Official NFL General Discussion Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
MANning w/ 4 TDs in the 31-10 victory over Tennessee. 

Chargers are walking all over the Pats in NE too.

Peyton Manning, Terrell Owens, and Plaxico Burress -- those three absolutely carrying my fantasy team this weekend.

I'm gonna have to start playing brother Eli, too -- 4 TDs today, I think.

If you can't protect Drew Bledsoe and stop the run, Dallas isn't going to win a lot of games this season. They didn't deserve to have any chance to win the game, Oakland's sloppy tackling and penalties did that for them.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
MANning w/ 4 TDs in the 31-10 victory over Tennessee. 

Chargers are walking all over the Pats in NE too.

and All is right in the world of this Colts fan...well, all but 2 things:

1) I really hoped the Pats would extend that home winning streak to week 9, so the Colts could take it from them

2) The looming threat of the Bung...err...Bengals. Even though they did nearly lose to the worst team in the NFL (and yes, the Houston Texans are the worst team in the NFL), they caught one of the luckiest breaks I've ever seen in that horrible call where they called an incomplete pass by Carr a fumble, and conveniently ended up in their own territory where they were able to kick what was basically a game clinching field goal. This break reeks of breaks of Patriots teams of recent past.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 2, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
Peyton Manning, Terrell Owens, and Plaxico Burress -- those three absolutely carrying my fantasy team this weekend.

I'm gonna have to start playing brother Eli, too -- 4 TDs today, I think.

burres just had a ridiculous week.....:(

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 3, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
burres just had a ridiculous week.....:(

I got real lucky this week -- my running backs barely got me 11 points this week. But, 77+ points from three guys?

You could actually still win this week -- just need a big night out of Delhomme, all while Steve Smith lays an egg. It's certainly possible -- no lead is safe when Jason Elam can singlehandedly (last week) win a game by getting something like 12 points for me.

Could be me, I picked up Rackers and for some reason it didn't make him my starter (I must of been really zoned out, but I dropped the Jets kicker early last week and replaced him with Rackers thinking it would auto replace since its the same position). Aside from that I had my lineup set early in the week and looked at my team last night thinking what a great move it was picking up Rackers only to find him on my bench.

Turns out I got royally hosed, lost by 2 points with him on my bench (do I need to bring up Eli is my backup to Daunte and I had Daunte starting). Luckily I had Fitzgerald and Boldin along with jimmy Smith (all 3 had very good games).

But I lost by 2 points when my kicker would of put up 20 plus (6 field goals plus a couple xtra points).

So thoughts for this week around the NFL;

Can Byron Letwich and the Jacksonville offense actually start putting up some points? Seems like Leftwich is passing well enough, but the lack of a running game is hindering them.

Can New England stop Atlanta's running game. And with Tom Ashworth at RT against Patrick Ramsey, ain't looking too flash for the Pats right now. Incredibly tough schedule they've had early on though.

Can Dallas get the running game going against a banged up Philly D-Line? The Boys O-Line needs to do a much better job at opening up holes for Jones, otherwise Jeremiah Trotter will hav a field day.

Which QB will manage the game better in Gus Freotte and Kelly Holcombe? Should be a battle of Ronnie Brown vs. Willis McGahee though.

Can Andre Johnson get going? He's a stud #1 WR, and yet has done nothing so far, because Houston has been terrible offensively. Rumblings that they may not even pick up Carr's $8M option or roster bonus in the off-season if they don't improve, but that'd be pretty stupid.

Can Denver's D actually continue being really good? They've done a great job so far especially against the run, and another good chance for them to show it against Taylor on Sunday Night.

Will Josh McCown pass for over 300 yards again, and start a QB controversy in Arizona. I know one thing, he's got 2 great receivers in Larry Fitzgerald and Boldin, and Bryant Johnson ain't too shabby as a 3rd WR either. They just need to protect a little better, and for Shipp/Arrington to get going.

Should be a good NFL weekend. :)

Can New England stop Atlanta's running game. And with Tom Ashworth at RT against Patrick Ramsey, ain't looking too flash for the Pats right now. Incredibly tough schedule they've had early on though.

I knew Patrick Ramsey hasn't been great as a QB, but I'm shocked he's now at DE for Atlanta :-P, lol just messing with you. I know you meant Patrick Kerney. I think the injuries to NE will be too much to overcome this year and they don't have much of a shot at stopping Vick.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
I knew Patrick Ramsey hasn't been great as a QB, but I'm shocked he's now at DE for Atlanta :-P, lol just messing with you. I know you meant Patrick Kerney. I think the injuries to NE will be too much to overcome this year and they don't have much of a shot at stopping Vick.

It's late, I was bound to get something wrong there. :lol:

And yeah things are lookin flash for them right now, but you can never right them off.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Anyone watch the circumstances around the Atlanta 58 yard FG?

I was sorta watching it. Wasn't that New England called a time out then the kicker missed it, then New England said they didn't, but the official said time out. Then the next kick went in.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 07:33 AM)
Philly can come back easily, I should know.....

Not today, Willy, not today.

And wite, you think Buffalo may want Drew Bledsoe back at the moment? :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Not today, Willy, not today.

And wite, you think Buffalo may want Drew Bledsoe back at the moment?  :D

Lol he is looking good for you guys really good... Although I dont think the Bills are missing him 2 much lol... I think they can be good with Holcomb running the show.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Lol he is looking good for you guys really good... Although I dont think the Bills are missing him 2 much lol... I think they can be good with Holcomb running the show.

Yeah Holcombe did look pretty good today actually, the Bills just need him to manage the game and not turn the ball over.

As for Bledsoe, protect him, and he'll produce. Helps when he's got a TE the caliber of Jason Witten and his all time favorite WR Terry Glenn as well.

Oh, and I'm never going to tip against New England again after they've lost a game, no matter who they're playing.