7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit

Steff

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Gotta love these threads, everyone giving up on a team that has come back time and time again in late innings to win games.  Oh yeah, they're 62 and 30 also but our team sucks, the lineup is horrendous, blah blah blah.  Unreal, honestly.

Ehem.. not everyone. :nono

:bang

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
Oddly we were near the league lead last year in runs scored also. 

Scoring runs is a bad stat.  You can score 10 runs one game, and then score 1 for a few nights and look like a good average.

Still shows that we are capeable of scoring runs..

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
We come back against bad relief and not the good starter that usually 2 to 4 hits us.  On Monday we came back after Cy Douglas who 3 hit us left.

Ok bad relief, shields sucks, brazoban sucks, since sisco is on the royals he sucks as well, spurling has an era in the 2's but he sucks, wickman has an era in the 2's but he sucks, huston street sucks, etc, I don't feel like listing anymore guys, you guys want to give up already in this game, go right ahead.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
Ok bad relief, shields sucks, brazoban sucks, since sisco is on the royals he sucks as well, spurling has an era in the 2's but he sucks, wickman has an era in the 2's but he sucks, huston street sucks, etc, I don't feel like listing anymore guys, you guys want to give up already in this game, go right ahead.

Who is giving up???? Anyone???

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
Oddly we were near the league lead last year in runs scored also. 

Scoring runs is a bad stat.  You can score 10 runs one game, and then score 1 for a few nights and look like a good average.

Someone made a chart in the off-seasont hat showed we were not anymore inconsistent than other teams around the league last year.

I agree, scoring runs is a bad stat. It's all about the doubles and triples!1!1!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)

Maybe our team OBP and team BA are just smoke and mirrors. We really have lots of hits and get on base a lot but the score keeper is just sleeping during these moments.

Rowand... shut up. :chair

No one is giving up. Just venting at the series of bonehead plays we've been listening to the past 2 hours.

Relax and stop accusing us of crap that isn't true.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
Someone made a chart in the off-seasont hat showed we were not anymore inconsistent than other teams around the league last year.

I agree, scoring runs is a bad stat. It's all about the doubles and triples!1!1!

And singles.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
Our Offense is mediocre, plain and simple. We need another LH bat, or stud pitcher. Kw HAS to make a move, this chemistry s*** only takes you so far.

I have been in the group saying that we just need to tinker a little.....now i am starting to change views....our offense needs something......this is just downright pathetic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Gotta love these threads, everyone giving up on a team that has come back time and time again in late innings to win games.  Oh yeah, they're 62 and 30 also but our team sucks, the lineup is horrendous, blah blah blah.  Unreal, honestly.

Unreal? What? We cant voice our opinions. Its obvious the hitting sucks right now. You want us to say this is the fun watching the hitting in this game. You'll see some more writing in green with that.

Sorry, you lumped me in with the negative group last time, I had to return the favor :P

Actually my "you are all soo negative" comment was sarcasm...

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
I have been in the group saying that we just need to tinker a little.....now i am starting to change views....our offense needs something......this is just downright pathetic

With respect to this game, which is not yet over, and is not a good enough sample size to determine our needs. The basic statistical achievements of the middle of the order has to show up as below average in everyone's eyes. I mean, if you compare our middle of the order vs. the rest of the league, our numbers are near the bottom. Am I wrong???

It is not about giving up. It is about being consistent. Stop swining at first pitch balls in the dirt, 2-0 pitches that are popeed up or again swung at in the dirt. Fight off tough pitces by hitting them foul not popping them up or weakly rolling out. Everyone insists on pulling the ball.

Our starters (all of them) and bullpen are winning games we need more consistent offense.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
Rowand... shut up.  :chair

No one is giving up. Just venting at the series of bonehead plays we've been listening to the past 2 hours.

Relax and stop accusing us of crap that isn't true.

Actually, someone said "this games over" so that's what ticked me off, sorry about that, if you guys can vent so can I about the negativity, sorry. :)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
With respect to this game, which is not yet over, and is not a good enough sample size to determine our needs.  The basic statistical achievements of the middle of the order has to show up as below average in everyone's eyes.  I mean, if you compare our middle of the order vs. the rest of the league, our numbers are near the bottom.  Am I wrong???

I totally totally agree with this.....i bet if someone did dig up those stats you would be right.....i am still keeping my sig though

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
It is not about giving up.  It is about being consistent.  Stop swining at first pitch balls in the dirt, 2-0 pitches that are popeed up or again swung at in the dirt.  Fight off tough pitces by hitting them foul not popping them up or weakly rolling out.  Everyone insists on pulling the ball.

Our starters (all of them) and bullpen are winning games we need more consistent offense.

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Actually, someone said "this games over" so that's what ticked me off, sorry about that, if you guys can vent so can I about the negativity, sorry. :)

Oh.. that was just Frankensteiner.. ignore him. I think he's a Cubs fan. :P

Woo hoo.. !!! Yea baby!!!