Los Angeles @ Chicago - ALCS Game 1

Heads22

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 04:44 AM)
1) Are we getting Byrd on full rest?

2) Didn't it strike you as a little odd as to how overjoyed the Angels were to advance?  They seemed a lot more excited than the Sox.  Probably trying to enjoy victory while they can...

3) Can someone explain the "Bronze Titan" banner to me?

Well considering we were ahead of the red sox 2 games to none and the angels were on the brink of elimination wouldnt you be more excited... and our guys were plenty excited too. And I think Byrd is on full rest but he sucks anyways... not saying it is a guarantee but if there ever was one in the playoffs it should be.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
And I think Byrd is on full rest but he sucks anyways... not saying it is a guarantee but if there ever was one in the playoffs it should be.

Byrd pitched Friday night, so Saturday-Sunday-Monday -- he'll be on short rest for this game. Washburn is the only starter they have that could possibly be on full rest for Game 1.

If Washburn still isn't good for Game 2, I'm not quite sure who the Angels could throw - Lackey would only have 2 days' rest, Santana is cooked from throwing 85 pitches, and Colon is just plain cooked. They'd be really screwed.

But I think Washburn should be OK for Game 2 - I had strep throat one time and it wasn't really anything...just a sore throat.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 05:03 AM)
Byrd pitched Friday night, so Saturday-Sunday-Monday -- he'll be on short rest for this game.  Washburn is the only starter they have that could possibly be on full rest for Game 1.

If Washburn still isn't good for Game 2, I'm not quite sure who the Angels could throw - Lackey would only have 2 days' rest, Santana is cooked from throwing 85 pitches, and Colon is just plain cooked.  They'd be really screwed.

But I think Washburn should be OK for Game 2 - I had strep throat one time and it wasn't really anything...just a sore throat.

Yeah when I had strep throat it was actually not as bad than a lot of sore throats ive had in the past but still when your sick you get tired so if he still is sick we should work the counts and get him out. We should be up 2-0 going to Anaheim... we could be down 0-2 but by all means we should be up 2-0.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
Stop talking about marte you f***ing idiot reynolds. Then he goes on to say that cotts came on late in the year?!?!?!?

My thoughts as well. These experts are so clueless on our team it's not even funny.

QUOTE(santo=dorf_2005 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
Does anyone have any odds for this series, just for entertaining purposes only?

They haven't been updated since game 5 ended but the Sox made a significant jump (of course) in odds to win the World Series after their sweep of Boston. Most places today had us slightly behind St. Louis in odds to win it all.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Didn't you hear?  Marte can get lefties AND righties out!

:bang

No shoutout for Politte?  :angry:

They mentioned Politte briefly but they spent half the time talking about Marte. I was sitting there laughing my ass off. How could people who are supposed to be "experts" be so wrong, so consistently?

It's only right that the two best and evenly matched teams meet in the ALCS. I've watched a ton of Angels games this year. Believe me when I say our bullpen will have to step up. Like the Sox, they keep games close and find ways to win in the end. They don't beat themselves.

And I don't look for them to be jetlagged or winded from the Yankee series - just the opposite, in fact. I hope the Sox come out aggressive otherwise the Angels can steal this first one.

:gosox1:

Ok so JC's on the hill, you know the deal there, been our best pitcher in the 2nd half. In 2 games against the Angels this season, 0-1 with a 3.46 ERA, but a good stat here, only a .188 BAA. So they had trouble hitting him this season.

Now as for Paul Byrd, in the 1 game he pitched against us, he won, but gave up 5ER in 6IP with 2HR's. Other good news, he's worse in night games, with his ERA .3 higher than in day games. Unfortunately lefties hit him way better, so the likes of Pods, A.J and Carl are going to have to produce for us. He's also terrible with RISP with 2 outs, so hopefully we get that situation to arise quite a bit.

Byrd also has a G/F ratio of 0.89, another good sign for us since at the Cell we'll have plenty of chances to hit the long ball against him.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
Ok so JC's on the hill, you know the deal there, been our best pitcher in the 2nd half. In 2 games against the Angels this season, 0-1 with a 3.46 ERA, but a good stat here, only a .188 BAA. So they had trouble hitting him this season.

Now as for Paul Byrd, in the 1 game he pitched against us, he won, but gave up 5ER in 6IP with 2HR's. Other good news, he's worse in night games, with his ERA .3 higher than in day games. Unfortunately lefties hit him way better, so the likes of Pods, A.J and Carl are going to have to produce for us. He's also terrible with RISP with 2 outs, so hopefully we get that situation to arise quite a bit.

Byrd also has a G/F ratio of 0.89, another good sign for us since at the Cell we'll have plenty of chances to hit the long ball against him.

I luv your research.