• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin vs. Buehrle

211041.jpg @ 279824.jpg

Ryan Franklin vs. Sox (2004 stats)     Mark Buehrle vs. Mariners (2004 stats)
2 starts                               2 starts
1-1 record                             2-0 record
7.59 ERA                               3.00 ERA
1.97 WHIP                              1.33 WHIP
.349 BAA                               .327 BAA
10.2 IP                                15.0 IP
15 H                                   18 H
9 R                                    5 R
9 ER                                   5 ER
4 HR                                   0 HR
6 BB                                   2 BB
5 K                                    5 SO

Let's win the series right here!!!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
See ya there!  First game of the season for me (and Brain suggested it...I think the end of the world is upon us lol).

i woke up this morning, and my dads like, wanna go to the sox game!? of course i was like hell ya! lol , if anyone sees me in my retro sox jersey with the cursive White Sox across the chest, say hello! :headbang

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
anyone else notice that we are only tied for 1st with the twins, they have quietly won 5 in a row

Yeah. It's funny how this division is. It's early, you can't disregard that, but the Sox and Twins are already have a 3 game cushion on everyone else in the division.

QUOTE(ihatethecubs @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
i woke up this morning, and my dads like, wanna go to the sox game!? of course i was like hell ya! lol , if anyone sees me in my retro sox jersey with the cursive White Sox across the chest, say hello! :headbang

So all your whining for nothing, huh?? :P I'm leaving right now to go to the cell. :gosoxretro:

Sorry for the late game notes. It's Saturday, my day to sleep in.

Buehrle takes aim at second victory

Seattle (5-5) at White Sox (7-3), 1:05 p.m. CT

The White Sox look for two victories in a row Saturday afternoon and have the right man for the job on the mound in Mark Buehrle.

Buehrle won the season opener against Cleveland with eight shutout innings, but lost a battle with Minnesota's Johan Santana last Sunday night. The left-hander has pitched well in his career against Seattle, but has struggled against Bret Boone. The Seattle second baseman has two home runs and four RBIs in head-to-head battles with Buehrle.

Left fielder Scott Podsednik still is day-to-day with his right groin strain, but the White Sox could use some left-handed hitting help against Ryan Franklin. The Seattle right-hander has limited Jermaine Dye to two hits in 20 career at-bats, Joe Crede to one hit in 13 at-bats and even Carl Everett to one hit in 10 at-bats.

Seattle has lost its last seven games played at U.S. Cellular Field.

Pitching matchup

CWS: LHP Mark Buehrle

• 1-1, 3.00 ERA in 2005

• 2-0, 3.00 in 2004 vs. SEA

SEA: RHP Ryan Franklin

• 1-0, 2.13 ERA in 2005

• 1-1, 7.59 in 2004 vs. CWS

Player to watch

Paul Konerko finished the recent six-game road trip with three hits in 23 at-bats, all three of those hits going for home runs. Konerko hit his fourth Thursday night in Cleveland and should have a chance to add to that total against Franklin. For his career, Konerko has nine hits in 25 at-bats against the Seattle right-hander, with two home runs and six RBIs.

Quotable

"That was the biggest key for me. When Ichiro gets on base, he's so quick and such a good player and so smart about what he's doing, that if you keep him off base, it becomes the key to doing well vs. this team. He's what fires them." -- starting and winning pitcher Jon Garland on keeping Ichiro Suzuki hitless for his first three at-bats Friday.

On television

• CWS: WGN-TV

• SEA: KSTW

On radio

• CWS: ESPN Radio, AM 1000

• SEA: KOMO

Quick hits

Garland has a 5-1 career record against Seattle, with a 2.69 ERA. ... Everett has hit safely in eight of his last nine games after his fifth-inning single Friday. His streak of driving in at least one run per game ended at six games. ... Dye entered Friday's action hitting .136 (3-for-22) lifetime against Joel Pineiro, but homered off the right-hander in the sixth. ... Crede has hit in six straight games. ... The White Sox have a 3-1 record at home, 4-2 record at night and are 1-0 on this current five-game homestand. They are 1-0 against the American League West.

On deck

• Sunday: vs. Mariners, 2:05 p.m. CT

• Monday: vs. Twins, 7:05 p.m. CT

• Tuesday: vs. Twins, 7:05 p.m. CT

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

The rest of today's lineups:

M's:

Ichiro RF

Winn LF

Beltre 3B

Boone 2b

Ibanez DH

Spiezio 1B

Bloomquist CF

Wilson c

Valdez SS

Sox:

Perez LF

Iguchi 2B

Everett DH

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

Rowand CF

Uribe SS

Widger C

Crede 3B

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
I'm not a fan of Willie, but he deserves to be playing today either for Timo or Iguchi.

I think Willie should be playing too, but as long as we win I dont really care who is playing