Chicago @ Boston - ALDS Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Red Sox will certainly score early off Freddy; he seems to like giving it up in the first.

But they also scored early off Buerhle today, so it isn't always fatal. Don't imagine the crowd will be out of it, though. Also, Wakefield has given us tons of trouble historically. We don't hit knucklers well unless they are named Steve W. Sparks.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
The Red Sox will certainly score early off Freddy; he seems to like giving it up in the first.

But they also scored early off Buerhle today, so it isn't always fatal. Don't imagine the crowd will be out of it, though. Also, Wakefield has given us tons of trouble historically. We don't hit knucklers well unless they are named Steve W. Sparks.

Wakefield is a lifeftime 5-10 w/ a 5.41 ERA against the White Sox.

uhh

wakefields era against us this year is almost 6

freddy hasnt givin up much in big games this year

when he's pissed in a game, he goes ape s***

he will be pissed goin out of the gates.

Fast Freddy + Friday Afternoon= Win

This guy has been money for us all year, not only on the road but during the daylight hours.

I have every confidence in the world that he will pitch lights out friday, and we will be breaking out our brooms.....

Its time to kee this ball rolling....

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Also, Wakefield has given us tons of trouble historically. We don't hit knucklers well unless they are named Steve W. Sparks.

You may want to check out Wakefield's career numbers against the White Sox and also his numbers against them this season.

Edited by SSH2005

If Wakefield pitches on Friday, only one name matters:

Aaron Rowand

he f***ing pwn3s Wakefield

This season he's 4-6 with 2 HRs off Wakefield

For his careers he's 10-14 with 4 HRs and 8 RBI off Wakefield

Look for Row to go deep in this one.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Something tells me Schilling will go, that also keeps Varitek in the lineup

If Schilling goes...

Schilling going + Road game + Potential series clinching game = One jacked up Freddy

The last time Freddy was in a matchup like that was against Johan Santana in Minnesota. He pitched a one hitter that he should've won that day. The last time he was in a big game situation was in Detroit about a week ago. He won that day.

I can't wait for this game!

freddie is too composed for my liking. i would like to see more emotion out of him before i start to really embrace him. he is given major opportunity to show us what his character as a competitor is. i hope he goes to the hill with major chip on shoulder & big time edge to kick the BOSOX booties!

If Wakefield pitches on Friday, only one name matters:

Aaron Rowand

he f***ing pwn3s Wakefield

This season he's 4-6 with 2 HRs off Wakefield

For his careers he's 10-14 with 4 HRs and 8 RBI off Wakefield

Look for Row to go deep in this one.

Here's a funny post from a Red Sox fan at SoSH.

I feel pretty confident about the Sox against Garland in a possible game 4, but I got bad memories of Garcia dominating us. Wake has struggled against Chicago (Rowand has owned him - seriously, Wakes ass is branded with 'Rowand Inc.') as well in the past, though he pitched well against them at Fenway earlier this year.

:lol:

They all are taking it game three is a gimme.

From the Red Sox sites that I'm reading, they seem to be assuming both Game 3 and Game 4 are gimme's because they're at Fenway and they have their "best pitchers going in Wakefield and Schilling."

Speaking of Rowand destroying Wakefield -- with Dye not producing much the past two games in the 3-hole, would you throw Rowand there for Game 3 and drop Dye down? Or would you just leave the lineup as is? Rowand just destroys Wakefield.

I actually feel much better about our game 3 chances than I did for game 2. One, we've got our best road pitcher who's lights out during the day going. Two, we have a very, very rested bullpen. Cotts, Pollite, Hermanson, Viz, and Duque will all be rested and ready to go. Also, with the day off, we could even use Jenks if needed. All we need ia a quality start from Freddy and will be in damn good shape. I'm very confident will be able to do some damage off Wake, or if they think they're really desperate, Schilling. :gosox3:

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

If Wakefield stays the Game 3 starter, Pods, Iguchi, and Rowand need to be aggressive on the bases. Mirabelli has a good throwing arm but Wakefield's slow knuckler and offspeed 80 MPH fastball should be pretty easy to steal on. If Pods gets on, he should be running everytime.

Like I said before- we need to score 5+ runs each game to beat these guys. Fenway is an offensive orientated ball park, and Freddy will need the game of his life. I know his road record is like 10-3 and day record is like 9-1 or something like that. BUT you can throw that our the window. Boston will be pressing and hacking. If we can get an early lead- i like our chances in game 3.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 06:11 AM)
Like I said before- we need to score 5+ runs each game to beat these guys. Fenway is an offensive orientated ball park, and Freddy will need the game of his life. I know his road record is like 10-3 and day record is like 9-1 or something like that. BUT you can throw that our the window. Boston will be pressing and hacking. If we can get an early lead- i like our chances in game 3.

We only need 1 win, hopefully Freddy makes it quick