Star Wars

Chisoxfn

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back.

Awesome, awesome, and awesome.

Whoever said the dialogue was corny, they were right, but that's to be expected.

Everything else was flawless. Tied all the ends together so perfectly.

Saw it tonight and as everyone else says it blows away the other 2 prequels. I'm still not sure that it's as good as 4 or 5 but it does do a great job of tying everything together. I also noticed some political undertones but I won't get into those.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 20, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
Link doesn't seem to work.

http://www.torrentspy.com/latest.asp?mode=yesterday

Looks like there are a ton of torrents for it.

Link works for me. Anyway you could just use this link then click ''apparently not''.

This is what it has to say.

Monday we reported about the first appearance of what appeared to be Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith on the Bit Torrent network. After a twenty-something hour download, many reports have come in that the torrent file is a fake, containing a 700mb info file and a 450kb mpg. This is what is called an anti-torrent, which could have possibly been created as a diversion by the studio or MPAA. If you remember, the same thing happened on the MP3 file sharing networks with corrupted song files. If this is indeed a step taken by the studios or MPAA, I'm pretty sure this would be their first attempt of this kind on the bit torrent networks. I have recieved e-mails saying that there is a real file out there. Where? Again I can't say due to the DMCA. I'm sure the discussion will continue on the boards and on IRC...

http://www.egotastic.com/entertainment/mov...ttorrent-000201

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 20, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
Link works for me. Anyway you could just use this link then click ''apparently not''.

This is what it has to say.

http://www.egotastic.com/entertainment/mov...ttorrent-000201

There's a bunch of them now. Pretty sure some of them are real. I have no idea of the quality and I don't really care because I'm definitely going to go see it in theatres soon.

Saw it last night and I was absolutely speechless when the movie was over. I definitely believe this one is as good as A New Hope. I’ll list my rankings for all of the Star Wars movies later, but first I want to talk about the actual movie. Sorry, but I just can’t help it...

**SPOILERS**

I’m not going to talk about every scene, but I definitely want to talk about the transformation of Anakin into Vader. The scene where Obi-Wan confronts Anakin was magnificent. As a big Star Wars fan, I knew that Obi-Wan would kick Anakin’s ass, but I had absolutely no idea that he would just leave Anakin there like a helpless dog begging for attention. That really struck me.

Another that left me speechless was the scene where Sidious commands all of the clone troopers to start attacking all of the Jedi. I heard at least 5 people in the theater room say “Oh s***...” cause they knew what was coming. Oh, and how about the scene where the little, helpless, young jedi student asks Anakin “What are we going to do?” and Anakin’s punk ass whips out his lightsaber. MERCY...

**END OF SPOILERS**

With all of that being said, I think Lucas ended the Trilogy well. Yes, we all knew what was going to happen in Ep. III, but it is still worth watching.

Rankings of Star Wars films:

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

QUOTE(Yoda @ May 22, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
Saw it last night and I was absolutely speechless when the movie was over. I definitely believe this one is as good as A New Hope. I’ll list my rankings for all of the Star Wars movies later, but first I want to talk about the actual movie. Sorry, but I just can’t help it...

**SPOILERS**

I’m not going to talk about every scene, but I definitely want to talk about the transformation of Anakin into Vader. The scene where Obi-Wan confronts Anakin was magnificent.  As a big Star Wars fan, I knew that Obi-Wan would kick Anakin’s ass, but I had absolutely no idea that he would just leave Anakin there like a helpless dog begging for attention. That really struck me.

Another that left me speechless was the scene where Sidious commands all of the clone troopers to start attacking all of the Jedi. I heard at least 5 people in the theater room say “Oh s***...” cause they knew what was coming. Oh, and how about the scene where the little, helpless, young jedi student asks Anakin “What are we going to do?” and Anakin’s punk ass whips out his lightsaber. MERCY...

**END OF SPOILERS**

With all of that being said, I think Lucas ended the Trilogy well. Yes, we all knew what was going to happen in Ep. III, but it is still worth watching.

Rankings of Star Wars films:

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

you liked clones better than menace? or is that only because Yoda kicks ass in clones?

QUOTE(Reddy @ May 22, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
you liked clones better than menace?  or is that only because Yoda kicks ass in clones?

Largely for me it comes down to these things:

Decideing who was the more annoying Akakin – Jake Lloyd or Hayden Christensen. The idiotic "Yippees" of little Anakin versus the terrible attempt at brooding/tormented character of adolescent Anakin. In the end both of these bad performances have to be seen as Lucas' failings as a director.

There is also the Jar Jar factor. If you hated that character and the inordinate amount of screen time given to him in Menace, it's hard to put that above Clones.

Finally, I HATED that Lucas had to, out of all the possible origins in teh entire galaxy, fall back on comic book stupidity and decide that a youbg Anakin should have been the one to build C3PO, etc. That continues to bug me more than any of the demystifying of the Force with the concept of the Mdichlorians (sp?) that so many other people seemed to despise from Menace. I mean, Lucas has no qualms about introducing a dozen brand new planets and races into the story line with each film, but he felt he had to to teh happy together thing and make Baby Vader also happen to be C3PO's maker. Completely stupid.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
That totally cracked me up. Ahh the way he said it, lol. Man, that was bad.

That line almost entirely ruined my enjoyment of the movie.

I thought Organa was a really good character. I wish they would have used Jimmy Smits more throughout the trilogy.

The "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" notwithstanding, Sith probably ended up just about as well as it could have. Sith's shortcomings really demonstrate how big of a set-back Phantom Menace really was. Menace was terrible for the following reasons:

6) Pod Race

5) Midichlorians

4) Jar-Jar

3) Darth Maul - once Maul died, there wasn't much opportunity for a villain to really establish an identiy in two movies. Additionally, there was no attempt to establish his character at all. In reality, Maul and Tyranaus should have been one character. Anakin could have confronted him three times, faring better each time. The final time, Anakin slays him brutally and in cold blood to become Vader.

2) Introduction of the Droid Army/Trade Federation - What a worthless, unbelievable set of pathetic villains.

1) Complete failure to advance the Star Wars Saga in any fashion. You could have added about 5 minutes to the beginning of Attack of the Clones to establish that Padme and Anakin knew each other already.

That said, I'm glad they left out the "I am your father" moment from Sith.

I think I'm going to re-write the prequel trilogy sometime this week, where primarily the same stuff happens. Hopefully you all enjoy it.

My rankings:

1) Return of the Jedi (I consider myself a true star wars fan, and don't understand why everybody hates it)

2) Empire Strikes Back

3) A New Hope

4) Revenge of the Sith

5) Attack of the Clones

6) Phantom Menace

Edited by Wedge