sox teams when I was a kid in the mid-late 90s and early 00s.

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I forget, were their pitchers last in innings from their starting pitching?

That's a season stats and likely skewed if whatever stat you are using didn't account for games started by openers.

This is a short series where guys like Kay will pitch in relief if they need him to and the first game is vitally important in a 3 game series. ANd their game 1 starter is an opener too so he isn't going long. So that leaves game 2 and possibly a game 3.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You guys calling for Meidroth at SS would be up in arms the first time a ball Colson gets to goes through.

Colson hasnt even been a good defender recently so no I wouldnt.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Ozzie said something in one of the final pre/post game shows...along the lines of the past few years, he wasn't a Sox fan (I take this as him being dramatic about how pathetic those teams were). But this season is obviously different. This season, he said, he's not a fan of the Sox but he's a fan of these guys. Or something like that, it's hard to parse Ozz-ese. I agree with the sentiment though. I root for Sox players because I'm a Sox fan, but the 2026 team is filled with players I want to root for who just so happen to be White Sox. Reminds me more of the Sox teams when I was a kid in the mid-late 90s and early 00s.

I’m still rooting for laundry. You could give me a list of people with Chinese language symbols on their backs next season and I’ll be fine if everyone left other than the Japanese guy because he’s a riot.

6 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Colson hasnt even been a good defender recently so no I wouldnt.

He was the 14th best defender in all of baseball by FGs this year. Put your eye test away old man.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.