How are you planning to watch the potential clinch

Funkman7

QUOTE(Funkman7 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
Me?  I haven't decided what I want to do yet, but most likely I'll be sitting at home by my lonesome.  My sibs are at work and friends are at school.  If it gets to be boring I might head out to a bar or something.

I'm waking up for the game, watch it till my 2 o'clock class and watch it on gameday from there. I would ditch my 2 but I can't cause I have to ditch that class next tuesday to come home for game 1 of the alds :D

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
I'm waking up for the game, watch it till my 2 o'clock class and watch it on gameday from there.  I would ditch my 2 but I can't cause I have to ditch that class next tuesday to come home for game 1 of the alds :D

We have to wait and see what Cleveland does anyway. It make no sense to ditch tomorrow. lol

I'm here at work, so I will be listening. I already told my boss that as of noon I will not be a very productive worker. He says he understands. He's a HUGE Cubs fan, but is seriously pulling for a Sox win. He and my other boss (both Cubs fans, seasons tickets holders in fact) are hoping for a Sox/Cards World Series. From there, they REALLY want the Sox to crush the Cards.

But yeah, I'll be sitting here at my computer acting like I am working. :D

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
WH and I were discussing this earlier.  What happens if we win today, and then they go back to their hotels to watch the Clev game.  Clev ends up losing, and we officialy win the division.  Does the team go back to Comerica to celebrate? :lol:

They celebrate anyway if they win. Because of the tiebreakers, the Sox would clinch at least a tie for the division/Wild Card with Cleveland, which would give them the division title by default. If the Sox win they are AL Central champs and they go nuts.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
we dont clinch with a win... if we win and so do the tribe.. then they sweep us(not likely) then we have a one game playoff to decide the division winnner. but if we win today we clinch at least a wildcard berth

sigh...

"We win today, and we win the division. it's that simple. i'll explain -

The Magic Number is officially 2, but all we have to do is win once to clinch the AL Central. If the Sox win tomorrow and Cleveland wins out, both teams finish the season with the same record. Because both Boston and New York can NOT finish with records better than Cleveland or the Sox in this situation, a one game playoff would not be necessary. The Sox would be considered the AL Central champs, and the Indians would be considered the Wild Card winners due to the Sox having the better head to head season record. One win in the next 4 games = AL Central Champs."

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
I'll be ZZZZZZ unfortunately. 4AM ain't the best time to be watchin a baseball game.  :bang

Pshaw...some fan you are.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
we dont clinch with a win... if we win and so do the tribe.. then they sweep us(not likely) then we have a one game playoff to decide the division winnner. but if we win today we clinch at least a wildcard berth

We need a sticky thread to explain this. It's been covered all over that if we win today, we win the division.