Today is the day--8/21/05 Game Thread

flyg88182

I don't post on here ever, but every single day for the last 2 years I have been on soxtalk reading up on posts. So many sox fans are worried right now and getting nervous. Guys any team right now would love to be in the position the Sox are in right now. Its the first slump of the year and people are panicing. The hitters are trying too hard. We all know were a better team then this and we will show it tomorow afternoon. We have to face the fact that were not trading for anybody. It is almost September. No one is coming here. This is the team we have and we are sticking with it. The offense will get it going. I had never been more dissapointed after watching the loss yesterday, but i cooled down and im over it now. We gotta have faith in this team. We are going to the playoffs. The indians or the twins aren't passing us, we are too good of a team and we have should that all season until about the last 2 weeks. This slump is over today vs. Randy Johnson. Lets get it going, and tomorow nite everyone on here will be happy. Sorry if i wasted peoples time whoever read this, but I had to just say how i felt. CHISOX IN 05!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(flyg88182 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
I don't post on here ever, but every single day for the last 2 years I have been on soxtalk reading up on posts. So many sox fans are worried right now and getting nervous. Guys any team right now would love to be in the position the Sox are in right now. Its the first slump of the year and people are panicing. The hitters are trying too hard. We all know were a better team then this and we will show it tomorow afternoon. We have to face the fact that were not trading for anybody. It is almost September. No one is coming here. This is the team we have and we are sticking with it. The offense will get it going. I had never been more dissapointed after watching the loss yesterday, but i cooled down and im over it now. We gotta have faith in this team. We are going to the playoffs. The indians or the twins aren't passing us, we are too good of a team and we have should that all season until about the last 2 weeks. This slump is over today vs. Randy Johnson. Lets get it going, and tomorow nite everyone on here will be happy. Sorry if i wasted peoples time whoever read this, but I had to just say how i felt. CHISOX IN 05!

Welcome aboard :gosox1:

You certainly didn't waste anyone's time. The only ones who do that around here are the 1001 threads saying how bad the sox suck, that all b**** about the same old stuff.

First of all, welcome!

Second, if you post that thread title every day, you will eventually be correct. :D

And third, at least as far as I'm concerned, it's not the last 7 games that have me concerned. It's the fact that the Sox have the worst BA in MLB in August. It's the fact that they're .500 since the All-Star break. It's the fact that the pitching staff is being asked to win 1-0 games every day. It's the fact that too much of the Sox success appears to be predicated on Scott Podsednik being healthy and effective, and that they appear to have no backup plan when he's not in the leadoff slot.

Yes, the White Sox are still in front of the AL Central with what APPEARS to be a fairly large advantage. But IF they continue their pathetic offensive trend, and they continue to overtax their pitching staff, that 8 and 1/2 game lead ( which is a LOT smaller than it was just one week ago ) can continue to shrivel up in a hurry.

They need to find their offense, or go get some, pronto.

You cannot underestimate how much impact Scott Podsednik has on this offense.

And I think it's almost time to move Iguchi to a run scoring spot say in Everett's spot, and move Uribe back up to the #2 spot. Yeah Uribe's not going to do the small things Gooch can, but he's been far more patient, and you just feel he may get on a streak sometime soon.

Everett can go down to #5, Konerko at 4, Iguchi at 3, then you have Dye, Pierzynski and Rowand down the lower end making that lineup look deeper. Something to consider in my mind, although I think next year Iguchi's going to be hitting say at #6 anyway, if we can get a good 2 hole hitter.

If we keep at this pace, it could very well be only a 7-game lead going into the roadtrip, which sure doesn't look easy... 3 at the Metrodome, fly cross country to Seattle, and then back to Texas for a grueling 4-game series in 3 days. It could get much worse before the end of August.

If we win today, I'll feel confident going into the roadtrip, we need this win today! I feel this is the day!! :gosox1:

Edited by SouthSidePride05

A long time ago many of us looked at the monthly schedules, and said that the Sox needed to build a big lead going into August, because that was a brutal month of games. That's what the Sox did. And this has been brutal, and the injuries made it worse. Just be patient, they'll come out of it, maybe without the best record in the league, but they'll be in the playoffs. Which is all we wanted at the start.

Oh, and rip the Yankees.

A long time ago many of us looked at the monthly schedules, and said that the Sox needed to build a big lead going into August, because that was a brutal month of games. That's what the Sox did. And this has been brutal, and the injuries made it worse. Just be patient, they'll come out of it, maybe without the best record in the league, but they'll be in the playoffs. Which is all we wanted at the start.

Oh, and rip the Yankees.

Thats the exact same thing that I said... we had a 15 game lead going into this month, I wanted a 20 game lead because I knew it would be the worst month in a long time. But I think this is what the Sox need, they can only come out of this stronger in the long run... Lets hope this is the start of a winning streak today!!!... I am predicting a walk-off winner 5-4... :gosox1: :gosox2:

I rarely have a good feeling about games.

But I have a good feeling about this one.

I really do.

The streak stops here.

Book it, folks.

I dont know why, but I feel the same way today, this team is too good overall to be playing this bad.

Edited by Whitesoxfan56

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
anybody have lineups yet?

Yankees

1 Derek Jeter, SS

2 Robinson Cano, 2B

3 Gary Sheffield, DH

4 Alex Rodriguez, 3B

5 Hideki Matsui, LF

6 Bernie Williams, CF

7 Tino Martinez, 1B

8 John Flaherty, C

9 Tony Womack, RF

White Sox

1 Pablo Ozuna, 3B

2 Tadahito Iguchi, 2B

3 Aaron Rowand, CF

4 Paul Konerko, DH

5 Jermaine Dye, RF

6 Juan Uribe, SS

7 Chris Widger, C

8 Brian N. Anderson, LF

9 Geoff Blum, 1B

Yankees

1 Derek Jeter, SS

2 Robinson Cano, 2B

3 Gary Sheffield, DH

4 Alex Rodriguez, 3B

5 Hideki Matsui, LF

6 Bernie Williams, CF

7 Tino Martinez, 1B

8 John Flaherty, C

9 Tony Womack, RF

White Sox

1 Pablo Ozuna, 3B

2 Tadahito Iguchi, 2B

3 Aaron Rowand, CF

4 Paul Konerko, DH

5 Jermaine Dye, RF

6 Juan Uribe, SS

7 Chris Widger, C

8 Brian N. Anderson, LF

9 Geoff Blum, 1B

Thanks a lot... I dont know about anyone else, but with Pods on the DL, I kinda like this lineup... I think AROW in the 3 spot with Iguchi and PK protecting him, Arow will have a huge game IMO.

LETS GO SOX LETS END THIS s***!!!

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
Thanks a lot...  I dont know about anyone else, but with Pods on the DL, I kinda like this lineup... I think AROW in the 3 spot with Iguchi and PK protecting him, Arow will have a huge game IMO.

LETS GO SOX LETS END THIS s***!!!

can you make me Raul Ibanez in a Sox uni please?