White Sox vs. Red Sox July 24 Game Thread

YASNY

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
I love when Tadihito doesn't have to give himself up. It would be interesting to see what kind of numbers he would put up if he were batting 6th or 7th.

well if Kw can acquire Vizquel, you will find out

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
I like seeing him line a single to left then take one deep to right in his next at-bat.

He may have found the stroke, again.

WTG Tada!

That's what he can do when he's not moving scotty over all the time. Gooch can hit, period.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
I love when Tadihito doesn't have to give himself up. It would be interesting to see what kind of numbers he would put up if he were batting 6th or 7th.

That's why picking up Omar Vizquel would be huge.

He is a one the best #2 hitters around. Takes pitches, bunts extremely well, & makes good contact.

That allows you to move Gooch down the order to produce more runs and you don't give up anything defensively.

I have a buddy of mine in the media and he was at Red Sox spring training this year. He asked Francona about Iguchi, since the Red Sox were one of the teams scouting him. Francona said something to the effect of, we don't think he's an every day player. The Red Sox thought he was a utility infielder at best.

Good to see Gooch shove it up their rear ends, especially after what happened Thursday.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
Vizquel isn't coming here. Book it.

All it took was an extra year and he would have been here in the off season.

He has no ill-will against the White Sox.

Ozzie and him are very good friends, too.

But then again, who isn't Ozzie's friend??

I think its exceptionally hard for Iguchi because he has to not only adjust to a higher league and a new country, but a different role. When Rudy Law established the team's single season record for steals, Carlton Fisk batted in the 2 hole and was amazing.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
all of you should come to the chat and talk

I watch 90% of the games in HD. HD is behind the normal broadcast by about three-five seconds, depending on where the Sox are playing (home or away). I really don't like knowing what happens before it happens.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
I think its exceptionally hard for Iguchi because he has to not only adjust to a higher league and a new country, but a different role. When Rudy Law established the team's single season record for steals, Carlton Fisk batted in the 2 hole and was amazing.

Excellent point, he is doing well in my eyes adjusting to the league.