Joe Randa - Whitesox a possibility

Southside hitmen

The Reds are sinking fast and looking to shake things up and Randa is one of their most valuable trading chips. The veteran is having another solid season with the bat and he doesn't hurt anyone in the field. Most important, he makes just over $2 million, which is affordable to just about everyone.

Potential Suitors: White Sox, Twins, Braves

Edited by Southside hitmen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind him if we just ship them 2 bad prospects.

He can split duty with Crede and/or push Crede to get his act together more consistently at the plate.

I don't want Randa to be our everyday third baseman in the playoffs and/or series. Do you folks?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
I wouldn't mind him if we just ship them 2 bad prospects.

He can split duty with Crede and/or push Crede to get his act together more consistently at the plate.

I don't want Randa to be our everyday third baseman in the playoffs and/or series. Do you folks?

I do. Randa has been far superior to Crede throughout his MLB career, both offensively and defensively. With Josh Fields coming up in our farm system, Randa at 3rd makes perfect sense.

Name  G  AB  R  H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP  SLG  AVG  E 
Josh Fields 66 241 36 55  9  0  8  41 88 23 78  4 3 .303 .365 .228 13

That screams "I'm not ready!" to me. Thats an alarming 1 K/ 3 ABs rate, fastly approaching Joe Borchard land there.

Noone should bank on Josh Fields being the future 3rd baseman of the White Sox.

He hasn't proven s*** in the minors and has struggled mightley this year especially.

Relax man give him some time before you start tearing him apart.. s***.. this is his first full year and hes in what, double A already?? :headshake

I read that the Twins are going after Randa and I expect them to get him. He'll fit right in over there and give them a boost. Cudyer blows. I think it could have the same impact as the Stewart trade that they made a few years back. Still, I don't think it makes them better than the Sox.

And as someone who has forever been on Crede's ass, I have to say it's nice to see him coming around before the break. That's a good sign. He could have a big second half. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think the Sox should stick with him.

I read that the Twins are going after Randa and I expect them to get him. He'll fit right in over there and give them a boost. Cudyer blows. I think it could have the same impact as the Stewart trade that they made a few years back. Still, I don't think it makes them better than the Sox.

And as someone who has forever been on Crede's ass, I have to say it's nice to see him coming around before the break. That's a good sign. He could have a big second half. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think the Sox should stick with him.

I heard this as well. I also think Kenny would trade for Randa first, just to cock-block the Twins from getting him.

I'm gonna stay on the Joe Crede Bandwagon.....we need pitching rather then another thirdbaseman....I will take his defense and his .245 avg.....a good stop saving an RBI is just as good as getting an RBI.......

the only way I wouldn't mind letting him go is if Chavez is in the deal...haha sorry dont want to get that started again

Edited by DABearSoX

what would be other 3rd basemen??

-Ensberg(hitting .275 with 17 homers and 45 rbi's)

-Hillenbrand(hitting .305 with 8 homers and 33 rbi's.... plays 1st and 3rd)

-Tracy(hitting .300 with 8 homers, 30 rbi's......sitting behind a hot tony clark, and troy glaus, and also plays 1st and 3rd)

-Figgins(hitting .277 with 5 homers 23 steals plays all positions)

or we could stay with Crede and go a different direction......and I wouldn't know where that would be :huh

Edited by TheBlackSox8

The Twins are extremely concerned about 3B, SS, and 2B ... especially defensively. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they land Randa, and soon. I would bet they're also looking for a competent 2B. I haven't followed what Punto is doing but I keep hearing/reading that they've lost their patience with squarejaw (Luis Rivas).

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)

I read the same thing and also that the Reds want arms..young starters, ready to plug in, no prsopects.

I'd be shocked if the Sox got Randa.

The Twins are extremely concerned about 3B, SS, and 2B ... especially defensively.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they land Randa, and soon.  I would bet they're also looking for a competent 2B.  I haven't followed what Punto is doing but I keep hearing/reading that they've lost their patience with squarejaw (Luis Rivas).

If the Twins trade for Randa, they would just move Cruddyer to 2nd base.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
The Twins are extremely concerned about 3B, SS, and 2B ... especially defensively.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they land Randa, and soon.  I would bet they're also looking for a competent 2B.  I haven't followed what Punto is doing but I keep hearing/reading that they've lost their patience with squarejaw (Luis Rivas).

thats who i think is going to get randa, the twins, they need him more than we do but i hope some other team nabs him before them

I still say it's a mistake to underestimate the kind of year Crede could have, THIS YEAR.

Yes, Joe Crede had a Godawful May. Absolutely horrid. Worthy of being benched.

But when's the last time you looked at his performance the other 2 months this year?

BA/OBP/Slug/OPS

April: .304 .368 .456 .824 2 HR

June: .315 .383 .593 .976 4 HR

If he avoids falling into another May at any point this year, he'll hit .290 at this rate.

I still say it's a mistake to underestimate the kind of year Crede could have, THIS YEAR.

Yes, Joe Crede had a Godawful May.  Absolutely horrid.  Worthy of being benched.

But when's the last time you looked at his performance the other 2 months this year?

BA/OBP/Slug/OPS

April: .304 .368 .456 .824  2 HR

June: .315 .383 .593 .976  4 HR

If he avoids falling into another May at any point this year, he'll hit .290 at this rate.

Why do people still think Crede is going to turn it around and hit .290? There's a reason he had a s***ty May -- because he's not that good of a hitter.

Crede's career stats:

.254 AVG

.305 OBP

Crede's 2005 stats:

.245 AVG

.309 OBP

Is anyone actually surprised by these numbers? That's just what he's good for.