Films

LosMediasBlancas

i just saw a doc. "in it for the rep" or somethin like that. Little indie film for missouri's true/false doc festival. It was a little boring and he didn't get many good interviews but the sound track kicked ass. His brother did it. He's having trouble distributing it. i don't regret seeing it. He's a nice filmmaker.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the last hour of the Untouchables yesterday and realized all over again how much I absolutely loved that movie. Its so easy to distracted by how good the movie is and miss all of the great Chicago architecture and buildings that they shoot in.

Has anyone seen Running Scared? It's currently showing in limited locations, and hasn't really been promoted well. Until earlier this afternoon I was unaware of it. From a friend of mine who has seen it, the movie is terrific. Similar to 8MM in the brutal subject matter discussed.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
Has anyone seen Running Scared? It's currently showing in limited locations, and hasn't really been promoted well. Until earlier this afternoon I was unaware of it. From a friend of mine who has seen it, the movie is terrific. Similar to 8MM in the brutal subject matter discussed.

Check the last page. I liked it.

Just saw When A Stranger Calls....very interesting movie. It is really slow but really suspenseful as well. Ending is pretty confusing but freaky at the same time. Overall, not bad of a movie but don't expect anything great.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
Just saw When A Stranger Calls....very interesting movie. It is really slow but really suspenseful as well. Ending is pretty confusing but freaky at the same time. Overall, not bad of a movie but don't expect anything great.

The original's first scene is freaky as hell than gets really slow, making me not like it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
The original's first scene is freaky as hell than gets really slow, making me not like it.

This is what I have heard. I want to see the original just for comparison. I hear there are a few differences in the 2 though.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
Anyone seen Dave Chappelle's "Block Party"?

I saw it tonight and I loved it. It's really all about the music, which is great, but of course it has some funny parts too. It was definitely an entertaining movie. The movie does a great job of blending the concert performances with backstage footage and preparations for the concert. You can tell that Dave is having a blast putting the show on. I only hope the DVD will have the option to view the performances in their entirety along with plenty of extra behind the scenes footage.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)

The best part of the movie was the house.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
Anybody ever seen this movie called "Shakma?"  It's about a killer baboon.  I saw it once about 10 years ago.  I've been looking for it for a while now and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Shakma

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I got forced to watch Rent this weekend.

Let me just say the best part was seeing Detective Green of Law and Order fame, play a gay man with AIDS who hooked up with a gay transvestite who had AIDS.

I hate musicals. I really, really hate musicals. I don't get them, I don't pretend to be cultured, and "get the message". I hate musicals.

Finally saw 'Match Point" last night. I loved it, but probably because one of my favorite sayings is: "it's better to be lucky than good" and the film is all about luck.

Scarlett J. is incredibly sexy in it, but the more I see her, the more I realize she's just above average as an actress. I thought the supporting actor and actress should have played the leads, but I guess they weren't pretty enough.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 07:11 AM)
I hate musicals.  I really, really hate musicals.  I don't get them, I don't pretend to be cultured, and "get the message".  I hate musicals.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ multiplied by infinity.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
Finally saw 'Match Point" last night.  I loved it, but probably because one of my favorite sayings is: "it's better to be lucky than good" and the film is all about luck.

Scarlett J. is incredibly sexy in it, but the more I see her, the more I realize she's just above average as an actress.    I thought the supporting actor and actress should have played the leads, but I guess they weren't pretty enough.

i wanna see it. I love woody allen.

It was playing at our local mom and pop cinema for like all of february and i still missed it. Because i'm an idiot.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
i wanna see it. I love woody allen.

It was playing at our local mom and pop cinema for like all of february and i still missed it. Because i'm an idiot.

It's a very UN-Woody Allen like film, but worth the time and loot.