Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL

Buehrle>Wood

Tell me with what money?? How do you know buerhele dosent want get hell out of here either? Watch same crap happened maggs, and point frankily we can losse mark buerhle same way. This all about us be god danm cheap point blank. We took pod salary which is real real bad salary. You only ask for another middle relief. We had lee metions in trades with rj, javier vaquesz and you only ask for someone like pod and viscanio. Hell no ginter either which is another thing that I be danm pisst about. We talk about 5th starter and we have grilli or schioenwis start there I gurantee you wont see my ass watching another 5th starter spot of 1-15 starts. Ozzie philosphy small ball. Kenny and rendsdorf cheap ass ball. Point blank if Konerko is gone and Mark buerhle next yr this will be one of worst teams ever. If your telling me you couldnt get more lee your a joke because we could of.

1. Don't think of the trade as Carlos Lee for Podsednik and Vizcaino, think of it as Carlos Lee for Podsednik, Vizcaino, and 6 million dollars. It's more than fair.

2. Are you typing with your knuckles?

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me with what money?? How do you know buerhele dosent want get hell out of here either? Watch same crap happened maggs, and point frankily we can losse mark buerhle same way. This all about us be god danm cheap point blank. We took pod salary which is real real bad salary. You only ask for another middle relief. We had lee metions in trades with rj, javier vaquesz and you only ask for someone like pod and viscanio. Hell no ginter either which is another thing that I be danm pisst about. We talk about 5th starter and we have grilli or schioenwis start there I gurantee you wont see my ass watching another 5th starter spot of 1-15 starts. Ozzie philosphy small ball. Kenny and rendsdorf cheap ass ball. Point blank if Konerko is gone and Mark buerhle next yr this will be one of worst teams ever. If your telling me you couldnt get more lee your a joke because we could of.

Come back when you can carry on a civil conversation.

I guess ur happy if lee, maggs, konerko, and mark buerhle will be gone

Lee = GAWN. Got payroll relief and a leadoff hitter and a damn good set up guy

Maggs = GAWN. Got nothing for him...but whoever signs him may not get anything either.

Konerko = here. Let's not worry about Kong, yet. He's still here and there are lot's of 1b out there. I can't imagine him getting much more in a new contract than he's getting right now.

Buehrle = here. See above. Isn't he signed through 2006 anyway? If not, the Sox will make a fair deal (Like they did with Maggs), and if he leaves, he leaves.

The team we have right now is nowhere near good enough to win the division.

Okay please take a look at the Twins roster for the last couple years. It looks horrible. You don't need good players to win this division, you need a good TEAM. And the players we have right now are more than good enough to win this shytebag division.

Hey pal, I dont mean to be negative. But have twins made it to world series??? I thought this suppost process where we go for world series? Twins might have one divison these many yrs due to us not getting the job done. 2004 injuries killed us. 2003 we got too much in slump and then choked in the end , 2002 twins came out of running, 2000 we won with pitching staff that our guys had career yr and we had power still there. Don't tell me cant be done with power had. If your gonna tell me your going rely on frank thomas whos injure, carl everett, who we dont even know if hes toytally healhty, rowand can he do it again?, dye I know he will do the job but worried about his health, Podsednik, I think will be great on basepaths, crede can he fix his swing?, uribe, can he put a season together?, and of course willie harris, davis, I duno what to expect a full yr. The starting pitching will be fine if anything. Thats one thing we been lacking last 4 yrs and having dominant one through 4 is positive. But with that money what will kenny do with it. He says looking major impace player. Well if you cant the guy why not get a like aj pysinski even though might cancer, or get guy better than harris at 2b, or get a medicore pitcher to makes us all happy and not throwup or get vodka out when you see our minor leaguers keep get pressured in 5th spot. Im just not really happy with lee deal. I think alot people think we should of gotten more. Like I think we should of gotten ginter instead of viscanio. I think hermanson signing should of not happeened, at least not spending on him for that kind of money. I will watch whitesox this yr. But teams like tigers and clevelend, and twins right now are getting better and I do know that tigers will be spending

