Sox @ Royals 7/25/05 Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
I'm not worried about that.

Look -- if this team can't put a little bulls*** "curse" -- or, excuse, is what I should say -- behind them, and beat Oakland -- then they don't deserve a shot at the ALCS.

I've been saying this for a while. That A's lineup is not spectacular at all. I'd rather face them in the playoffs than the Red Sox, Yankees or Angels. The A's also don't have a very deep bullpen in my mind either. Bring 'em on, I say.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm not worried about that.

Look -- if this team can't put a little bulls*** "curse" -- or, excuse, is what I should say -- behind them, and beat Oakland -- then they don't deserve a shot at the ALCS.

I'm with you on that. I'd prefer to play anyone else in the al but we can beat oakland in the playoffs, different game. That being said, I'm going to win my bet anyways, no need to worry. :D :P

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Yes, but I'd much rather try to beat Boston or NY and not deserve than try to go up against Oakland and get crushed.

In any case the whole curse thing is a moot point now. If the Sox are cursed with Oakland, so is the rest of the American league. Zito has a two hitter going tonight...again.

It would be a great matchup methinks

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:32 AM)
Aj and Juan have really, really looked good the past few games, if they're starting to get themselves locked in to what they can do. :o    Watch out.

Uribe is such a difference maker when he's swinging the bat well. He's our most dangerous hitter when he's in a groove.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
In any case the whole curse thing is a moot point now.  If the Sox are cursed with Oakland, so is the rest of the American league.  Zito has a two hitter going tonight...again.

It would be a great matchup methinks

Yah, a great matchup for them. They are just the type of lineup that we hate to pitch against. Patient and smart.

And obviously their pitchers are good. Their top two matches ours, and they have the best starter in the group with Harden.

So if Oakland keeps winning, me might want to start rooting against LAA too.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
I said it before the game.  If we dont see Marte in the later innings, even warming up, the deal is going through.

That reminds me, what was Frank Thomas thinking by admitting to the world he is hurt again? Couldn't he and the Sox have waited until after the trade deadline to make such a big deal about it? That cost them some trade leverage IMO.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
this is random, but anyone happen to see the chick in the green top above sox dugout

I appreciate a hot girl just as much as anyone....but I think I speak for everyone when I say: Not this again!

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
That reminds me, what was Frank Thomas thinking by admitting to the world he is hurt again?  Couldn't he and the Sox have waited until after the trade deadline to make such a big deal about it?  That cost them some trade leverage IMO.

Ozzie said tonight that they expect him to be back in 15 days, even with him going to get it checked again.

Well, I have the tale of three pitchers tonight on my fantasy team.

Zack Greinke... well, not so good.

Barry Zito... doing well (got him for Dontrelle Willis -- I also got Radke back too).

and, Derek Lowe... doing well.

I just hope that Greinke's suckiness doesn't bog down Zito and Lowe's good...ness.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Doubt that.

thanks for your input, but these are innings that Damaso could have used to get back in the strike zone. He usually warms up at least in this situation. But we bring on our long reliever???? hmmmmmm

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:38 AM)
thanks for your input, but these are innings that Damaso could have used to get back in the strike zone.  He usually warms up at least in this situation.  But we bring on our long reliever????  hmmmmmm

...Or because Damaso has pitched the last three nights? I'm positive he pitched three out of the four Boston games.

But keep talking.

Just checked -- he pitched all four games in the Boston series. The first two he was decent, and, not so good the next two.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
What kind of place is Mission Hills?  Is it a hick place or a city?  I have no clue.

What did they say about it? It is a very rich suburb of Kansas City (Kansas). I have been through there before. That's where Kauffman lived.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
thanks for your input, but these are innings that Damaso could have used to get back in the strike zone.  He usually warms up at least in this situation.  But we bring on our long reliever????  hmmmmmm

Ozzie put in the mop up man for a mop up situation but you're right, sounds suspicious to me as well.......