Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ May 24, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
I hate it when a contestant uses more than one lifeline on a question on Millionaire.

I saw a guy use all three on a $4000 question. And then he got it wrong. Idiot.

"What color is wasabi, a popular condiment in sushi restaurants?"

QUOTE(Brian @ May 24, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
For your enjoyment. Dumbest guy on Millionaire!

Where do I go to fix the fact that I can't post the video like some people?

:lolhitting

I was looking for that after your first post.

To post it as a video, copy the Embed link.

And then post options under the smileys, click the pull down for HTML to autobreak.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 24, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
Yeah, I assumed somebody already had it up. Heck, my wife emailed it to me this afternoon, so if she's seen it then everybody must have by now. :bang

I've gotten it at least a dozen times today. :lol:

QUOTE(Yoda @ May 24, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
What is up with the climate around here? It rains and then it stops. It rains again and then it stops. Rains AGAIN, but with the sun out!

You should live over here. It's nearly June right/ We woke up to frost this morning, followed by rain, shirt sleeve hot sunshine, wind (my son was at school so it wasn't him ),rain, hail/snow, sunshine and now it's blowing a force 9 gail. Only 2 weeks ago I got sunburnt working in the garden.

I could probably write a book about all of the cute and funny things my 2-year-old brother says and does and annoy the hell out of everyone who dares to listen, but I'll spare everyone and just share this since it applies to the board...

His new favorite thing to say to make me smile is "You can put it on the board...Yes!" (Ok, sometimes it'll just come out as "put in on the board, yes," but for the most part it's right on.) :)

He'll also get a laugh out of saying "go cubs" to make me say "Noo!" since he knows I don't like it. :P

Alright, I'm done being corny for now...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 25, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
I could probably write a book about all of the cute and funny things my 2-year-old brother says and does and annoy the hell out of everyone who dares to listen, but I'll spare everyone and just share this since it applies to the board...

His new favorite thing to say to make me smile is "You can put it on the board...Yes!" (Ok, sometimes it'll just come out as "put in on the board, yes," but for the most part it's right on.) :)

He'll also get a laugh out of saying "go cubs" to make me say "Noo!" since he knows I don't like it. :P

I found that my daughter was at her most irresistable between 2 1/2 and 3 years old. It was something about her complete innocence and her learning curve shooting way up at the same time. Of course, she was steamrolling through the "terrible twos" like nobodies business, but at the same time I didnt really care because she was so DAMN CUTE!

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 25, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)

:wub: How sweet.

QUOTE(Soxy @ May 25, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
Is it better to be passive aggressive or aggressive?

I'm going to go with aggressive. I *hate* passive aggressive people.

I also hate passive-aggressives. But I do it secretly and in a sniping sort of way. :D

QUOTE(Soxy @ May 25, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Is it better to be passive aggressive or aggressive?

I'm going to go with aggressive. I *hate* passive aggressive people.

How did you ever survive your undergrad days in the land of passive-agressiveness?

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ May 25, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)
How did you ever survive your undergrad days in the land of passive-agressiveness?

I don't know. But I miss it. Oh, land of 10,000 lakes and passive-aggressive scandanavians I miss thee.

Brian is taking the test for the Chicago Fire Department. He took the test that was back in '95 and while he passed, he never got called.

He took the practice test and did well. I hope for his sake he passes and gets called quickly. If he isn't called by 5/10/07 he will never be called as he turns 35 and the CFD now has that age limit. He has someone upstairs pulling for him in spirit now so I hope that helps him.

I think I am more nervous than he is.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:37 AM)
Brian is taking the test for the Chicago Fire Department. He took the test that was back in '95 and while he passed, he never got called.

He took the practice test and did well. I hope for his sake he passes and gets called quickly. If he isn't called by 5/10/07 he will never be called as he turns 35 and the CFD now has that age limit. He has someone upstairs pulling for him in spirit now so I hope that helps him.

I think I am more nervous than he is.

Here's Hoping. :cheers

BTW, there seems to be a screwy feature on the revamped site. Consecutive posts made by the same poster in a thread are automatically merged into a single post. At east that is my experience right now.

Is this intentional?

See? The reply to Queen in this post was actually it's own post, then the quip about the automerge was another. This line is supposed to be its own post as well, but I bet it gets merged as well. . .

Yep.

Is this a way to not carry on conversations with themselves in a thread?? :D

Edited by FlaSoxxJim