willie at SS

soxfan420

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 24, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
Well Uribe definitely needs a day off. He has been brutal lately. Either him or Ozuna at short. But Ozzie needs to only play one sub per game. Not the Jerry Manual Sunday lineup.

i think harris SS and ozuna 3b is acceptable harris could be a starter on several teams.

Sweet, it had been a while since we had a "Hate on Willie" thread...thanks again!! Because Willie Harris is obviously the main reason we've lost 13 games this year, and have a mediocre team batting average!!!

How does he live with himself I wonder?!?

:headshake

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 24, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
I don't think Willie should play anywhere but 2nd....and only if Iguchi dies.  OTher than that, put Ozuna at SS to give him a day off.  Then put him at 3rd and give Crede the day off...

LOL. Iguchi should not be getting all these days off. He's been the most consistent hitter on this team. And the Oz needs to stop benching him vs Lefties. He's hitting .300+ plus agaisnt lefties just as he is righties. Willie should play 3B,SS,CF very occasionally

QUOTE(Be Good @ May 24, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
LOL.  Iguchi should not be getting all these days off.  He's been the most consistent hitter on this team.   And the Oz needs to stop benching him vs Lefties.  He's hitting .300+ plus agaisnt lefties just as he is righties.  Willie should play 3B,SS,CF very occasionally

I disagree about Iguchi. You have to remember that the Japanese baseball season is not as long as MLB, plus the extreme difference in travel amounts here. Add to that the fact that he's constantly making adjustments to new ballparks, new pitchers, new circumstances. That kind of stuff can wear a player down physically and mentally over the long hual. Ozzie is trying to keep fresh and keep him sharp. You have to think about all those games we still have vs. Minnesota late in the year. We want a still effective Iguchi for those games. Ozzie has to think about more than just today's game as he's managing this team.

Edited by YASNY

Willie seems to produce when given the chance. Uribe needs to sit at least a couple games and be right next to Walker on the bench and listen to the man tell him how to hit. Uribe knows how not to get a hit for sure. I would like to see Willie get some more playing time.

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ May 28, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
IMO, Willie should start at SS today. He has been doing well when he gets his oppourtunity to play. And could he possibly do as bad as uribe(from the hitting standpoint).

Plan of attack for WILLIE:

During BP tonight, I think Willie needs to do a few things to get Ozzie's attention.

1.) Hang around the cage muttering quietly in spanish jibberish.

2.) Take his cuts from the right side... Just like Juan.

3.) As a result of batting from the other side, it's likely that Willie will whiff at a lot of pitches and probably wind up falling clumsily to the ground on a number of big hacks... Just like Juan.

This should be enough to trick Ozzie into thinking he's found someone who can fill Uribe's shoes.

I'm out of state, and haven't been to the cell this year. Are they still using those player warning's about the rules of the stadium. Willie's was always my favorite. "Any fan caught entering the field of play..." Classic and so awkward. Go get em peapod.

Edited by jamalmanburg

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 25, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
I disagree about Iguchi.  You have to remember that the Japanese baseball season is not as long as MLB, plus the extreme difference in travel amounts here. Add to that the fact that he's constantly making adjustments to new ballparks, new pitchers, new circumstances.  That kind of stuff can wear a player down physically and mentally over the long hual.  Ozzie is trying to keep fresh and keep him sharp.  You have to think about all those games we still have vs. Minnesota late in the year.  We want a still effective Iguchi for those games.  Ozzie has to think about more than just today's game as he's managing this team.

As usual you are the voice of reason Yas. ( Do you know how much I hate that ? :D ) You can sure tell the graybeards on Soxtalk , patient , used to the ebb and flow of the season. No panic in you, just fatherly reassurance. :headbang

Willie should not be playing SS when either Buehrle or Garland are on the mound. Any offensive advantage he might have over Uribe right now would be diminished by their defensive ability. With those sinker ballers on the mound, we need our best left side of the infield possible.