• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jj3ef.jpgbmaxc0en.jpg

Johnson ------------ McCarthy

5-6, 3.35----------- 0-1, 8.40

After a Nice Opening Win, McCarthy needs to prove he belongs with a nice pitched game today!

:gosox3:

Jason Johnson is a good, solid pitcher, hopefully  Brandon is on his game and can get win numero uno.

I know the Tigers have a good lineup but if McCarthy can't have a good game tomorrow, Kenny will probably be looking to trade for a starter for sure. McCarthy is prone to giving up homers but he will be pitching in one of the biggest pitcher's parks in the MLB. It's make or break time, imo.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
Heh kman..its been a LONG time since I've started a gamethread. And I felt McCarthy needed some love! So I'm putting my 2-0 record on the line!

o.k i guess ill let you do it. :fight

:gosox3:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)
I know the Tigers have a good lineup but if McCarthy can't have a good game tomorrow, Kenny will probably be looking to trade for a starter for sure.  McCarthy is prone to giving up homers but he will be pitching in one of the biggest pitcher's parks in the MLB.  It's make or break time, imo.

I think he's definitely looking for another starter right now. If Brandon struggles like he has been then maybe Kenny goes out and tries to get an arm right away, if not Brandon might be able to buy him some time, should be interesting.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:56 AM)
I say Crede has a big day tomorrow, just a hunch.

he better have one tomorrow and more frequent in the future, or kenny will make sure he does go. The Next week or so will be the outcome of Crede, they'll want to have a good idea of trades a week before the deadline.

I'm still pretty sure that unless KW finds a 3rd baseman that is above and beyond Crede in all areas, we don't make a deal. Credes defense is vastly overlooked by the masses. Every player in a lineup isn't going to hit .300....just simple fact. You have those players that hit .250-.260 but give you so many other things that you live with it. Credes defense allows him to hit .250ish IMO. When our 1-3 in the order aren't getting on base, thats when we lose...not when Crede pops up (again)

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
Let's see how the Tigers' supposed savior did...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250628106&prov=ap

Who's this Ordonez fellow?? Is he that guy who talked down his ex organization who is currently the best team in baseball went to a team in that ex teams division and then started complaining that he wanted out?? Meh, I'm not sure who that guy was but he's a jag.

I'm still pretty sure that unless KW finds a 3rd baseman that is above and beyond Crede in all areas, we don't make a deal. Credes defense is vastly overlooked by the masses. Every player in a lineup isn't going to hit .300....just simple fact. You have those players that hit .250-.260 but give you so many other things that you live with it. Credes defense allows him to hit .250ish IMO. When our 1-3 in the order aren't getting on base, thats when we lose...not when Crede pops up (again)

Randa's bat is SO MUCH BETTER than Crede's. He can even bunt! It's just that Crede's glove is great and is a huge key for our pitchers like Buehrle and Garland.

Joe Randa

.297 AVG

.369 OBP

.506 SLG

.875 OPS

12 HR

42 RBI

29 BB

42 SO

By the way, Crede is hitting .235 / .297 / .410 now. :puke

I think if the Twins show ANY interest in Randa, Kenny will overbid them and nab him instead. Acquiring Randa would serve a dual purpose. He would add a consistent offense to our 3rd base position and also screw the Twinkies over. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

Anybody think this will be the start that decides whether or not Kenny has to go out and get another starter? This is a HUGE start for B-mac.

I do. The Tigers have a pretty good lineup but if McCarthy can't pitch in the cavern that is Comerica, how will he be able to be successful pitching at the Cell?

Edited by Jabroni

McCarthy will be successful when and only when he starts getting his breaking pitches and changups over for strikes, just as he was doing in spring training.

His past two starts he's been a one pitch pitcher, fastballs all over the place. If he cannot locate his change, and keep it in the strikezone, this is another automatic loss.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
Jason Johnson is a good, solid pitcher, hopefully  Brandon is on his game and can get win numero uno.

So I wonder if the whitesox offense struggles tonight to get a few hits are we going to say. No offense would of hit them. Or did you see him pitch, he really lived on the corners. The cure for our offense is our hitters not taking home run cuts. Shortening the swings up, swinging at strikes, laying off balls.

Jason Johnson is not that good.

So I wonder if the whitesox offense struggles tonight to get a few hits are we going to say.  No offense would of hit them.  Or did you see him pitch, he really lived on the corners.  The cure for our offense is our hitters not taking home run cuts.  Shortening the swings up, swinging at strikes, laying off balls. 

Jason Johnson is not that good.

There is really no excuse not to put up some runs on Jason Johnson. The Sox have rocked him throughout his career...

Jason Johnson vs. Sox (career stats)

12 games

11 starts

4-5 record

67.0 IP

6.72 ERA

1.57 WHIP

.276 BAA

74 H

54 R

50 ER

12 HR

31 BB

32 K

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)

Crede had a hot streak that brought him up to .240. Now his 2 week hot streak is over and he is back on a down streak.

Cruddy Joe by Month

April .304 Everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Joe figured it out. The cage worked.

May .155 Some people like myself, look Crede is back to normal. He sucks. Others well he had a great May.

June .254 2 good weeks followed by more ineptness. Well we are ok with Joe hitting .250 ish because he plays good dfense.

.250 would be good, .260 would be great. But he is hitting .235 and he is on his way down. If his current crap streak keeps up he will be below .230 in a week or so. Do you really think that if Joe is sub .230 in Valentin territory that KW is going to watch this guy pull the human fan routine waving at everything popping crap up is going to sit well.

And before everyone jumps on the well we have the best record in baseball, lets not make any changes. How did Seattle do after they won 116 games. Did they lift that WS trophy high, they didnt do anything and came up short in the playoffs.

Crede had a hot streak that brought him up to .240.  Now his 2 week hot streak is over and he is back on a down streak.

Cruddy Joe by Month

April .304  Everyone jumps on the bandwagon.  Joe figured it out.  The cage worked.

May  .155 Some people like myself, look Crede is back to normal.  He sucks.  Others well he had a great May.

June  .254  2 good weeks followed by more ineptness.  Well we are ok with Joe hitting .250 ish because he plays good dfense.

.250 would be good, .260 would be great.  But he is hitting .235 and he is on his way down.  If his current crap streak keeps up he will be below .230 in a week or so.  Do you really think that if Joe is sub .230 in Valentin territory that KW is going to watch this guy pull the human fan routine waving at everything popping crap up is going to sit well.

And before everyone jumps on the well we have the best record in baseball, lets not make any changes.  How did Seattle do after they won 116 games.  Did they lift that WS trophy high, they didnt do anything and came up short in the playoffs.

I think it's almost Randa-time...

ph_120922.jpg

"Yes! Get me out of this s***-hole known as Cincinnati!"

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 08:01 AM)
.250 would be good, .260 would be great.  But he is hitting .235 and he is on his way down.  If his current crap streak keeps up he will be below .230 in a week or so.  Do you really think that if Joe is sub .230 in Valentin territory that KW is going to watch this guy pull the human fan routine waving at everything popping crap up is going to sit well.

I don't like Crede that much either, but do you know what the difference between .250 and .220 is in a full season? About 2 more hits per month.

Let's concentrate on his OPS before his AVG. It's more beneficial to the team.

I don't like Crede that much either, but do you know what the difference between .250 and .220 is in a full season?  About 2 more hits per month.

Let's concentrate on his OPS before his AVG.  It's more beneficial to the team.

Okay. Crede's OPS (.706) sucks as well. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni