Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
I laughed more at Owen and the others then I did at Vince - who I was told repeatedly "stole the movie".  :huh

Gloria throwing a fit at the reception (holding her breath stomping) had me laughing the most.

The motorboat thing was just strange.

Jeremy Grey: Why don't you try getting jacked off under the table in front of the whole damn family and have some real problems, jackass. Hey, what were they like anyway? They looked pretty good, are they real? Are they built for speed or comfort? What'd you do with them? Motorboat? You play the motorboat?

[makes sputtering motorboat noise] You motorboatin son of a b****! You old sailor you! Where is she? She still in the house?

That's pretty much the funniest thing I've heard in a movie in quite a while. I love Vince.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
Jeremy Grey: Why don't you try getting jacked off under the table in front of the whole damn family and have some real problems, jackass. Hey, what were they like anyway? They looked pretty good, are they real? Are they built for speed or comfort? What'd you do with them? Motorboat? You play the motorboat?

[makes sputtering motorboat noise] You motorboatin son of a b****! You old sailor you! Where is she? She still in the house?

That's pretty much the funniest thing I've heard in a movie in quite a while.  I love Vince.

Maybe it's just seeing him do it. He's gross to me.

My all-time favorite Vince Vaughn character is in the film "Made" with Jon Favreau(who also directed it).

Vince Vaughns character is just someone who you simultaneously want to laugh at and just strangle. He is just an outright idiot. And Favreau's character is funny because he keeps getting dragged into Vince Vaughns problems because they are best friends. Funny movie.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
My all-time favorite Vince Vaughn character is in the film "Made" with Jon Favreau(who also directed it).

Vince Vaughns character is just someone who you simultaneously want to laugh at and just strangle.  He is just an outright idiot.  And Favreau's character is funny because he keeps getting dragged into Vince Vaughns problems because they are best friends.  Funny movie.

I liked him in that drama/thriller where he played the step dad to John Travlota's son.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
I liked him in that drama/thriller where he played the step dad to John Travlota's son.

Domestic Disturbance. I never saw that one, gonna have to check it out

I was checking Vince Vaughns movie resume' and saw this:

Wake Up Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie

Has anyone ever heard of or seen this film? You would think that this would have made a few waves considering the popularity of Anchorman.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
I laughed more at Owen and the others then I did at Vince - who I was told repeatedly "stole the movie".  :huh

Gloria throwing a fit at the reception (holding her breath stomping) had me laughing the most.

The motorboat thing was just strange.

I'm with you on that. I actually loved Wedding Crashers in spite of Vince Vaughan. I just don't find him funny. I don't know what it is, but everytime I see him in a movie I just don't laugh at him. I mean there were some great lines in Wedding Crashers that Vince said, but I don't think it was him who made em funny, I think it was the writing. You can definately put me down on the anti-Vince Vaughan bandwagon. And on top of that he tried to creepily hit on my sister a few months back, not a plus in my book.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
I'm with you on that.  I actually loved Wedding Crashers in spite of Vince Vaughan.  I just don't find him funny.  I don't know what it is, but everytime I see him in a movie I just don't laugh at him.  I mean there were some great lines in Wedding Crashers that Vince said, but I don't think it was him who made em funny, I think it was the writing.  You can definately put me down on the anti-Vince Vaughan bandwagon.  And on top of that he tried to creepily hit on my sister a few months back, not a plus in my book.

Really? Jennifer Aniston must not have been in town at the moment. :rolly

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
Really?  Jennifer Aniston must not have been in town at the moment.  :rolly

You really think he's faithful? He came to the bar that all my buddies work at here in Madison and brought multiple girls back to his tour bus parked right outside. Whether it was screw em or snort with em I'm not to sure, but I'm fairly sure that he's not faithful. Just my hunch, none of this fact.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
You really think he's faithful?  He came to the bar that all my buddies work at here in Madison and brought multiple girls back to his tour bus parked right outside.  Whether it was screw em or snort with em I'm not to sure, but I'm fairly sure that he's not faithful.  Just my hunch, none of this fact.

Cue up the Vince Vaughn (no floating vowels) pictures with random hotties proving his infidelity. :rolly

Or do we only do this with White Sox players??

Yeah I agree with Steff on this one. I thought it was funny but not as funny as I expected. I did a few scenes and I actually laughed pretty good when they crashed a funeral and then I laughed at a couple other things. But overall the movie didn't impress me like I thought it would.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
On a more positive note...I still have some faith in the United States.

The Larry the Cable Guy movie only grossed 7 million dollars this week.

There is still a little sanity left  :D

haha good.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
On a more positive note...I still have some faith in the United States.

The Larry the Cable Guy movie only grossed 7 million dollars this week.

There is still a little sanity left  :D

i honestly thought it could be the highest grossing film of all time...no joke.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
I just saw it last night and yes it was a great movie. V is great, I loved him, everyone should go and see it.

I saw it Saturday night and liked it a lot. Not as much action as I expected, but a very good movie. I'd recommend it.

By far the best movie thats been out in a while (most everything out lately appears to be garbage).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
I saw it Saturday night and liked it a lot.  Not as much action as I expected, but a very good movie.  I'd recommend it. 

By far the best movie thats been out in a while (most everything out lately appears to be garbage).

aw man just wait for snakes on a plane then...

i'm gonna go see the matinee for V at 3...so then i can finally talk about it. Spring break is boring but i'm looking forward to catching up on the cinema i've missed.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Finally watched Wedding Crashers Saturday... so not as funny as everyone told me. Vince is weird.

Eery, I was watching it for the first time on Saturday too...But it started skipping during the dinner scene since it's all scratched up so now I have to go back to blockbuster. :angry:

And it's kinda ironic that family guy would rip on vaughn since I would imagine they share lots of the same fans...At least I think they did?

i saw V for Vendetta.

I have a few complaints but i don't see how people could complain about the terrorism/anti american thing. I mean for something set so far into the future you don't think they'd mention the most powerful country in the world in responding to how the history of this new world was built?

And i thought they did a good job of questioning whether V was a hero, or a villain, and natalie portman was gorgeous even with a bald head and a hospital gown.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Vaughn is an extremely sarcastic funny.  I am a sarcastic person so i find him hilarious

speaking of vince vaughn i may get to see him wednesday. i'm working on a shoot for The Break Up with him and Jennifer Aniston - hopefully i'll get some screen time - probably gonna be a s***ty movie but hey, it's fun!

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
speaking of vince vaughn i may get to see him wednesday.  i'm working on a shoot for The Break Up with him and Jennifer Aniston - hopefully i'll get some screen time - probably gonna be a s***ty movie but hey, it's fun!

I heard they were reshooting some bowling scenes. That should be fun. Wear something with the Sox logo on it.. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
speaking of vince vaughn i may get to see him wednesday.  i'm working on a shoot for The Break Up with him and Jennifer Aniston - hopefully i'll get some screen time - probably gonna be a s***ty movie but hey, it's fun!

I'll PM you my phone number, slip that bad boy in Jennifer's pocket for me. Thanks.