Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Falstaff said:

In 20 years, Burke will be honored at The Rail Yard Park, throwing out the first pitch to cheers of "Cleveland Sucks".

You think he'll finally have a family of his own by then?

  • Replies 116
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Rowand44
    Rowand44

    I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

  • I'm still pissed about losing the division to Cleveland. Much like the path we've taken this series, we had a firm grasp on the division and pissed it away. Doing it again in the playoffs will suck ev

  • Falstaff
    Falstaff

    In 20 years, Burke will be honored at The Rail Yard Park, throwing out the first pitch to cheers of "Cleveland Sucks".

9 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

To me, this series is our World Series. Making it to the ALCS would be a MASSIVE win for this team. They do not match up against the Rays pitching at all, and honestly I don't see the Sox nor the Guardians fairing well against them. It comes down to holding the Guardians to a few runs max. Burke looked awesome his last time out, and I am hoping for a repeat performance. Without scoring a few runs, the late innings will be a tightrope walk for the Sox. The bullpen is spent. They're going to have to rely on a couple guys at the end.

I'm still pissed about losing the division to Cleveland. Much like the path we've taken this series, we had a firm grasp on the division and pissed it away. Doing it again in the playoffs will suck even worse and really put a damper on this otherwise amazing season. If this series was against anyone else in the AL, I probably won't even care that much. But blowing it twice to those slapdick motherfuckers in Cleveland would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Having 2 starters (bulk guys?) isn’t sustainable throughout an entire post-season. Fortunately, one of those guys goes Game 5. Just start him. No opener.

100% agree!

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Kind of like having Colson shifted way up the middle when Taylor was throwing non stop curveballs to the first batter… that was a routine grounder that ended up being a single.

Pretty sure Bailey had a hit in similar location in game 1

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Having 2 starters (bulk guys?) isn’t sustainable throughout an entire post-season. Fortunately, one of those guys goes Game 5. Just start him. No opener.

You are seeing what not having any depth of starting pitching is doing to the staff. You can do it over short periods of time, and Will has about done it to perfection, but eventually those guys burn out, and you have seen that the last two days. When you are this short of talent, you can only hide the truly bad guys for so long, or be exposed to one of your good guys having a bad day.

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Having 2 starters (bulk guys?) isn’t sustainable throughout an entire post-season. Fortunately, one of those guys goes Game 5. Just start him. No opener.

Burke's numbers with an opener are really good though. In 30 innings as a bulk reliever, he has a 1.50 ERA and a 3.2 FIP.

3 hours ago, Rowand44 said:

I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

Impulsive trips are the best!

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Burke's numbers with an opener are really good though. In 30 innings as a bulk reliever, he has a 1.50 ERA and a 3.2 FIP.

Yeah I guess I would do Newcomb. Currently don't trust wild Hagen

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Burke's numbers with an opener are really good though. In 30 innings as a bulk reliever, he has a 1.50 ERA and a 3.2 FIP.

Yeah I'm for using the opener. Newcomb has been good in this role.

I like our chances Saturday. For all their home dominance, I think they played too emotional with the crowd and the situation being what it was.

Keep the streak going of the away team winning

If we show the plate discipline we did in Cleveland, we will win. Their pitchers have still been all over the shop with their control.

53 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Ah s%*#. Ditka just passed away. Now the Sox need to go into Cleveland and win it for Da Coach.

He was a Cubs fan, though.

We will win this game.

If the Sox can take it down tomorrow, they’ll be the only Wildcard team to advance to the Championship Series.

LFGWS!!!

Well boys and girls, we got at least one more game. Been a fun ass season and a promising one regardless. But it ain't over till it's over! Let's get it.

Officially No opener tomorrow. Sean’s game.

42 minutes ago, hi8is said:

If the Sox can take it down tomorrow, they’ll be the only Wildcard team to advance to the Championship Series.

LFGWS!!!

"If" is the biggest little word in the world.

Heard AJ earlier saying it was weird they used Cade Smith and Game 5's starters when they were up 5 late in the game or whatever. I know there's a day off tomorrow but still

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"If" is the biggest little word in the world.

Jesus christ, man. Yeah, and the Guardians could lose, too.

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Heard AJ earlier saying it was weird they used Cade Smith and Game 5's starters when they were up 5 late in the game or whatever. I know there's a day off tomorrow but still

I found it strange too. Obviously they know their staff a hell of a lot more than I do but I did find it weird in the moment.

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Heard AJ earlier saying it was weird they used Cade Smith and Game 5's starters when they were up 5 late in the game or whatever. I know there's a day off tomorrow but still

I'm glad they did that.

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Heard AJ earlier saying it was weird they used Cade Smith and Game 5's starters when they were up 5 late in the game or whatever. I know there's a day off tomorrow but still

I found it weird how spooked the Guardians and their fans (on Reddit at least) got while up 4 in the 9th. Like yeah, we almost got the tying run on, but they had their lockdown closer and their #2 starter pitching. The odds of us tying that up were still really low.

29 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Jesus christ, man. Yeah, and the Guardians could lose, too.

They certainly can, the question is will they?

The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question.
But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road.

That would be a crusher.

2 hours ago, tomtom823 said:

100% agree!

Guardians only have two starting pitchers they trust in the playoffs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.