MVP Baseball 2005

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
BTW, we went 26-0 in June.

That sounds real boring...

Right now im 12 - 5 (playing every game) and I came off a 9 game win streak to drop my last two.. I want to find more ways to lose, I hate winning every game.. The Phillies did kick Smoltz ass last night though, gave up 5 HR's

#1 Tim Hudson is 2 - 1 with a 3.00 ERA

#2 John Smoltz is 2 - 2 with a 4.17 ERA

#3 Mike Hampton is 2 - 1 with a 5.44 ERA

#4 John Thomson is 3 - 0 with a 0.47 ERA

#5 Horacio Ramirez is 3 - 0 with a 0.42 ERA

I do not get why the computer cant touch me when I throw with the 4th and 5th starters but when I got Hudson or Smoltz on the mound they usually hit me.. Also, my RP usually never get touched up, I think my highest RP era is like 3.38 and thats because he gave up one run against the Nationals the other night when I lost in 14th inning :(

Hitting wise I am actually walking now, my 8th hitter had 3 BB's the other day but I think its because I have the pitcher following and the computer just throws around him..

Andruw Jones is a badass, hes batting .311 with 7 HR's and 17 RBI's so far, and Mondesi has 7 HR's as well but thats like half of his total hits on the year..

So I have lost 2 games in a row now, hopefully with my adjusted sliders the game will be more life like.. I dont want it to be like when I was the Sox and was 21 - 2 to start the year, Buehrle was throwing 1 hitters and striking out 20 guys a start..

Edited by T R U

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
That sounds real boring...

Right now im 12 - 5 (playing every game) and I came off a 9 game win streak to drop my last two.. I want to find more ways to lose, I hate winning every game.. The Phillies did kick Smoltz ass last night though, gave up 5 HR's

#1 Tim Hudson is 2 - 1 with a 3.00 ERA

#2 John Smoltz is 2 - 2 with a 4.17 ERA

#3 Mike Hampton is 2 - 1 with a 5.44 ERA

#4 John Thomson is 3 - 0 with a 0.47 ERA

#5 Horacio Ramirez is 3 - 0 with a 0.42 ERA

I do not get why the computer cant touch me when I throw with the 4th and 5th starters but when I got Hudson or Smoltz on the mound they usually hit me.. Also, my RP usually never get touched up, I think my highest RP era is like 3.38 and thats because he gave up one run against the Nationals the other night when I lost in 14th inning :(

Hitting wise I am actually walking now, my 8th hitter had 3 BB's the other day but I think its because I have the pitcher following and the computer just throws around him..

Andruw Jones is a badass, hes batting .311 with 7 HR's and 17 RBI's so far, and Mondesi has 7 HR's as well but thats like half of his total hits on the year..

So I have lost 2 games in a row now, hopefully with my adjusted sliders the game will be more life like.. I dont want it to be like when I was the Sox and was 21 - 2 to start the year, Buehrle was throwing 1 hitters and striking out 20 guys a start..

You find winning boring??? You have to consistantly put out a winner(cheap one) to get fans in the seats and to make profit to upgrade your stadium. I also started out with a low budget(even though I failed 3 times with a medium budget) and it's been hard as hell to get where I'm at, but it makes it that much better. Seriously, how could you hate winning?? Anyway, I finished with a record of 130-32. My 24year old 3B won the MVP with a .372BA, 39HR's, 102RBI's, 52SB, & 178Runs. That's great considering he was my leadoff hitter. Jesus Brown won his 3rd consecutive Cy Young with a 26-3 Record in 253.2IP. He has a 1.81ERA 220K's and 55 Walks.

I swept the Silver Slugger Awards, but only had 2 GGers despite having the best fielding team.

Pitching Rotation:

Jesus Brown: 26-3, 1.81ERA, 220K's

Octavio Urban: 23-4 2.41ERA, 188K's

Juan Bradford: 22-5 3.30ERA 158K's

Dennis Randa: 16-6 3.83ERA 152k's

Olmeda Cesar: 7-1 3.19ERA 38K's(67.2IP because McCarthy got injured)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
You find winning boring??? You have to consistantly put out a winner(cheap one) to get fans in the seats and to make profit to upgrade your stadium. I also started out with a low budget(even though I failed 3 times with a medium budget) and it's been hard as hell to get where I'm at, but it makes it that much better. Seriously, how could you hate winning?? Anyway, I finished with a record of 130-32. My 24year old 3B won the MVP with a .372BA, 39HR's, 102RBI's, 52SB, & 178Runs. That's great considering he was my leadoff hitter. Jesus Brown won his 3rd consecutive Cy Young with a 26-3 Record in 253.2IP. He has a 1.81ERA 220K's and 55 Walks.

