If your gonna whine and jump off a cliff

Buehrle>Wood

I did my fair share of b****ing too. A few drinks and a night of sleep has made me feel a whole lot better.

I have faith in this team, but I don't think I can take another great performance like Garcia had go down the s***ter.

Please White Sox, get that magic # down to 0 and I'll feel great.

CWSOX45

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I echo those sentiments.

It's hard to believe a lifetime .276 hitter can be dubbed the team's savior, but, there is a lot to be said of his ability to set the table at the top of the order.

Right now the Sox find themselves in their biggest slump of the season; their ability or inability to pull out of this tailspin in the forthcoming weeks will tell us what these guys are really made of.

For what it's worth, I believe the loss against Ohio State helped the Illini if you know what I mean. :ph34r:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
For what it's worth, I believe the loss against Ohio State helped the Illini if you know what I mean. :ph34r:

i get your point, but don't ever speak of that game again.

i was there and the sight of their students rushing the court will never leave me.

and the terrible 4 hour ride home didn't help.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
Mostly everyone is starting to lose their cool, but that's because everyone cares about the White Sox so much. They'll get through this tough stretch.

it's funny actually.

i was talking to tony (from the board) online after the loss and both of us had the same situation.

Our gf's contacted us after the game was over, they didn't know what had happened. And both of us said that we don't want to talk, the sox upset us too much.

Tony replied with a great quote on sox fans: "we're like a family"

i think that sums it up right there.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
it's funny actually.

i was talking to tony (from the board) online after the loss and both of us had the same situation.

Our gf's contacted us after the game was over, they didn't know what had happened.  And both of us said that we don't want to talk, the sox upset us too much.

Tony replied with a great quote on sox fans: "we're like a family"

i think that sums it up right there.

Oh I know, I'm never in the mood to talk after a heart breaking loss like that. 1 fricken hit and it had to be a home run.

I said it in another forum and I'll say it here. Batters 1-9 should personally apologize to Freddy for throwing the game of a lifetime and we still lose.

Well maybe not Dye for that awesome catch; or Ozuna, who actually got on base.

Yeah, they shut us down, some say here. Well, yeah, but we've also been shut down by the likes of... KC. I was there. 7-1 it was.

That was one of the worst games ever--not just because we lost, but because we lost on one freakin' hit. What else is our pitching supposed to give us? How are they gonna feel knowing that if we get in a hole any deeper than 0-0, we're going to lose? :huh

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:23 AM)
I have probably not posted for a month here and have not shown up in game threads either .... some things really keeping me busy

But I make it a point to see the box score every night and I AM FOCKING PISSED AND MAD AND ANGRY AND DISGUSTED with these focking bastages....everyone one of them.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I SAY. Pull your sorry heads out of your asses and score some focking runs mother fockers. Supposed ace pitchers NEED to start pitching like that (hint: Buerhle you focking bastage). And our focking manager needs to start managing a game. And our GM needs to take off his blinders AND GET A FOCKING BAT IN HERE.

THIS IS PITIFUL.....

:fyou Ozzie

:fyou Buerhle

:fyou El Pukee

:fyou Timo

:fyou Guch

:fyou Fat ass Kong

:fyou Dead

:fyou Jurassic

:fyou Rowand

:fyou AJ

:fyou Cruddy

:huh :headshake :headshake :puke :huh: :banghead

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:51 AM)
I did look at his swing, that's why I said what I said.

I do agree with fathom though, the inconsistency of Rowand and Uribe are two big reasons for the problem.  Uribe was inconsistent last year too.

:P I needed a laugh today, thanks!

all that needs to be said is this. Freddy and Santana were both pitching amazingly well. Their offense didnt work last night either if you remember. and if it werent for a couple of AMAZING defensive plays on their end we very well could have and probably would have won. so i wouldnt fault our offense too badly on this one. though i do agree on the whole they're still not up to par.

Official thread for people to utter complaints or just get stuff off their chest about the Sox. I figure there are so many of them popping up that I better just put them all in one thread.

Feedback appreciated, but this will keep the board a bit cleaner, imo.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Official thread for people to utter complaints or just get stuff off their chest about the Sox.  I figure there are so many of them popping up that I better just put them all in one thread.

Um, Mr. Admin .. sir.

It's "you're".

:)

post-1340-1124867255.jpg

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Official thread for people to utter complaints or just get stuff off their chest about the Sox.  I figure there are so many of them popping up that I better just put them all in one thread.

shutup!

we need one thread saying the sox suck

and another thread saying that thread is stupid

rinse and repeat every few hours