Hey pal, I dont mean to be negative. But have twins made it to world series??? I thought this suppost process where we go for world series? Twins might have one divison these many yrs due to us not getting the job done. 2004 injuries killed us. 2003 we got too much in slump and then choked in the end , 2002 twins came out of running, 2000 we won with pitching staff that our guys had career yr and we had power still there. Don't tell me cant be done with power had. If your gonna tell me your going rely on frank thomas whos injure, carl everett, who we dont even know if hes toytally healhty, rowand can he do it again?, dye I know he will do the job but worried about his health, Podsednik, I think will be great on basepaths, crede can he fix his swing?, uribe, can he put  a season together?, and of course willie harris, davis, I duno what to expect a full yr. The starting pitching will be fine if anything. Thats one thing we been lacking last 4 yrs and having dominant one through 4 is positive. But with that money what will kenny do with it. He says looking major impace player. Well if you cant the guy why not get a like aj pysinski even though might cancer, or get guy better than harris at 2b, or get a medicore pitcher to makes us all happy and not throwup or get vodka out when you see our minor leaguers keep get pressured in 5th spot. Im just not really happy with lee deal. I think alot people think we should of gotten more. Like I think we should of gotten ginter instead of viscanio. I think hermanson signing should of not happeened, at least not spending on him for that kind of money. I will watch whitesox this yr. But teams like tigers and clevelend, and twins right now are getting better and I do know that tigers will be spending

You have to take more time to review your posts. They are hard to follow.

Lee = GAWN.  Got payroll relief and a leadoff hitter and a damn good set up guy

Maggs = GAWN.  Got nothing for him...but whoever signs him may not get anything either.

Konerko = here.  Let's not worry about Kong, yet.  He's still here and there are lot's of 1b out there.  I can't imagine him getting much more in a new contract than he's getting right now.

Buehrle = here.  See above.  Isn't he signed through 2006 anyway?  If not, the Sox will make a fair deal (Like they did with Maggs), and if he leaves, he leaves.

Isn't Buehrle signed to the tune of $5.5 for '05, $7.0M for '06 and a $9.0 option for '07?

Ya, he's going to be here through 2007 at the least. And if he keeps pitching well I anticipate him to stick around for a long time. KW is building this team around pitching and defense and he's not going to let his pitchers just leave if they are pitching well and willing to sign a contract at market value.

I am very upset to see Lee go, but I am equally glad to see Posedinik arrive. You don't win divisions or championships w 30/100/300 players. You win it with guys that can keep their OPS month to month near or above 800 & solid pitching. That's the winning formula.

CF Posednik 849, 697, 857, 598, 812, 709.

RP Vizcaino 734 OPS v RH, 668 OPS v LH : solid relief pitcher

What we gave up

Lee 785, 782, 820, 959, 864, 949

The biggest holes on the team are Crede, catcher, & Harris.

Monthly avg's -Lee+Pos: 779, 729, 802, 703, 808, 787

Monthy avg's +Lee: 772, 738, 798, 744, 814, 813

To balance out Lee's loss you need a guy strong in Jul & Sep who can play 2B, 3B, or C.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/hot...bystat=POSITION

C: Todd Green COL. Made 550K last year. COL offered arbit.

Green 667 812 579 841 857 927

3B: C Koskie MIN. Made 4.5M last year. MIN offered arbit.

2B: M Cairo NYY. FA. 900K last year.

Monthly avg +Green: 775, 741, 789, 719, 825, 812

Monthly avg +Coskie: 804, 748, 813, 726, 793, 788

Monthly avg +Green&Coskie: 800, 761, 800, 742, 811, 814

Monthly avg +Green&Coskie&Cairo: 818, 756, 819, 757, 828, 820

Wow! Just the addition of those 3 players can give the SOX the strongest lineup

they've had since 2000.

