Clement rumor

C_LEE45

Nah bears dont suck just killed by injuries and the dolphins have been horrible because their old best player is a stoner

INJURIES---David Boston,Surtain,Zach Thomas,JR ,Timbo Bowens,Lamar Gordan,Travis Minor, then the Ricky thing,then Booker needs to learn the Offence,lets look at the future baby 1-5 pick this year!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Reds deal may have dotted the i's and put the Halo around Clements head.

This is day two of my advocating the overpaying of Matt Clement stance.  It needs to happen.

I'm with you on overpaying for clement if neccessary. However I don't really feel that them getting rid of Ortiz has changed anything with their pursuit of Matt.

This is day two of my advocating the overpaying of Matt Clement stance.  It needs to happen.

Why is everyone so convinced Clement will be going to the Angels now? They still have Washburn to deal with as their 5th starter, and Byrd's contract is basically the same amount of money as was the salary of Ortiz.

i guess i would overpay too for clement, but not ridiculously. i just don't like odalis perez, had an injury last year, and choked in the playoffs.

The angels board said they might have now dropped out of the Clement running.

I would doubt it though, they have plenty of money to spend and I'm going to highly doubt their off-season on getting Paul Byrd.

Edit: I gues Anaheim does already have 5 starters, no top of the line ace, but 5 decent starters. Washburn is on the trading block so they could deal him to make room for Clement or have an expensive bullpen arm.

god the angels are going to be so good next year

Welcome aboard. It sure looks that way too. I still think they are in the Clement running though, but maybe not. Maybe they are going to have a much quieter offseason then anyone expected.

I still think they would like to add one of the big name shortstops, but the price tags are out of whack for them.

While everyone is concentrating on Clement, Kenny should do an end run and lock up Perez

But I doubt it - he'll probably try to engineer a trade so he doesn't have to add payroll; like dump Konerko and that Dodger minor leaguer can take his place

i hope that doesnt happen i still want konerko to stay if he doesnt our lineup in my view doesnt look to impressive :headshake

I sort of have a feeling -- just a feeling, I might be way off on this -- but I really think that Clement might take one or two million less just to stay in Chicago. He knows how it is here. He knows how passionate fans of both teams are, maybe his wife is telling him that they really love the city, and that he should really take a good look at the Sox and see if the two sides can come together.

Just a thought.

I sort of have a feeling -- just a feeling, I might be way off on this -- but I really think that Clement might take one or two million less just to stay in Chicago.  He knows how it is here.  He knows how passionate fans of both teams are, maybe his wife is telling him that they really love the city, and that he should really take a good look at the Sox and see if the two sides can come together.

Just a thought.

u forgot 1 thing. he said he really doesn't want to sell his house

I sort of have a feeling -- just a feeling, I might be way off on this -- but I really think that Clement might take one or two million less just to stay in Chicago.  He knows how it is here.  He knows how passionate fans of both teams are, maybe his wife is telling him that they really love the city, and that he should really take a good look at the Sox and see if the two sides can come together.

Just a thought.

I hope you're right, but I've heard that kind of sentiment so many times, and it's always hollow when money is concernred - particularly in the millions