I swept the Silver Slugger Awards, but only had 2 GGers despite having the best fielding team.

Pitching Rotation:

Do I find winning boring? No. Do I find winning every single game and not having fun boring, yes.

Thats just me though, I dont wanna be 162 - 0, ide rather be like 92 - 70 and fighting my way into the playoffs

I want my video games to be realistic, I would like to go out there one game and just get blasted.. it makes it more life like and fun for me..

On NCAA football I did a Texas Tech dynasty and OU beat me 65 - 24... it was one of the more fun games I have played in a while

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Do I find winning boring? No. Do I find winning every single game and not having fun boring, yes.

Thats just me though, I dont wanna be 162 - 0, ide rather be like 92 - 70 and fighting my way into the playoffs

I want my video games to be realistic, I would like to go out there one game and just get blasted.. it makes it more life like and fun for me..

On NCAA football I did a Texas Tech dynasty and OU beat me 65 - 24... it was one of the more fun games I have played in a while

I feel the same way.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)

Ouch, 65-24? How many yards did Peterson get against you?

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Ouch, 65-24?  How many yards did Peterson get against you?

Peterson never plays the first year on mine.. I dunno why, never seen him play... but Mark Clayton just killed my defense..

Rightfully so, my defense was the weakness.. There was nothing I could do.. It was close for a while but in the second half they just crushed me

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)

Pitching Rotation:

I think everyone of us could do that on Rookie. I would actually do a hell of alot better. I wouldn't lose a Pro game either...I find playing like that boring.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
I think everyone of us could do that on Rookie. I would actually do a hell of alot better. I wouldn't lose a Pro game either...I find playing like that boring.

Who said I was playing on rookie??? I have it set up on MVP for Owner mode and when I actually play a game, I have it on All-Star with no sliders since Pro was getting ridiculous. I'm thinking about going to MVP for that too though since I still score 8 runs a game usually when I play on All-Star. Sorry, didn't know winning was so frowned upon around these parts.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Who said I was playing on rookie??? I have it set up on MVP for Owner mode and when I actually play a game, I have it on All-Star with no sliders since Pro was getting ridiculous. I'm thinking about going to MVP for that too though since I still score 8 runs a game usually when I play on All-Star. Sorry, didn't know winning was so frowned upon around these parts.

dude come on...

26 - 0 in June??? what was it 72 - 11 on the year??

I just dont find that fun at all..

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)

No one is frowning upon 'winning'. But it's unrealistic. You won 130 games one year, and went 26-0 in one month. That's terribly unrealistic, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Most of us like winning, just, competitive winning. This will sound nerd-ish, but having to work for your win -- a 3-2 game in extra innings, something like that. Ending up 89-73 and winning the WildCard by a game, sort of like that...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
No one is frowning upon 'winning'.  But it's unrealistic.  You won 130 games one year, and went 26-0 in one month.  That's terribly unrealistic, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Most of us like winning, just, competitive winning.  This will sound nerd-ish, but having to work for your win -- a 3-2 game in extra innings, something like that.  Ending up 89-73 and winning the WildCard by a game, sort of like that...

I couldnt have said it better myself, thats exactly what I want.. I dont wanna cruise through the season beating everyone I play 10 - 2 thats not fun at all..

The more realistic I can get the game, the more I enjoy it..

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
No one is frowning upon 'winning'.  But it's unrealistic.  You won 130 games one year, and went 26-0 in one month.  That's terribly unrealistic, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Most of us like winning, just, competitive winning.  This will sound nerd-ish, but having to work for your win -- a 3-2 game in extra innings, something like that.  Ending up 89-73 and winning the WildCard by a game, sort of like that...

But I did. I had to assemble the team by myself with the players the Sox have. I had to wheel and deal my way to get those players. I don't play the regular season because I'm ranked #1 every year so I just sim that and my team wins. Plus I keep a cheap payroll(75 million) and sign cheap, young good managers. What's wrong with that??? I play in the playoffs against the computer and my brothers and sometimes I lose against my older brother. I only played the regular season my first season of owner mode and ever since I simmed because I wanted to see my GM skills. I swear I'm not lying.

