Game Thread 8/29

Ishmookie

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We havn't seen Dominguez yet this year, he's spent most of the season in the bullpen.

In his career Vs the Sox he's 0-1, 2 GS, 8 ER, 9.1 IP, 7 H, 8 BB, 7.71 ERA, 1.61 WHIP, .219 BAA

The Sox hitters must be patient against Dominguez, take pitches force him to throw strikes, he's prone to the walk if you're patient.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
We havn't seen Dominguez yet this year, he's spent most of the season in the bullpen.

In his career Vs the Sox he's 0-1, 2 GS, 8 ER, 9.1 IP, 7 H, 8 BB, 7.71 ERA, 1.61 WHIP, .219 BAA

The Sox hitters must be patient against Dominguez, take pitches force him to throw strikes, he's prone to the walk if you're patient.

Be patient? Sox hitters? :uhoh

Last time we were in Texas we got shelled. But that was when Texas was on fire. Since then they have cooled off- and our pitching has been stepping it up lately. Our offense is still shaky, but w/ Rowand and Dye heating up- we can light this kid up for at least 4-5 runs. IMO this game depends on Buerhle's command tonite. I expect to at least split this series, but i'm hoping for 3/4. McCarthy vs Texas scares me. But they are saying he is pitching a lot better these days, so we'll see.

Buehrle tonight, Garland & McCarthy tomorrow.

Rangers counter with Dominguez, Benoit and some kid named Edison Volquez making his MLB debut tomorrow :o

El Duque v. Kameron Loe on Wednesday

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
Caution....Pods stated he will not be 100% the rest of the season.

When Anderson comes back, Ozzie said Pods will rest more.

''Everybody knows how important this kid is for us because that's the type of game we play,'' Guillen said. ''Hopefully, when he comes back, he'll stay healthy for the stretch. I will be more careful with him and most of the players. When the September call-up people come up, you'll see him with more days off.''