Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
spoiler

Didnt the 2 brothers have a bomb they setoff that was causing everything to blow off. Like Rodriguez told them 2 wait 3 minutes and than hit it.

That explains the very end, but there were explosions throughout the movie.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
:unsure:

norbit and wild hogs are movies. Bootlegs are pirated copies.

the confusion comes from why anyone in the world would want to watch those 2 movies.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 05:53 PM)
the confusion comes from why anyone in the world would want to watch those 2 movies.

They were free. A friend just handed me about 8 bootlegs they saw already. If I don't like them, I can turn it off.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 07:35 PM)
They were free. A friend just handed me about 8 bootlegs they saw already. If I don't like them, I can turn it off.

Iam right there with you.Its movies like Wildhogs that is made for bootleg,there is no risk.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 10:57 PM)
Is anybody else pumped for Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween?

f***in' a yes! I don't know why, but I'm a big fan of Rob Zombie's movies. They're not "great" by any means, but the guy just has this way to make sick into sicker.

Hell no. Halloween doesn't deserve a hip, fresh, psychedelic-infused 2007 adaption.

And I'm not one to complain about Hollywood churning out remake after remake, either. Certain movies -- such as "Hills Have Eyes" and "Assault on Precinct 13" -- were cult classics previously unknown to the general public. Remakes are well received (at least in my opinion) in situations such as these.

I'll list several movies right here I'd consider a remake before Halloween: Suspiria, Bad Taste, Demons, Dellamorte Dellamore. All are foreign-based films which could be further enhanced with a budget and some creative minds.

What's a shame is there's no shortage of material out in the world. Countless horror novels are available which have yet to be touched. I'd love it if someone made a movie out of one of my favorite horror-themed novels by Robert McCammon called, "Boy's Life."

One remake which I'm looking forward to (because the book was tremendous) is "I Am Legend." It has been done several times, under different pretenses, but even with Will Smith I'm hoping it will hold some of the book's uniqueness.

I like the originally Halloween. Probably one of my fav horror movies, but I fear Rob Zombie could turn it into a gore fest and the first one really wasn't that.

I like the idea of showing more of Michael's childhood and such though. I have followed some of the pre production and it seems Zombie is respectful to Carpenters vision so hopefully it won't be a blood bath like Devils Rejects or something.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 01:46 AM)
Hell no. Halloween doesn't deserve a hip, fresh, psychedelic-infused 2007 adaption.

Why? Because it is not a great art film?

No movie really deserves a remake. If a movie was great, why re-do it, and if it was bad, why re do it?

If a re-make is done well, it could work. Halloween may not be on the level of Gone With the Wind or Casablanca, but it was key in the horror genre and film history, IMO.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 08:05 AM)
Why? Because it is not a great art film?

No movie really deserves a remake. If a movie was great, why re-do it, and if it was bad, why re do it?

If a re-make is done well, it could work. Halloween may not be on the level of Gone With the Wind or Casablanca, but it was key in the horror genre and film history, IMO.

No, because it's a great film period.

Point here is, where is the line drawn? First Texas Chainsaw Massacre, then Halloween; next it'll be A Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, etc.

Remake any of the hundreds of movies with good ideas and poor execution before touching a horror classic.

us.imdb.com:

Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is planning to re-release Grindhouse as two separate films - after the double-bill flopped at the box office. The film, a double-feature directed by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez made just $11.6 million in its opening weekend in the US. Producer Weinstein is disappointed - and thinks Tarantino's Death Proof, starring Kurt Russell, and Rodriguez' Planet Terror, with Rose McGowan, will perform better on their own. He tells PageSix.com, "I don't think people understood what we were doing. The audience didn't get the idea that it is two movies for the price of one. I don't understand the math, but I want to accommodate the audience."

Bad idea, IMO.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)
us.imdb.com:

Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is planning to re-release Grindhouse as two separate films - after the double-bill flopped at the box office. The film, a double-feature directed by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez made just $11.6 million in its opening weekend in the US. Producer Weinstein is disappointed - and thinks Tarantino's Death Proof, starring Kurt Russell, and Rodriguez' Planet Terror, with Rose McGowan, will perform better on their own. He tells PageSix.com, "I don't think people understood what we were doing. The audience didn't get the idea that it is two movies for the price of one. I don't understand the math, but I want to accommodate the audience."

Bad idea, IMO.

I didn't understand it as two movies for a while after the advertising and promotion began. They did a really poor job conveying that clearly.

Anyone else going to see ATHF:MFFT this weekend?

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
I didn't understand it as two movies for a while after the advertising and promotion began. They did a really poor job conveying that clearly.

Anyone else going to see ATHF:MFFT this weekend?

I definitely plan on seeing it because I'm a huge fan of the TV series. Don't know whether it will be this weekend or not though.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 02:14 AM)
us.imdb.com:

Bad idea, IMO.

When are they going to start doing this? I thought they were only doing this in other countries but not the U.S.

Grr... People just gotta see that Blades of Glory movie. Pisses me off, too, because there's really no doubt in my mind that Grindhouse is the better movie. BoG looks a helluva a lot like Talledega Nights only with the 'skating' twist to it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
I definitely plan on seeing it because I'm a huge fan of the TV series. Don't know whether it will be this weekend or not though.

Finally this thing is here. Epicness. I will be seeing it soon enough hopefully.