Official All-Star Game Thread 7-12-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
lets win this one so we'll have home field advantage next time buehrle and carpenter go head to head. Congrats jg, mb, sp, and pk! :D

if it is the cardinals....buehrle and mulder could be a match up possiblity if both teams get to the WS. We all know what a buehrle/mulder game is.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
if it is the cardinals....buehrle and mulder could be a match up possiblity if both teams get to the WS.  We all know what a buehrle/mulder game is.

A ripoff for the price of the WS tickets. It'll probably only be an hour.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
This year it actually counts seeing that we have a chance to make it to the world series.

When did we add this smiley :britishflag:

I think they added it today...the London bombings motivated them.

Buehrle is the winning pitcher. Garland gets the save. Pods steals two bases and Konerko knocks him in. Just a hunch.

From his experience, Konerko advised Podsednik not to worry about every detail of his regular preparation, but rather to enjoy the surroundings. They grind it out for 162 games a year, Konerko said, and these few days should be fun. And he joked that baseball officials are trying to slow down Buehrle, known for pitching quickly, with long TV breaks.

"But he's going to be throwing pitches during the commercials,'' Konerko said.

:lolhitting

:bringit NL

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
A ripoff for the price of the WS tickets. It'll probably only be an hour.

Actually, I was at one of Mulder's recent starts down in St. Louie, and he looks downright bad, recently. Every ball is up, and there were countless trips to the pitchers mound. His last outting wasn't any better. I believe there is something wrong with his shoulder. He's giving up long ball after long ball.

What do you guys think? Will Buehrle be followed by Garland, or will they throw some other douchebag in there in between the two? I think it would be awesome to have Buehrls relieved by Big John.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
Actually, I was at one of Mulder's recent starts down in St. Louie, and he looks downright bad, recently.  Every ball is up, and there were countless trips to the pitchers mound.  His last outting wasn't any better.  I believe there is something wrong with his shoulder.  He's giving up long ball after long ball.

What do you guys think?  Will Buehrle be followed by Garland, or will they throw some other douchebag in there in between the two?  I think it would be awesome to have Buehrls relieved by Big John.

Harold Reynold thinks its going to go this way:

Buerhle first 2 innings, Colon 3rd, Santana 4th, Rogers 5th, Garland 6th, Clement 7th, Rivera and other relievers in the 8th, and Joe Nathan to close it out in the 9th.

I like the idea of Colon throwing flames right after Buerhle's finess.

Man I hope they're aren't going to wearing those warm-up bland ass "American/National" jersey's in the game. they just showed Carpenter on the pre-game show and he was wearing that s***.

They should wear their teams respective jerseys.

QUOTE(Cali @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Man I hope they're aren't going to wearing those warm-up bland ass "American/National" jersey's in the game. they just showed Carpenter on the pre-game show and he was wearing that s***.

it's all about the $$$$

this way they have new jerseys to sell

QUOTE(Cali @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)

But if you watch the game and they're wearing those AL/NL jerseys you'll want to buy them.

Jeannie Zalasko just cut off Ernie Harwell while he was talking, it was so rude I cannot believe it. All I can think of is Sinatra being cut off during his lifetime achievement award. This wasnt that bad, but quite rude.

BTW, Harwell looks and sounds fantastic.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
Jeannie Zalasko just cut off Ernie Harwell while he was talking, it was so rude I cannot believe it.  All I can think of is Sinatra being cut off during his lifetime achievement award.  This wasnt that bad, but quite rude.

BTW, Harwell looks and sounds fantastic.

Same thing I was thinking, I can't believe she did that.