White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Hermanson32 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
I hate how much praise DJ is giving to Angel Berroa for his defense. I don't think he has ever seen Angel Berroa play before. In 2004, Berroa was sent to AAA because he was so bad at defense.

He was actually sent to double a.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hermanson32 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
I hate how much praise DJ is giving to Angel Berroa for his defense. I don't think he has ever seen Angel Berroa play before. In 2004, Berroa was sent to AAA because he was so bad at defense.

Hey, at least he's pronouncing his name right.

For 3+ innings, we were facing a pitcher named Mike Woods.

So you see DJ spent all that time bragging about how good Berroa is at defense. Then, he fields a ball terribly and throws it in to the stands allowing Uribe to score with 2 outs. The 2 out runs continue. I do love to see that, even if they are coming with errors.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Hawk was fawning over Zach Grienke again.

Has he watched any other team besides the White Sox play?  He does realize just how bad Grienke has been this season, right?

Has he talked about how matt stairs use to be the best bargain in baseball in the 90's? He does nearly every single game stairs makes an appearance.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Hawk was fawning over Zach Grienke again.

Has he watched any other team besides the White Sox play?  He does realize just how bad Grienke has been this season, right?

Overused joke alert...

I'm sure he would like to add him, but he's not sure where he would play.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:05 AM)
Has he talked about how matt stairs use to be the best bargain in baseball in the 90's? He does nearly every single game stairs makes an appearance.

I've said for a while now that Ozzie fears Stairs as much as any hitter in baseball.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:05 AM)

No, see, when Matt Stairs was with Oakland, he was just a softball slugger who couldn't play any defense. A Billy Beane minion, if you will.

Now that he's with KC, he's the total professional who can do no wrong.

QUOTE(Hermanson32 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
So you see DJ spent all that time bragging about how good Berroa is at defense. Then, he fields a ball terribly and throws it in to the stands allowing Uribe to score with 2 outs. The 2 out runs continue. I do love to see that, even if they are coming with errors.

The errors have helped...but there have been more hard hit balls today then the whole series versus the Angels. Good to see.