Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
With the whole "lost in woods/mountains/desert with crazy locals" sub-genre, I'd say Deliverance is near the bottom. I'd recommend Dead End far before any movie with Burt Reynolds.

Anyone remember an early 80's film titled 'Southern Comfort'? Same premise, military guys go messing around in the Louisiana swamp lands and piss of some crazy Cajuns.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
Anyone remember an early 80's film titled 'Southern Comfort'?  Same premise, military guys go messing around in the Louisiana swamp lands and piss of some crazy Cajuns.

Anyone ever seen Troma's "Redneck Zombies"? that was the best lost in the southern hickville movie ever made! And zombie movie for that matter

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
Anyone ever seen Troma's "Redneck Zombies"? that was the best lost in the southern hickville movie ever made! And zombie movie for that matter

Have I? s***, I've had the video for nearly 8 years. Typical Troma production:Cheap effects, terrible script, odd 80's soundtrack, plenty of gore--especially the scene at the end when the Zombie's head is blown off.

I recently bought "Chopper Chicks in Zombietown" from a video store in Park Ridge which was closing. Interested in watching this pile of crap. :D

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
Have I? s***, I've had the video for nearly 8 years. Typical Troma production:Cheap effects, terrible script, odd 80's soundtrack, plenty of gore--especially the scene at the end when the Zombie's head is blown off.

I recently bought "Chopper Chicks in Zombietown" from a video store in Park Ridge which was closing. Interested in watching this pile of crap.  :D

the black soldier was fantastic...he deserved the academy award not denzel

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 21, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
I just saw V for Vendetta.  That movie was f***ing great.  I'd recommend it to anyone.

I just saw it last night and yes it was a great movie. V is great, I loved him, everyone should go and see it.

Saw The Inside Man last night. It was pretty good, I enjoyed it, it kept my attention (was a tad too long, but, oh well). I'm still not sure why Jodie Foster was in the movie, but whatever.

Anyway, it was enjoyable.

Recommended.

Edited by Soxy

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
Holy hell. I just saw Saw 2 last night from NetFlix and it is awesome. I absolutely loved it. Talk about left field!

Wow. Doesn't take much to get you excited. I thought it was very medicore.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Finally watched Wedding Crashers Saturday... so not as funny as everyone told me. Vince is weird.

Thats because you don't have a sense of humor.

I pretty much agree, the only laugh out loud part of that movie is the dinner table scene, and I guess the backyard football game. But like most comedies I always laugh more when I see them at the theatre. The whole contagious laughing thing, etc.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
Thats because you don't have a sense of humor.

I pretty much agree, the only laugh out loud part of that movie is the dinner table scene, and I guess the backyard football game. But like most comedies I always laugh more when I see them at the theatre. The whole contagious laughing thing, etc.

I laughed more at Owen and the others then I did at Vince - who I was told repeatedly "stole the movie". :huh

Gloria throwing a fit at the reception (holding her breath stomping) had me laughing the most.

The motorboat thing was just strange.

Saw a film called 'I Love Your Work' with Giovanni Ribisi, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. Very stylish film about fame, stalking, paranoia and a Hollywood actor who is kinda losing his mind. Can't spoil it, but if you like quirky s***, rent it.

Oh yeah and cameos by Vince Vaughn and Elvis Costello.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas