Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos was caught stealing 5 times last year -- that includes "real" steals and pickoffs.  You really want to get rid of him for that?

I'd like to see a stat of how many times he admired a fly ball thinking it was a HR and then only ended up with a 1B because it bounced off the wall just a bit short of going out. Hit the ball and hustle around the bags -- at times Lee wasn't doing that.

Red Sox, not White. Say away from Clement. He won 9 games and is going to get $9 million. The Cubs had a better record than Sox and Garland won more than that.

Yea but you can't forget that Matt Clement barely had any run support at all.

I don't know if this makes anyone feel better, but I talked to a guy at the Cougars game once, (where I worked) he said he had Podsednik live with him when he played with the Cougars (affiliated with the Marlins at that time.) He said the kid was not the most talented player in the world, but worked his a$$ off. That's the only reason he made it to the pro's. I like guys that work their asses off, I'm willing to give him a chance.

But jesus kenny sign a starting pitcher.

CWSOX45

Unless ginter is in this deal which he is not this deal blows. I don't care how much it solidifies are bullpen, podsednik will never have another year like 2003.

Well Lee is going to be hard to replace with his power numbers, thats for sure.

beastly how many people out there hit 25 hr's and drive in 80. let me know. Also if Ginter is part of it, then between ginter and posednik you have 25 hr's. We didn't win s*** kissing Lee's and magglios ass. its time for some changes.

Kiss konerko goodbye next year, everett and thomas as well. next year.

Well, it's official.

f***. No Ginter. You've got to be f***ing s***ting me, Vizcaino and f***ing Podsednik? UGHHHHHH!

According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the Brewers have acquired Carlos Lee from the White Sox for Scott Podsednik, Luis Vizcaino and a player to be named.

This could be good trade for the White Sox if the money saved is used on a quality starter or Placido Polanco. We're not at all confident Podsednik will go back to being a quality regular, but he is very cheap and Vizcaino is a fine No. 2 man in the pen. It's too bad the Dustin Hermanson acquisition can't be undone now, but the addition of Vizcaino could get Hermanson put into the rotation. Dec. 13 - 5:16 pm et

Hey guys, long time lurker here. Don't post that often, but this is a pretty significant trade so I felt like I should toss my 2 cents in there. I'm looking at this trade with "guarded optimism". Carlos Lee, god I am gonna miss this kid (there goes that Ozziespeak!) I can only wish him the best in Brewaukee. I take solace in the fact that the Cubs have to deal with him 16 times a year! But I just gotta give him his props for improving his defense this year and being a consistent force in the lineup with all the injuries we suffered in 2004. Not gonna cry over losing him though, that's how baseball goes.

Now what we got for him, Podsednik from what I've heard got the speed that Ozzie is looking for, he's a lead off batter, and left handed (i believe?) Yeah, he won't hit 30 homers and knock in 80+ rbi's (unless he calls up Giambi) but jeezus 70 stolen bases! Carlos won't get that in 6, 7 seasons. Obviously I don't follow the Brewers, but evidently Vizcaino will be a good addition to the bullpen and whoever the PTBNL is (a major player i've heard) I can't say we didn't at least break even in the overall scope of the deal.

Wow, first post in god knows how long and I feel like I just babbled on... But it's good to hear you guys discuss and get pissed off at each other, just shows how much passion we have for this ulcer-inducing team!

(p.s. I'll be turnin 21 by the time Soxfest rolls around, am looking to finally hit up the bar afterwards and meeting some of the players up close! :headbang )

Our outfield defense is now a strength when (Carl isn't in left.) Our offense is more balanced when Carl is in left.

We do not miss Thomas as much now.

Rowand and BMac for Hudson?

Ginter's splits against lefties are just sick.

Derek Lowe???????????? Boras or no Boras.

If healthy we are a better team this year than last.

Why the hell isn't this even on rotoworld yet?  Or, mlb.com?  Or espn.com?

I know it hasn't been announced yet, but wouldn't they have just the rumors somewhere other than radio sources?

Steff -- is this all true, from what you're hearing?

It is a done deal, i have been on a few brewers boards and they are all hearing it there too.

I don't know if this makes anyone feel better, but I talked to a guy at the Cougars game once, (where I worked) he said he had Podsednik live with him when he played with the Cougars (affiliated with the Marlins at that time.) He said the kid was not the most talented player in the world, but worked his a$$ off. That's the only reason he made it to the pro's. I like guys that work their asses off, I'm willing to give him a chance.

Which means that him and Aaron will get along great...

Red Sox, not White. Say away from Clement. He won 9 games and is going to get $9 million. The Cubs had a better record than Sox and Garland won more than that.

That's pretty ignorant

If you paid attention to the Cubs last year, you would realize Clement got terrible run support

Wins are very, very overrated

Terrible way to evaluate pitchers.

beastly how many people out there hit 25 hr's and drive in 80. let me know. Also if Ginter is part of it, then between ginter and posednik  you have 25 hr's. We didn't win s*** kissing Lee's and magglios ass. its time for some changes.

Kiss konerko goodbye next year, everett and thomas as well. next year.

Ginter is not in the deal.

Our outfield defense is now a strength when (Carl isn't in left.) Our offense is more balanced when Carl is in left.

We do not miss Thomas as much now.

Rowand and BMac for Hudson? 

Ginter's splits against lefties are just sick.

Derek Lowe????????????  Boras or no Boras.

If healthy we are a better team this year than last.

the only way in hell i trade rowand and Bmac for huddy is if he agree to a 3 or 4 year extension before the trade.

Tell ya what, if I'm wrong, burn me at the stake.

Until then, keep the jury out.

-y2

You might get burned at the stake if you're RIGHT - 'kill the messenger' and all that... ;)

If Willie is part of that deal AND if Ginter is not, I'd think it would be harder for people to justify it. For one thing, half of that 2B platoon notion is no loner there.

Guess I'll wait until the dust settles and we actually have confirmation on the official trade.

Ginter is not in the deal.

How do you know this?

The Score said Podsednik, Ginter, and a player to be named.

ESPN1000 said Podsednik, Vizquiano and a player to be named.