Latest news on Huff and Baez

AWhiteSoxinNJ

According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the White Sox are trying hard to get Aubrey Huff and/or Danys Baez from the Devil Rays.

The White Sox may have to part with Brandon McCarthy to get either and definitely if they want to get both. Even though they're loaded with outfielders, the Rays may also want a member from the group of Brian Anderson, Chris Young and Ryan Sweeney. 2004 first-round pick Josh Fields, a third baseman, is another player sure to be involved in talks. Jul. 30 - 8:06 pm et

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so f'ing frustrated with the trade deadline.

Even if Kenny wants to acquire two f'ing Devil Rays it's going to take McCarthy? Are you kidding me?

A) Snag Mackowiak

B ) Get another SP in here ASAP

I can't take the Cuban Pitching Crisis anymore.

Edited by AddisonStSox

i think a lot of deals all over the leauge will go down tomarrow and all the deals will be suprising

i think a lot of the "sellers" are just being f***ing morons and asking for way too much... when that deadline gets closer, they will all drop their expectations and deals will start flying.

They are both good players but your f***ing best pitching prospect for a GOOD player. I could understand if it was a guy like Burnett or Schmidt or maybe even Griffey but for Huff and Baez. You gotta be kidding me. It should only take Tracy and maybe a mid level prospect to get one of those guys. f*** you Chuck LaMar, no wonder they have a bad team.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
They are both good players but your f***ing best pitching prospect for a GOOD player.  I could understand if it was a guy like Burnett or Schmidt or maybe even Griffey but for Huff and Baez.  You gotta be kidding me.  It should only take Tracy and maybe a mid level prospect to get one of those guys.  f*** you Chuck LaMar, no wonder they have a bad team.

Where do you get this s*** from? Huff is a GOOD player? You're high, Huff is a potential 30/100/.300 875+ OPS guy considering how he's already done it once in his career and came damn close last season. That is not a good player that is a special player. Players like Huff are hard to find, Tracey + a mid level spect will not get it done. Take a look at Huff's '03 and '04 numbers then tell me he's just a good player.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
Where  do you get this s*** from? Huff is a GOOD player? You're high, Huff is a potential 30/100/.300 875+ OPS guy considering how he's already done it once in his career and came damn close last season. That is not a good player that is a special player. Players like Huff are hard to find, Tracey + a mid level spect will not get it done. Take a look at Huff's '03 and '04 numbers then tell me he's just a good player.

He's on Tampa Bay. He can't be good. :P

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
They are both good players but your f***ing best pitching prospect for a GOOD player.  I could understand if it was a guy like Burnett or Schmidt or maybe even Griffey but for Huff and Baez.  You gotta be kidding me.  It should only take Tracy and maybe a mid level prospect to get one of those guys.  f*** you Chuck LaMar, no wonder they have a bad team.

:drink huff is the man and so is baez

Where  do you get this s*** from? Huff is a GOOD player? You're high, Huff is a potential 30/100/.300 875+ OPS guy considering how he's already done it once in his career and came damn close last season. That is not a good player that is a special player. Players like Huff are hard to find, Tracey + a mid level spect will not get it done. Take a look at Huff's '03 and '04 numbers then tell me he's just a good player.

you are a wise man. I thank you.

yeah and what is he doing this year. Look Tracey, Sweeny, and another prospect however Chuck LaMar has a history of asking for the moon. Huff can't play defense because he is a BUTCHER with the glove. Sweeny is the number 3 prospect on the sox however to ask for Anderson, McCarthy, and maybe young is BS. Look it has to be a fair deal for both sides however all LaMar is doing is asking for the moon.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
yeah and what is he doing this year.  Look Tracey, Sweeny, and another prospect however Chuck LaMar has a history of asking for the moon.  Huff can't play defense because he is a BUTCHER with the glove.  Sweeny is the number 3 prospect on the sox however to ask for Anderson, McCarthy, and maybe young is BS.  Look it has to be a fair deal for both sides however all LaMar is doing is asking for the moon.

There will not be two outfielders involved.

Comprehension is a lost skill.

yeah and what is he doing this year.  Look Tracey, Sweeny, and another prospect however Chuck LaMar has a history of asking for the moon.  Huff can't play defense because he is a BUTCHER with the glove.  Sweeny is the number 3 prospect on the sox however to ask for Anderson, McCarthy, and maybe young is BS.  Look it has to be a fair deal for both sides however all LaMar is doing is asking for the moon.

It took one of the best prospects in the nation to net Victor Zambrano, who isn't nearly the player Aubrey Huff is. I shudder to think what LaMar wants for a Huff/Baez combo.

(Psst...you're wrong. Give it up)

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)

Would you rather we stand pat? Personally, I wanna take advantage of the opportunity '05 has presented us.

Also, I'd be willing to bet Huff's #'s will increase if he comes to chicago, not only because he'll be hitting in the Cell, but also because he'll actually be playing for a shot at the postseason year in and year out.

Who said the D-rays want 2 OFers from the Sox, they have enough OF prospects as is, they'd only want 1 tops in this deal, did you even read the blurb:

The White Sox may have to part with Brandon McCarthy to get either and definitely if they want to get both. Even though they're loaded with outfielders, the Rays may also want a member from the group of Brian Anderson, Chris Young and Ryan Sweeney. 2004 first-round pick Josh Fields, a third baseman, is another player sure to be involved in talks. Jul. 30 - 8:06 pm et

How do you know what is fair? Mcarthy is the only one that played in the majors, and he sucked. We don't even know if the rumors are correct. I think I will trust the general manager on what to give rather than listen to a teenager with anger management issues. i agree with your statement that it has to be fair, just because Tampa asks for something doesn't mean they will get it. This board constantly over reacts to rumors, drilling down on things that never turn out to be true. Unless you hear things from two or more sources, I don't think any of it will happen. Finally the goal of every season is to win that season, not the next or the year after that. It is to win this season. Due everything you can to win this season, because you may not have the chance for many years.