Our bullpen mess...

Jabroni

I dont know why Cotts get so much hate, his era is in the 3's and he is apposed to be our mop-up guy in a way... So I think he is doing a hell of a job.

Shingo and Viz on the other hand  :puke ..... at least shingo gave me some memories of last year Viz gets the extra  :puke

Because he can NEVER get the first guy that he faces out. He either walks him or gives up a hit. That is frustrating. By the way, those inherited runners that Cotts allows to score don't count against his ERA.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Oh, and that wild pitch by Cotts was rather Ankiel-esque.  I'm glad that the Cotts supporters are finally in hiding now. :headshake

I'm still here.

What happened to you supporting Timo Perez? I mean, I could go back and check all of the WSI posts because you weren't here last year, I don't think. Oh, wait...

THat was his hits allowed against the first batter entering today... I stopped watching after Garland imploded, so I can't comment on anything Neal did today. I haven't even looked at the boxscore.

My point is that Cotts is not a good reliever. You guys can point to his ERA all you want. The majority of the time he either walks or gives up a hit to the first batter he faces. He's also a lefty that sucks against lefty bats. Today's outing was a perfect example. He gave up 2 hits and an ER before he had to be pulled after only 0.1 IP. He has little value to this team other than sharing jizz-mopping duties with Shingo and Vizcaino. I guess my point is that we need to trade for a good reliever or two. Shingo, Vizcaino, and Cotts aren't getting the job done.

Edited by Jabroni

I'm still here.

What happened to you supporting Timo Perez?  I mean, I could go back and check all of the WSI posts because you weren't here last year, I don't think.  Oh, wait...

Timo was good last season. Cotts was not. At least get your facts straight before you call someone out.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
My point is that Cotts is not a good reliever.  You guys can point to his ERA all you want.  The majority of the time he either walks or gives up a hit to the first batter he faces.  He's also a lefty that sucks against lefty bats.  Today's outing was a perfect example.  He gave up 2 hits and an ER before he had to be pulled after only 0.1 IP.  He has little value to this team other than sharing jizz-mopping duties with Shingo and Vizcaino.  I guess my point is that we need to trade for a good reliever or two.  Shingo, Vizcaino, and Cotts aren't getting the job done.

I disagree, I don't think he's great but I think he's average for what we use him for. Texas are just swinging the bats like HOF's right now. He pitches prob an1/13 a week, but does avg a strike out an inning for his career. The guy does need to work on his control, but when he was a starter in the minors he had control problems, but over the course of the game he was able to work out of them..Here, like I said he's pitched like 7 innings the entire month and its hard to stay sharp when you don't pitch that much.

I'm still high on cotts, last year was his first full year out of the pen and had more innings pitched then hits allowed and almost an a SO an inning. Guy has a good arm, but you're right..has to do better against the first batter faced.

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 30, 2005 -> 04:01 AM)
I disagree, I don't think he's great but I think he's average for what we use him for. Texas are just swinging the bats like HOF's right now. He pitches prob an1/13 a week, but does avg a strike out an inning for his career. The guy does need to work on his control, but when he was a starter in the minors he had control problems, but over the course of the game he was able to work out of them..Here, like I said he's pitched like 7 innings the entire month and its hard to stay sharp when you don't pitch that much.

I'm still high on cotts, last year was his first full year out of the pen and had more innings pitched then hits allowed and almost an a SO an inning. Guy has a good arm, but you're right..has to do better against the first batter faced.

I think a lot of that is mental, too.

He just needs to work through it. I feel ok about Cottsy long term.

I sure as hell don't about Shingo though.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 08:02 AM)
Oh, and that wild pitch by Cotts was rather Ankiel-esque.  I'm glad that the Cotts supporters are finally in hiding now. :headshake

Actually I was asleep at the time. :P

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
My point is that Cotts is not a good reliever.  You guys can point to his ERA all you want.  The majority of the time he either walks or gives up a hit to the first batter he faces.  He's also a lefty that sucks against lefty bats.  Today's outing was a perfect example.  He gave up 2 hits and an ER before he had to be pulled after only 0.1 IP.  He has little value to this team other than sharing jizz-mopping duties with Shingo and Vizcaino.  I guess my point is that we need to trade for a good reliever or two.  Shingo, Vizcaino, and Cotts aren't getting the job done.

So what about the times he's come in and pitched 2 scoreless innings of relief, or when he had that scoreless streak going. Texas was hitting everything today, any chance we can get Rudy Jaramillo as our hitting coach? :lol:

Oh, stupid me.  I forgot that a .286 OBP was considered good.

Please. If you don't know remember how clutch Timo was with RISP as a pinch-hitter off the bench, you obviously weren't watching many Sox games last season. :rolly Your boy Cotts had a nice 5.65 ERA last season. :puke

Timo sucks really bad this season but he was much more important to last year's team than Cotts was. I don't think even you could argue that. But considering the fact that you think Vinny Castilla is only "a little bit better offensively" than Joe Crede, I'm sure you could try to argue anything.

Edited by Jabroni

Guys everyone on this team f***in sucks. We lost 3 in a row. 3, can you believe this s***, I want kenny and ozzie both fired, we lost 3 f***in games in a row. This team absolutely f***in sucks, a 3 game losing streak, my god this has to be the longest f***in losing streak in major league history. I want this team torn up I don't give a s*** what we get in return for these f***in losers, a 3 game losing streak is unacceptable and this 33 and 17 record is absolutely f***in pathetic.