The season is official over....

AngelasDaddy0427

BANDWAGON FAN

You do this all the time, shut up.

There's a difference you know between being a bandwagon fan and being a fan thats smart enough to know that Garcia's ERA was a product of where he plays and that Miguel Olivo was one of the best young catchers in baseball.

This deal wouldn't of totally crushed my spirits if it didn't mean that we were seeing our future go down the toliet.

Garcia will leave at the end of the year, Olivo will go on to have a solid year and become an allstar, and this will go down in the big picture as being worse then the Todd Ritche trade and maybe even the one that costs KW his job.

I didn't mind Garcia at all. To trade Olivo is something I can't fathom....

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way that the sox were going to do anything in the playoffs (if they even got in) with the team we had. As much as I like MO, he wasn't going to put us over the top. I would always trade a decent catcher for a #1 pitcher

I'm going to make this simple for you.

Which scenario gives you a better comfort level?

1) Garcia getting 4 starts before the all-star break & Alomar/Burke/Davis platooning at C

2) Rauch+Diaz getting 4 starts before the all-star break & Alomar/Olivo/Burke platooning at C

I think this is a no-brainer. With having to face the Twinks & cubs on the road, & Angels & M's at home before the break getting Garcia is a no-brainer.

There's a difference you know between being a bandwagon fan and being a fan thats smart enough to know that Garcia's ERA was a product of where he plays and that Miguel Olivo was one of the best young catchers in baseball.

This deal wouldn't of totally crushed my spirits if it didn't mean that we were seeing our future go down the toliet.

Garcia will leave at the end of the year, Olivo will go on to have a solid year and become an allstar, and this will go down in the big picture as being worse then the Todd Ritche trade and maybe even the one that costs KW his job.

How come Garcia's numbers are a product of where he played, but Olivo's aren't? :dips***

Do you think that HR he hit today was gone in safeco?

Believe me - you aren't smart... :lol:

I just cannot fathom why so many of you are ignoring this...

Catcher is not an easy position to fill. We don't even have another decent catcher in our minor league system.

To just give away a future allstar is absolutely ridiculous.

I am sorry about my comments about Garcia but to give Olivo for him IMO is nuts.

Don't you dare call me a Bandwagon fan either.

I have been a die hard sox fan since age 12. This just has disaster written all over it.

I hope i'm wrong about this I really do....

Olivo's stats:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG

2004 46 141 21 38 7 2 7 26 70 10 29 5 4 .316 .496 .270

Career 166 477 60 117 27 3 14 58 192 31 114 11 8 .295 .403 .245

This is the guy you think the Sox are going to miss so much that they'll come in behind the Tigers? There is nothing in these numbers that suggest a future HOFer.

This team has won nothing in 90 years. I don't want to hear anything more about next year - ever! If Garcia gets the Sox a pennant, it's a great move. If the Sox don't win the pennant, it sucks.

If Miguel is that good then why is he in a 3 catcher rotatation? If Garcia's production is because of where he plays then isn't Olivo's HR total also the same? Miguel can not hit the breaking ball, he doesn't know how to block the plate, and he is not the best at blocking balls in the dirt. Yes he has a great arm, but sometimes he is not the quickest. I love Olivo and do not want to give him up, but don't make him out to be something he is not.

Ben Davis can be just as good as Olivo and he is only 2 years older. Davis is also a switch hitter. He is also supposedly a very good defense catcher with a very strong arm. Not fast, but like a said he is a switch hitter and this lineup can use another left handed batter.

We traded for a pitcher who is entering his prime. He just turned 28. having a rotation of Garcia, Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland, and Shoenwies is very strong.

I think you have issues with not thinking things through.

Maybe you're a Cubs fan in disguise! :ph34r:

Sorry to say but Kenny is a Moron

Explain why. You dont think we needed a starting pitcher? We got the best one available for an OF prospect with no power, a infielder with no defensive skills, and a part time catcher with poor game calling skills. Please tell me why he is amoron. I will now hang up and listen for my answer.

Explain why. You dont think we needed a starting pitcher? We got the best one available for an OF prospect with no power, a infielder with no defensive skills, and a part time catcher with poor game calling skills. Please tell me why he is amoron. I will now hang up and listen for my answer.

Kenny Moron = Plain and Simple

Repeating myself sucks..........