Official NFL General Discussion Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
I absolutely love Troy Polamalu, line him up at SS, FS, LB, DE, he dominates at every spot on the field. I wanted him in the '03 draft instead of Haynes. He'd look damn good next to Mike Brown :(

Make some nice plays against the Chargers did he? Was a nailbiter tonight.

I was shocked when the Steelers traded up in the first round for the first time in franchise history to draft Troy. Now its just another great draft pick. You won't find a better safety in the league. Hopefully Ben will be ok also, looked like he hyperextended his knee, was good to see it was only iced up and not carted off before the end of the game. He was also bending it and putting pressure on it walking a little, so hopefully no tears either, knock on wood.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 04:44 AM)
I was shocked when the Steelers traded up in the first round for the first time in franchise history to draft Troy. Now its just another great draft pick. You won't find a better safety in the league. Hopefully Ben will be ok also, looked like he hyperextended his knee, was good to see it was only iced up and not carted off before the end of the game. He was also bending it and putting pressure on it walking a little, so hopefully no tears either, knock on wood.

To me he is Roy Williams with long hair.... same strengths and same weaknesses...

Pass defense definitely seperates the two. Troy is all over the field in the passing game making 10 deflections and 5 INT's last year earning his way to Hawaii. He can do it all, even guarding guys that are 6 inches taller like Gates. His weakness is his over aggression. He can get too emotional and overrun plays.

Yeah I've got no doubts Polamalu is better in pass coverage than Williams. Hell the Biys have been using a 4-2-5 defense a lot in pass defense, with 3 safeties, and they have Williams lining up as one of the LB's.

Maddox was 11-28 with a TD and 3 interceptions. He also fumbled an easy snap on the Jaguars 30 yard line just trying to set up for a game winning field goal in OT. Then when the Steelers got the ball back, he immediately throws a pass right to the Jaguars who had an easy run back to win the game in OT. He singlehandedly lost the game for the Steelers. The Bears have had some bad QB'ing, but this was below even a Cade McKnown type effort.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 04:50 AM)
Maddox was 11-28 with a TD and 3 interceptions. He also fumbled an easy snap on the Jaguars 30 yard line just trying to set up for a game winning field goal in OT. Then when the Steelers got the ball back, he immediately throws a pass right to the Jaguars who had an easy run back to win the game in OT. He singlehandedly lost the game for the Steelers. The Bears have had some bad QB'ing, but this was below even a Cade McKnown type effort.

You do realize Orton had a 5 Int and a fumble game this season and last season Jonathon Quinn was our QB? and than our savior... yes our savior last season was Chad Hutchinson... trust me you dont know how low it can get.

I like when my whole fantasy team is injured with very little to no time, or just not to my knowledge, so that I can at least make changes.

I benched Julius Jones and I also had a feeling that Carnell wouldn't play, so I benched him too. Playing Mewelde Moore seemed like the safer bet, and it worked out well.

But what happened to Corey Dillon? And Joe Horn?

So I watched the Boys Giants game at 3a.m the other morning (all nighter baby!!!!).

And really we should have won this game by a lot more. But then again there's a thing called turnovers. Keyshawn dropped it, Drew dropped it, we had a bad snap etc.

But our offense still moved the ball well. Bledsoe when he's not under pressure will find Keyshawn, Glenn and Witten all day long.

And our defence was great until the 4th quarter. We shut down Barber, we got pressure on Manning. Roy Williams just couldn't cover Shockey in the 4th.

Flozell "The Hotel" Adams is out for the season with a torn ACL. It's a huge blow to our O-Line and offense in general. Drew Bledsoe won't have the same protection, which unfortunately means an increase in sacks and fumbles. And just when things were looking really good too. :crying