Cairo would be a good player to sign cheap to pressure Harris for 2B.

Other options:

2B: P Polanco PHI. Made 4MIL last year. PHI offered arbit.

720 649 718 832 813 829

This would negate Coskie+Cairo.

SOX+Polanco+Green: 787, 735, 815, 745, 850, 833

SOX+Lee.................: 772, 738, 798, 744, 814, 813

Better across the board for just 2M more than Lee cost.

Cheap route:

SOX+Lee.....................: 772, 738, 798, 744, 814, 813

SOX+Pos+Green+Cairo: 793, 738, 809, 734, 843, 818

Nearly as good as +Lee for about 2M less than Lee cost.

The key for this trade to work is for the SOX to go out & sign Green.

SOX-Lee+Pos: 779, 729, 802, 703, 808, 787

That's not going to win a division & luck is usually stingy with this team :santabye

the following is a public service announcment brought to you by all the chicago white sox fans in the world: thank you, and enjoy.

all i want for christmas is a f***ing STARTER!NOW!!!so go on KW, go to santa clause and get us a good freankin PITCHER!

Coskie's out. TBJ Signed 3B Corey Koskie to a three-year contract with an option for 2008.

It gives us an idea on what Polanco might cost.

16.5/3 +6.5 if he has 1200 plate appearances over 3 yrs. That's pretty easy to do.

So for the most part it's 23/4. Just under 6M a yr.

That means our choices for 3B are Crede, Japan, or Randa.

I don't like any of them. Beltre is fantasy & not reality for the CWS.

Crede 04: 649, 607, 1018, 495, 711, 833

Randa 04: 800, 626, 793, 683, 754, 793

I don't know much about the Japanese guy, so I think I'll stick w Crede's upside potential for yet another year.

That leave C, 2B to upgrade.

C - Green is still available & not getting much press so KW get to work!

2B - Cairo seems like a no-brainer & Polanco is doable .. IMHO.

Coskie's out.  TBJ Signed 3B Corey Koskie to a three-year contract with an option for 2008.

It gives us an idea on what Polanco might cost.

16.5/3 +6.5 if he has 1200 plate appearances over 3 yrs.  That's pretty easy to do.

So for the most part it's 23/4.  Just under 6M a yr.

That means our choices for 3B are Crede, Japan, or Randa.

I don't like any of them. Beltre is fantasy & not reality for the CWS.

Crede 04: 649, 607, 1018, 495, 711, 833

Randa 04: 800, 626, 793,  683, 754, 793

I don't know much about the Japanese guy, so I think I'll stick w Crede's upside potential for yet another year.

That leave C, 2B to upgrade.

C - Green is still available & not getting much press so KW get to work!

2B - Cairo seems like a no-brainer & Polanco is doable .. IMHO.

Juggernaut,

Excellent analysis! I agree with both suggestions and neither should keep us from still have $$$ to sign Clement.

Okay please take a look at the Twins roster for the last couple years.  It looks horrible.  You don't need good players to win this division, you need a good TEAM.  And the players we have right now are more than good enough to win this shytebag division.

C'mon, you joking? That is a HUGE overstatement The Twins lineup last year had Cuddyer, Ford, Mourneau, Koskie, Jones, and Stewart, all of whom are very good players. Torii Hunter is usually good, not great, and last year he was solid. They had one horrible hitter (Blanco), one bad hitter (Rivas), and a borderline bad one (Guzman). But looking at that as a whole, we can't even say they had a "horrible" lineup.

And then we get to their real strength, pitching, with Santana, and Radke having a career year, and Nathan automatic. Those are good players, not some aura of teamliness pulling them through. The next time I see a good team without good players will be the first.

Some posts are better left unread ... or ignored.

I am certain I've missed some nuggets of gold while skipping past many posts in search of the guys and gals here whose opinions have been well researched and written. I probably ignore half the posters at this point.