Chicago @ Boston - ALDS Game 3

Heads22

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
Looking at the radar I don't see how todays game will be played.  Looks like oodles of rain.  Thats right I said oodles.

what's the rule in the playoffs, do they have rain shortened victories after five innings? Does it carry over to the next day? :huh

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
Any word on whether Carl will move back to the 3-hole today? Dye has bad numbers against wakefield.

Glad to see Hickey was throwing knucklers during BP yesterday, that helped the Yankees last weekend.

:bringit

Dye is in the 3 hole today, don't fix somethin' that ain't broke.

1. S Podsednik, LF .290

2. T Iguchi, 2B .278

3. J Dye, RF .274

4. P Konerko, 1B .283

5. C Everett, DH .251

6. A Rowand, CF .270

7. A Pierzynski, C .257

8. J Crede, 3B .252

9. J Uribe, SS .252

1. J Damon, CF .316

2. E Renteria, SS .276

3. D Ortiz, DH .300

4. M Ramirez, LF .292

5. T Nixon, RF .275

6. B Mueller, 3B .295

7. J Olerud, 1B .289

8. D Mirabelli, C .228

9. T Graffanino, 2B .319

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Looking at the radar I don't see how todays game will be played.  Looks like oodles of rain.  Thats right I said oodles.

Weather.Com and local Boston don't have the rain touching them until 7pm ish. It'll be fine.

i think i'm most nervous fer this game because of all those damn stats of boston in elimination games, and the fact that i feel this is the game we should win most, when i saw the first three game matchups, i saw this one as the easiest

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
i think i'm most nervous fer this game because of all those damn stats of boston in elimination games, and the fact that i feel this is the game we should win most, when i saw the first three game matchups, i saw this one as the easiest

I think they've gone to the well one too many times. They don't have Pedro going today to stop the slide. If they did I'd be nervous. Anything can happen...but I like our chances against this team.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
I think they've gone to the well one too many times. They don't have Pedro going today to stop the slide. If they did I'd be nervous. Anything can happen...but I like our chances against this team.

so do i, i don't know, i've never been in this situation honestly so i guess i just naturally feel that the teams that have will take advantage.

but everything is telling me we have soo much in our favor i'd be heartbroken if we let this series get out of hand

My friend Mary - who is in Boston and at the park - says the weather is fine. They sky is still clear and the rain appears to be holding off.

It's loud as hell there already and it took them 50 minutes to get there from the Westin which is normally a 15 minute treck at the most.

She said there are a lot more White Sox fans then she expected. :cheers :gosox1:

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
On MLB.com, they said the wind is 18 mph.  That isn't good when facing a knuckler, at least no Tek today.

The wind doesn't really blow much on the field at Fenway, all wind is obstruted so it usually doesn't have a big affect on Wakefield's knuckleball at home.

...and if the wind is blowing in from CF with a knuckleballer on the mound, that bodes very well for the opposition, though I doubt the wind will be a huge factor today.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
The wind doesn't really blow much on the field at Fenway, all wind is obstruted so it usually doesn't have a big affect on Wakefield's knuckleball at home.

...and if the wind is blowing in from CF with a knuckleballer on the mound, that bodes very well for the opposition, though I doubt the wind will be a huge factor today.

Someone on WSI noted the weather is the same as Wake's last start against the Yanks...

He gave up 7 earned runs on 7 hits with 3 HRs. ;)