Iguchi's having back trouble.

YASNY

From the Sun Times:

Manager Ozzie Guillen said he started Harris over Iguchi because he doesn't want to burn out his regular second baseman and wanted to get his backup some at-bats.

But Iguchi has been dealing with tightness in his upper back for about 10 days. It had gotten to the point where he could not swing at full power Monday, and he went 0-for-5 with a walk and two strikeouts.

On the flight to Denver, Iguchi had to lie down across a row of three seats, and he still felt uncomfortable.

This could hurt us. Big time. :o

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:26 AM)
This is why Timo should be the one to be demoted or cut.

You didn't get the memo...he's gonna start at 2B tonight. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not worrierd. MVP (Wee Willie) is gonna come in and kick some butt at 2nd base if Iguchi has to miss any extended time :headbang

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
If Iguchi goes down, you might get a surprise call up.  We need someone who can play 1B, so my guess would be the Greatest, Greg Norton.  It also helps that he plays 3B too.

Greg Norton starts every at bat, 0-2. He Ks way too much. Gooch going down could really hurt us. He is the perfect #2 hitter. Takes pitches, goes the other way, makes good contact. Nowhere in those statements is Juan Uribe' approach at the plate.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
If Iguchi goes down, you might get a surprise call up.  We need someone who can play 1B, so my guess would be the Greatest, Greg Norton.  It also helps that he plays 3B too.

Ricky Gutierrez? :huh

Well...I actually consider this to be slightly good news...I was really starting to worry about Iguchi's swing, his BA has dropped like 30 points in the last 10 days or so, and he went 0-5 on Monday, which is just not the Iguchi we saw earlier this year.

If there's a physical reason why he's struggling, at least with a little bit of rest, hopefully he'll snap out of it.

Time to give Willie another game at 2b tonight, with the off day tomorrow that gives Gooch 3 days off in a row, and hopefully that'll do the job. If not, well, maybe make it 4, but I want him in there against the Padres.

And yes, this proves once again why Timo's roster spot should go to Gload whenever Gload is healthy enough to play 1b.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
And yes, this proves once again why Timo's roster spot should go to Gload whenever Gload is healthy enough to play 1b.

It just seems so obvious who should be the odd man out, once Gload is back there will no longer be a need for Timo's gold glove at 1st, RF, LF or CF. If he is still around and they pick Willie or someone else to go down, then I will be convinced that Timo has nude pictures of KW and Ozzie.

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
It just seems so obvious who should be the odd man out, once Gload is back there will no longer be a need for Timo's gold glove at 1st, RF, LF or CF.  If he is still around and they pick Willie or someone else to go down, then I will be convinced that Timo has nude pictures of KW and Ozzie.

Timo was the first to pinch hit in this series. This over Frank and Everett. If that doesnt prove the fluffer/nude pics/lover theory nothing will.

Baines "Ozzie we need a pinch hitter. Should I get Frank or Carl up. "

Ozzie "Timo, I think Timo has a bit of magic in him tonight. Plus those pants look absolutely fabulous on him."

Baines" You want Timo to hit instead of Frank Thomas or Carl, I thought we wanted to get them AB's in this series"

Ozzie" DONT YOU TELL ME WHO TO PUT IN THE LINEUP, I AM THE GODDAMN MANAGER, I MAKE THE f***ING LINEUP, Now Timo sweety, get your stick thing and go run a round a bit."

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
Timo was the first to pinch hit in this series.  This over Frank and Everett.  If that doesnt prove the fluffer/nude pics/lover theory nothing will.

Baines "Ozzie we need a pinch hitter.  Should I get Frank or Carl up. "

Ozzie "Timo, I think Timo has a bit of magic in him tonight.  Plus those pants look absolutely fabulous on him."

Baines" You want Timo to hit instead of Frank Thomas or Carl, I thought we wanted to get them AB's in this series"

Ozzie" DONT YOU TELL ME WHO TO PUT IN THE LINEUP,  I AM THE GODDAMN MANAGER, I MAKE THE f***ING LINEUP, Now Timo sweety, get your stick thing and go run a round a bit."

Great...Now I need to ask my boss for a new computer, as I just spit Mt Dew all over it. :D

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
Timo was the first to pinch hit in this series.  This over Frank and Everett.  If that doesnt prove the fluffer/nude pics/lover theory nothing will.

Baines "Ozzie we need a pinch hitter.  Should I get Frank or Carl up. "

Ozzie "Timo, I think Timo has a bit of magic in him tonight.  Plus those pants look absolutely fabulous on him."

Ozzie" DONT YOU TELL ME WHO TO PUT IN THE LINEUP,  I AM THE GODDAMN MANAGER, I MAKE THE f***ING LINEUP, Now Timo sweety, get your stick thing and go run a round a bit."

That should look more like this:

Baines "... "

Ozzie "Timo, I think Timo has a bit of magic in him tonight. Plus those pants look absolutely fabulous on him."

Baines" ..."

Ozzie" DONT YOU TELL ME WHO TO PUT IN THE LINEUP, I AM THE GODDAMN MANAGER, I MAKE THE f***ING LINEUP, Now Timo sweety, get your stick thing and go run a round a bit."

Guest JimH

When are we going to rename this site timotalk.com?

Good lord, the obsession with Timo Perez on this site is mind boggling. We should have a one week moratorium on Timo threads, positive or negative.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)

Good lord, the obsession with Timo Perez on this site is mind boggling.  We should have a one week moratorium on Timo threads, positive or negative.

Last week it was Chavez, This week Timo, next week we will find another thing to put our collective eye on.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)

Good lord, the obsession with Timo Perez on this site is mind boggling.  We should have a one week moratorium on Timo threads, positive or negative.

We could OMIT TIMO. I like it :cheers