Neal Focking Cotts

sox-r-us

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I will admit Cotts has been impressive lately. Let's see if he keeps it up. If he does, it would be awesome, because I still have faith that Shingo and Viz will turn it around soon.

This way we do not need any BP upgrades and can focus on the SS/3B position at trade deadline

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Wow, tonight was a thing of beauty.  As a Cotts backer I freaking loved it.  Hell I'm probably Cotts biggest fan (next to Steff of course).

I was about to stay. Nobody is a bigger Cotts junkie than Steff.

And by the way, i've always supported Cotts.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
Wow, tonight was a thing of beauty.  As a Cotts backer I freaking loved it.  Hell I'm probably Cotts biggest fan (next to Steff of course).

I thought you said he should have been sent down a few weeks ago Jason? :P

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
I thought you said he should have been sent down a few weeks ago Jason?  :P

I wanted him to go down because if he isn't getting consistent work no point in having him up here. Cotts was hurt big time by pitching at the major league level last year, imo. In fact I've long thought he has the ability to be a frontline starting pitcher (#2 at best).

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Focking sounds like something you would say in front of your parents because you don't want to get in trouble for saying ''f***''.

Unless you said it like "fook" to sound like a Pom...... but yes f***ing is the way to go.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:10 AM)
Be grateful that you have the power to change the thread title... :D

Heh...I'd be called out on that in a hurry. Just as long as we all know when someone says:

Neal f***ING Cotts!!

that it means Neal went out and did a good job :D

and when we say:

f***ING Neal Cotts!!

we know he imploded! :chair

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
You are watching the emergence of a set up man now, and it is due to Ozzies "terrible" bullpen management and willingness try guys in different roles.  You may all praise him now.

Who? Ozzie or Neal? :lol:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:18 AM)
Who? Ozzie or Neal?  :lol:

Both.

It's also important to realize that different guys are going to carry you through-out the long baseball season. Cotts is hot now, maybe he and Politte will carry us via the set-up role for June and part of July, but fall off a bit. By that time, maybe Shingo and Marte will have "righted" themselves...

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
Who? Ozzie or Neal?  :lol:

Both! Actually I was going for Ozzie, but it works either way. People are so quick to point out when Ozzie's style flops, but when it works out no one saids anything. If Ozzie managed by the book, the 7th and 8th would have belonged to Marte and Politte in one order or the other, and we would have never seen Neal. Oz has done this a few times in the last couple of weeks. Now he knows he has another guy who can accell in a pressure situation with the game on the line in the late innings. How valuable is that?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
You are watching the emergence of a set up man now, and it is due to Ozzies "terrible" bullpen management and willingness try guys in different roles.  You may all praise him now.

I've noticed a different approach in Cotts, he seems to be rearing back to throw his fastball, instead of aiming his pitches. He is being more aggressive and challenging the hitters, somewhat like he did when he was pitching well in the minors, I like his new approach.