ross gload

wdson01

personally, timo has been one of my favorite players the last two years but i cant even remember the last time he started a game. So, although i will hate to see him go once ross gload is healthy i think he has to be the one to go. what do you guys think?

Timo, It makes no sense to send Willie down. Since we're swapping OF for OF. Since Willie is 1 of only 2 backup Infielders. And Willie could play OF too. And Timo is Omit.

Edited by Be Good

I don't know why you would like Timo seeing how he is an awful player, who does not deserve to start. But I guess he has some qualities a person might like.

I do agree with you as just about every person on this site would agree, Timo must go when Gload comes back if not sooner.

Welcome to Soxtalk :cheers

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Be Good @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
Timo, It makes no sense to send Willie down. Since we're swapping OF for OF. Since Willie is 1 of only 2 backup Infielders. And Willie could play OF too. And Timo is Omit.

well.. with ross' injury to his shoulder he isnt able to play OF yet, so it would be either 1B for 2B or 1B for OF

he has been clutch and fun to watch, particularly in franks first game back vs the angels, when he lined a pitch right in front of the left fielder that was basically in the dirt but i agree with him bringing very little to the table and he has to go

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
I don't know why you would like Timo seeing how he is an aweful player, who does not deserve to start. But I guess he has some qualities a person might like.

Aweful would seemingly mean good if it were a word.

Edited by BobDylan

I used to be confident that we'd keep Timo, even though he didn't deserve a roster spot.

Now looking back on the last few weeks since Frank's return, the choice is clear as day. Willie has had some big pinch run opportunities and has scored some big runs. Ozuna is clearly going nowhere. And Timo has hardly gotten any PT at all. The writing's on the wall, Timo Perez is the odd man out.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
Of course, the Sox have said Ross isn't coming back til he can play the outfield.

That makes no sense at all. I think that is just Ozzie's way of keeping Timo around as long as possible. The Sox desperately need a backup first baseman to give Konerko some days off. They don't need another outfielder and Gload is an excellent first baseman and a bad outfielder.

As soon as Gload is ready to play 1B and swing the bat without shoulder pain, he should take Timo's spot on the roster.