Oh yeah, just in case anyone didn't know, Bracey Wright is declaring for the draft so that's good news for the Illini.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
I couldnt have said it better myself, thats exactly what I want.. I dont wanna cruise through the season beating everyone I play 10 - 2 thats not fun at all..

The more realistic I can get the game, the more I enjoy it..

How's it not realistic? I scouted players, overpaid for the ones I wanted(by alot) and drafted right. It took me a long time to get out of the red.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
How's it not realistic? I scouted players, overpaid for the ones I wanted(by alot) and drafted right. It took me a long time to get out of the red.

You probably play on Pro. That is no fun. I play MVP and every game is fun. 3-2, or 2-1, games. Love it!

He actually says that he is simming, which means it does not matter what level its on, the computer is in control.

I agree that it is an accomplishment to build your team up to that type of dynasty. Winning 120 simmed games is very difficult, even pitchers like Peavy lose so you have to build a well balanced team.

SB

i have a hard time believing you simmed a 130 win season... me and my friend in MVP 2004 had our double A and triple A team consist of all legend players like Babe Ruth and stuff and they still lost like 10 games... so if an all legend team in the minors can lose 10 games i have doubts you could only lose 32 games on MVP using regular players.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
i have a hard time believing you simmed a 130 win season... me and my friend in MVP 2004 had our double A and triple A team consist of all legend players like Babe Ruth and stuff and they still lost like 10 games... so if an all legend team in the minors can lose 10 games i have doubts you could only lose 32 games on MVP using regular players.

Im tryin that idea now

Here is the warthogs lineup and im simmin now

1B Gehrig

2B Jackie Robinson

3B Mike Schmit

SS-Honus Wagner

LF Micky Mantle

CF Ty Cobb

RF Babe Ruth

C Johnny Bench

DH Jimmy Foxx

My Rotation is

Walter Johnson,

Cy Young

Satchel Paige

Nolan Ryan

Tom Seaver

The Bullpen and bench just include various other legends and im simmin

Final record for my sim

138-2

Same team FRD somethin beat em both times. Biggest win i saw was 25-0

Lou Gehrig batted .402

Ruth hit 58 Homers

Cy Young was 27-0 with a .055 ERA in 28 starts

Tom Seaver got both losses :fyou

Im sure ill win the championship, but if i dont ill edit.

Does anyone know of a website that has roster updates for the XBox for all MLB & minor league teams? I have an Xbox Action Replay, & neither Codejunkies.com or ps2rosters.com has updated roster info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
You probably play on Pro. That is no fun. I play MVP and every game is fun. 3-2, or 2-1, games. Love it!

I have started to play on MVP(it is really interesting) just recently(past 3 seasons in the playoffs) and before was all-star. When I play others I play on Pro though because that's how most people like it.

I have a hard time believing you simmed a 130 win season... me and my friend in MVP 2004 had our double A and triple A team consist of all legend players like Babe Ruth and stuff and they still lost like 10 games... so if an all legend team in the minors can lose 10 games i have doubts you could only lose 32 games on MVP using regular players.

I'll try to take pics and show you my accomplishments and stuff like that. I'm about to start another team, so I'll show you when I'm done simming the regular season. If there's a guy available called Arnaldo Vizcaino down the road, snatch him up. He was MVP for me at 3B at the age of 24.

Does anyone know of a website that has roster updates for the XBox for all MLB & minor league teams?  I have an Xbox Action Replay, & neither Codejunkies.com or ps2rosters.com has updated roster info.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

MVPmods.com

MVPlanet.com

The best Xbox roster update available is here. They imported guys like Pablo Ozuna, Chris Widger, and Jeremy Giambi from MVP Baseball 2004. You just have to register with the site to download it.

Anybody bored with the game and about to trade it in?  If so send me a PM, I might be interested in buying it.

You can buy a prewowned copy for $24.99 from GameStop. The website says they are "back ordered" right now but just call your local GameStop and see if they have a used copy available.

Edited by Jabroni

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/nitetrain8601/Picture082.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/nitetrain8601/Picture081.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/nitetrain8601/Picture080.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/nitetrain8601/Picture079.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/nitetrain8601/Picture078.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/nitetrain8601/Picture077.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/nitetrain8601/Picture076.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/nitetrain8601/Picture075.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/nitetrain8601/Picture074.jpg

In case people still didn't believe which I know some of you guys didn't. And no, I did not play a single game.

Edited by nitetrain8601