Frank out for 2 months

Rowand44

I know there is a thread about how long everyone thinks he's going to be out for but Bruce Levine just said that Frank is going to be out atleast 2 months and won't be back until atleast September 15th. Kenny has to go out and get another bat now, we really have no choice right now. Carl Everett to me is the perfect dh for this team.

And I thought he might have been out for the rest of the year.

We definitely need another bat. I’m shocked no one has mentioned Magglio’s home run from last night. It gives a sign that he can go deep at the moment and it will help out, but I wouldn’t mind at all if we do get Carl Everett back in white and black.

Well, at least we've got Maggs back, who, by the way, has a much more valuable bat at this time. But I do agree that we gotta get some power. I'm ok with our infield at this moment, and Rowand's been decent in CF (sometimes could do a little better offensively), so I think we really NEED to focus on the catching situation. Davis isn't going to hit, Burke and Alomar can't be expected to play the types of innings that we lost in Olivo.

But, if we were to go after Jason Kendall, I'd think that Pittsburgh ask for us to pick up the rest of his contract, since Pittsburgh most likely would want to dump some salary. This might make things a bit more difficult in getting a guy like Kendall.

I'm not really "up" with our minor leagues, but is there anyone even remotely worthy in our minor leagues at this time at the catcher position?

so I think we really NEED to focus on the catching situation.  Davis isn't going to hit, Burke and Alomar can't be expected to play the types of innings that we lost in Olivo.

But, if we were to go after Jason Kendall, I'd think that Pittsburgh ask for us to pick up the rest of his contract, since Pittsburgh most likely would want to dump some salary.  This might make things a bit more difficult in getting a guy like Kendall.

Pittsburgh was willing to pick up over half of Kendall's remaning salary for the rest of the contract, when they were in discussions with San Diego. Pitt was ready to pull the trigger on a trade but San Diego backed out of the trade at the last second, we could get the same kind of deal.

As much as "renting a player" doesn't do anything for the future, it would fill the gaping hole left by Frank. I'd say go for Beltran. Of course, Jason Kendall would look good in a Sox uniform for the next few years. Talk about a good lead-off man!

With Frank out and KW telling fans he's going for the Series this year,

we KNOW there's gonna be a big trade.

Look for us to ship 3-4 top prospects for somebody like

Beltran, soon.

KW isn't gonna have egg on his face after saying he's going

for the series this year.

Umm....not sure what to believe....We'll just have to see what happens when this time is up.

Big Hurt out 8 weeks

MRI reveals stress fracture

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Chicago White Sox designated hitter Frank Thomas is expected to miss eight weeks with a broken bone in his left foot.

Thomas was placed on the disabled list last Saturday with inflammation in his ankle, but an MRI taken in Las Vegas this week revealed a stress fracture in his foot, the team said Friday.

No surgery will be necessary, but Dr. Lowell Weil, Chicago's team podiatrist, recommended immobilizing Thomas' foot. Thomas will undergo additional tests in four weeks.

The injury was first noticed when the two-time AL MVP was unable to start at first base during an interleague series against the Chicago Cubs earlier this month.

He's hitting .271 with 18 homers and 49 RBI this season. It's the second major injury blow to Chicago's offense this season, coming shortly after Magglio Ordonez returned from a 36-game absence with torn cartilage in his left knee.

Thomas is sixth among active players with 436 career homers.

s***....that sucks, big time.

Delgado?

Delgado's agent came out and said he will not waive his no trade clause. Beltran is going to cost a ton, and I don't think it will help THAT much. We already see what a bunch of guys hitting between .270 and .300 with power and not a whole lot else can do. We can see with what is happening in Houston that he can't carry a struggling offense. Besides, I doubt Maggs is going to react well if we ask him to DH the rest of the year. Kendall is starting to look good.

Lets just get Carl Everett.

He's wouldn't have to play defense and he'd come a whole lot cheaper then Beltran.

He couldn't replace Franks OBP but at least he'd have some power.

He's got 2 homers in 37 games. That's not a whole lot of power.

Maybe our park will be more power friendly for him.

At least he wouldn't cost us much in terms of prospects.

Plus he's hitting .678 for the month of June in the Video Game i'm playing :lol:

I understand your point, I'm just trying to be a smart ass :D . I think we can find better options than someone hitting .250. I think Kendall might be the answer, or maybe Cattalanato if we can get him.

In his pregame interview with John Rooney, Ozzie said he doesn't think Frank will be back this year at all.

Hawk said he talked with Hermmie, and he said that Frank should be back by September 15, just in time for the home stretch of the season.