7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit

Steff

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
you can hate Timo all you want but saying if Gload name was Gloadriquez he would be on the ballclub is a racist remark.

And we keep going with this.

And I guess I should sue Nortre Dame for the racist name of Fightin Irish. Maybe we should lecture all of the people using injuns over the past weekend because of our Native American friends.

That was ALMOST like that Cleveland game last year when we came back from 5 or 6 down to win on Sandy Alomar's SF. Oh well, we'll get 'em tomorrow.

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
I don't buy revisionism. It sucks. Every situation would've been different, including the way the pitches were called and how the defense was set for each batter.

So he would have not walked those two batters in a row in even more of a pressure situation? He was throwing pitches a foot off the plate... if those would have suddenly been called a strike because the game was within one run i would need a new t.v.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
I don't buy revisionism. It sucks. Every situation would've been different, including the way the pitches were called and how the defense was set for each batter.

Farnsworth doesn't have a 1 run lead vs. 5 run lead style. They could have played the defense anyway they wanted, the 2 walks to start the inning would have still occurred. Dye most likely would have attempted to bunt. How that turned out and how the rest of the inning would have turned out is anybody's guess. But I'm confident at least 1 run would have scored, meaning the game would still be going on.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
Damn, we're finally getting huge crowds. They deserve better.

Hey, any team running into Douglass and Robertson will have a difficult time scoring. Right?

But don't worry, it's bound to get easier in the playoffs. Rarely will you face good pitching.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Pathetic AB by Iguchi.

After all that it ends on a weak comeback to the pitcher.

Not a good swing there. Oh well,at least we gave ourselves a chance. Now i hope we get focused for this weekend. :)

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
So he would have not walked those two batters in a row in even more of a pressure situation? He was throwing pitches a foot off the plate... if those would have suddenly been called a strike because the game was within one run i would need a new t.v.

There's also the possibility that Trammel might have gone to another reliever sooner instead of letting "the Farns" stay out there.