GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
He's also cost us the lead.  He's struck out twice where he had a 2-0 count in at least one at-bat, plus he's screwed up twice in the field.

Hey, I'm just sayin'...

He's been bad tonight, no doubt, but you could give him credit for what he has done -- seen a lot of pitches in the 8th spot of the lineup.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
To be honest I find it hard to believe you'd give an opposing pitcher credit.  The movement on Lima's pitches tonight is just nasty.

Fair enough...just the same way I find it hard to believe you'd ever say one negative thing about anything involving the Sox. We've agreed to disagree in the past, and this is just another scenario.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
Carl has got to be close to seeing the bench more often.

Which is why it's so much more important we acquire a bat right now as compared to another starting pitcher.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
Which is why it's so much more important we acquire a bat right now as compared to another starting pitcher.

I couldn't agree more.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Fair enough...just the same way I find it hard to believe you'd ever say one negative thing about anything involving the Sox.  We've agreed to disagree in the past, and this is just another scenario.

Look no further to Saturday's game, I said the offense was real bad and that they had pitches to hit. Today Lima's just awesome.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
And he has accounted for 100% of the opposition's runs.

Oh, Ok -- didn't realize that he was pitching tonight, too.

I hope they show a replay on Comcast tonight. It seemed fairly deep to me. You'll get no argument from me that he misplayed it horribly, just want to see how far it was hit.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
Oh, Ok -- didn't realize that he was pitching tonight, too.

I hope they show a replay on Comcast tonight.  It seemed fairly deep to me.  You'll get no argument from me that he misplayed it horribly, just want to see how far it was hit.

It was a routine play. He didn't make it, was probably rapping to himself.

Fire Guillen! He sucks! He is a piece of s*** manager! He makes Lime look like Cy Young and he gies everybody too many off days!

Green for those who couldn't tell.....

Edited by SoxFan1

Damn, I thought for sure that ball was a double down the line. Lima was up with everything in the zone that inning, and the dynamic 3-4 of Everett and PK prevented any chance of a big inning. Looks like Lima is done for the game.

Someone please explain to me why the hell Willie is getting so much playing time recently. The guy has proven nothing this year and hasn't shown that he deserves to do anything but pinch-run in late innings. He's a liability at the plate and in the field, and I'm getting tired of seeing him waste opportunities and steal time from Iguchi.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
Son of a b****.  Well, at least we won't see Lima again.  If we had a real offense playing, we'd probably have 8 runs.

Hopefully Bell will leave Lima in another inning, but I doubt it. He is ready to really get lit up.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
Hopefully Bell will leave Lima in another inning, but I doubt it. He is ready to really get lit up.

Sisco was warming up in the pen. We usual hit him well IIRC. Here come Royals. Crap. You cant say we didnt have our chances to score. Wish we had our regular line up in :angry: