Reed on ESPN Radio "Baseball Show"

SoxFan562004

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but Jeremy Reed was on the ESPN Radio "Baseball Show" on Saturday with Rob Dibble and Karl Ravich (SP?).

Basically they got him on because he's hitting so well and he's one of the higher prospects. Reed came off very well. He basically talked about how he goes up to bat attempting to get on base, not just being focused on hitting a homerun.

Both hosts seemed impressed, and Dibble pointed out how many young OF's the Sox have, and how hard it's going to be for him to break into the majors. Dibble did mention that the Sox and Maggs are trying hard to get an extension.

YES.  I think what I'd like to see is Olivo in the 2 hole, but yes, Reed is going to be a sweet 2 hole hitter.  He's so Erstad like to me...but hopefully healthier.

Miguel has too many holes in his swing at this point to be a #2 hitter. If he learns to consistantly hit the offspeed stuff, maybe then.

But Reed seems like a prototypical #2 hitter from what I hear and read about him.

Borchard's really strugglin. Last few games, he's hardly made any contact and got on base. Reed has gotten betta with each game, with A-Row still strugglin at balls low and away, I wouldn't call it a stretch to see Reed up by June. Of course a trade could be in the works if Maggs resigns, I think sumthin will get done with Borchard, possibly with the Dodgers.

I didn't realize that Wunsch had started his rehab already.  I wonder who gets sent out when he is ready?

I still think Wunsch is an excellent chance to be traded. The pen has looked very solid without him, it would be very hard to drop Cotts, Mike Jackson or Jon Adkins the way they r pitchin at da moment. :o

I still think Wunsch is an excellent chance to be traded. The pen has looked very solid without him, it would be very hard to drop Cotts, Mike Jackson or Jon Adkins the way they r pitchin at da moment.  :o

KW was trying to trade him already. If he isn't dealt now, he is definately gone by the trading deadline.

KW was trying to trade him already.  If he isn't dealt now, he is definately gone by the trading deadline.

Still think he's goin to Anaheim. Ben Weber's lost a lot of velocity on his pitches, and they need a middle reliever to get to K-Rod and Percival while Shields is also strugglin. Should try to get Figgins or Alamenzenga? in any deal we make.

Borchard's really strugglin. Last few games, he's hardly made any contact and got on base.

I hope everyone finally realizes that Joe is not going to amount to anything. He is a bust. He has a TON of potential, but he will never realize it. His first season in the minors was ok, but he has regressed ever since. At best, I see him as a sevicable outfielder at the age of 30.

Still think he's goin to Anaheim. Ben Weber's lost a lot of velocity on his pitches, and they need a middle reliever to get to K-Rod and Percival while Shields is also strugglin. Should try to get Figgins or Alamenzenga? in any deal we make.

Anaheim has ZERO left handed pitchers in their bullpen and only one on their whole staff (Washburn).

Moving him there would definitely make sense.