7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit

Steff

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
We're going to have to score 3 runs to win this game. That ain't happening.

so with 4 innings left to play you dont think we can score 3 runs?.. Thats not a very good way to look at situations like this, especially when its been done numerous times this year

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
We're going to have to score 3 runs to win this game. That ain't happening.

Yea guys.. that doesn't happen on Wednesday day games in July.. get with the program!!!

:bang

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
so with 4 innings left to play you dont think we can score 3 runs?.. Thats not a very good way to look at situations like this, especially when its been done numerous times this year

I never expect our pathetic offense to score 3 or more runs in a game. When it actually happens, I'm pleasantly surprised.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
So I guess the middle of the order is now the black hole??

It's not good that's for sure. If you compare the middle of our lineup to The Angels, Red Sox, or Yankees it's not even close. THANK GOD FOR OUR PITCHING!!!

I think it is time to move konerko down to 6 or 7 and put Thomas fourth. konerko is now on pace to have under 100 rbi. Inexcusable if Iguchi is going to give up at bats for no just cause becasue this asswipe can't drive anyone in.

Konerko and Jenks for Thome/Wagner and Cash (lots of cash)

Gotta love these threads, everyone giving up on a team that has come back time and time again in late innings to win games. Oh yeah, they're 62 and 30 also but our team sucks, the lineup is horrendous, blah blah blah. Unreal, honestly.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
I never expect our pathetic offense to score 3 or more runs in a game. When it actually happens, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Thats kinda odd seeing how were 10th in the league in runs and 6th in the AL... it is possible no matter how you wanna look at it.. like I said its been done

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Gotta love these threads, everyone giving up on a team that has come back time and time again in late innings to win games.  Oh yeah, they're 62 and 30 also but our team sucks, the lineup is horrendous, blah blah blah.  Unreal, honestly.

We come back against bad relief and not the good starter that usually 2 to 4 hits us. On Monday we came back after Cy Douglas who 3 hit us left.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
I think it is time to move konerko down to 6 or 7 and put Thomas fourth.  konerko is now on pace to have under 100 rbi.  Inexcusable if Iguchi is going to give up at bats for no just cause becasue this asswipe can't drive anyone in.

Konerko and Jenks for Thome/Wagner and Cash (lots of cash)

Konerko's RBI total is a disgrace for what he's got in front of him. A legitimate clean up hitter with Pods and Iguchi in front of him would probably have 20-25 more RBI than him.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
Thats kinda odd seeing how were 10th in the league in runs and 6th in the AL... it is possible no matter how you wanna look at it.. like I said its been done

Oddly we were near the league lead last year in runs scored also.

Scoring runs is a bad stat. You can score 10 runs one game, and then score 1 for a few nights and look like a good average.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
We have 2, 2 count them cubans pitching against boston.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.. I'm gonna have to head over there tonight and get them all drunk so they oversleep and have massive hangovers tomorrow.. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Gotta love these threads, everyone giving up on a team that has come back time and time again in late innings to win games.  Oh yeah, they're 62 and 30 also but our team sucks, the lineup is horrendous, blah blah blah.  Unreal, honestly.

Who is giving up?? I didnt see anyone say that our season is over, and we should trade everyone right now. We are a good team, but look at our main power guys, they arent getting it done.