Los Angeles @ Chicago - ALCS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they're not buying into all they hype of the Angels being tired etc. It's the freakin' playoffs anybody truly believe the Angels are going to come in and lay an egg? They are a scrappy team and they are going to play their asses off.

Sox best expect the best Angels team to take the field 'cuz if they don't Sox just might be down 0-1.

Hopefully, the Sox will come out like gangbusters and make the Angels FEEL tired as Contreras shuts them down.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
I luv your research.

Yeah I try to do it every time before the game, just really interested to see what we need to do against the opposing pitcher, such as when we faced David Wells, when we got runners on, we HAD to bring them in because he's terrible with any runners on, when he lets them on because he doesn't walk a lot of people.

Unfortunately I'll be going away for a week for a vacation (really need to recharge before end of year exams), but this place I'm going to pretty sure has cable with Fox Sports so I think I'll be able to watch most of the games on there hopefully.

I think we're going to come out and really do some damage on Byrd though, but our guys can't go in with the mentality of swinging for the fences every AB, even though we've done an excellent job with the long-ball so far.

Get to that pen nice and early in this series. Everyone talks about how good the Angels pen is, well the big 3 of Donnelly, Shields and K-Rod haven't been at their best so far. Kelvin Escobar has done pretty good being put into relief so he could be a big wild-card for them.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
We have to win these first 2 games while their pitching is depleted. They'll be throwing out their worst. A split in Chicago is a loss.

:gosox1:

Getting onto Byrd early could be HUGE. They already burnt up Edwin Santana yesterday, and they would either have to bring in Washburn a day early, or rag their bullpen out for more than they usually would.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
We have to win these first 2 games while their pitching is depleted. They'll be throwing out their worst. A split in Chicago is a loss.

:gosox1:

I think that's a little too fatalistic. A split, yes, is essential, and of course, I would love a 2-game lead going to LA, but I wouldn't count a split as a loss. Confidence!

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
I think that's a little too fatalistic.  A split, yes, is essential, and of course, I would love a 2-game lead going to LA, but I wouldn't count a split as a loss.  Confidence!

A loss doesn't occur until LA wins 4 games, but a split wouldn't instill much confidence around here.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
A loss doesn't occur until LA wins 4 games, but a split wouldn't instill much confidence around here.

Especially if Washburn isn't on the hill in game 2. But still, even if we do split, we've got the confidence to win games on the road, which this team has done all year long, so it's not like we should start hanging ourselves if we don't win both of the 1st 2 games. It would be very nice though.

I think Randy Newman said it best.

I LOVE L.A.

I can;t wait to see them on no rest run through this ball club tonight. The Angels are no joke and Contrerras won't make it past the 4th.

That offense is going to be smoking tonight.

Prediction

He Gawn

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Hawk @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)

I LOVE L.A.

I can;t wait to see them on no rest run through this ball club tonight. The Angels are no joke and Contrerras won't make it past the 4th.

Prediction

Go troll elsewhere.

QUOTE(Hawk @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)

I LOVE L.A.

Prediction

He wasnt supposed to make it out of the 4th against the bosox either. He pwned them, he will pwn the los angeles angels of the northern hemisphere.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 06:23 AM)
Both the AL & NL games  on Wednesday are sceduled for 7 pm. central time, and according to MLB.com both are on FOX.  Are they just going to show the regional game?  I live in St. Louis and I am afraid I won't be able to see game two.

From Fox Sports website:

AL & NL championship series

Schedule subject to change/All times Eastern. All games on FOX

Date Game Location Time

Tuesday, Oct. 11 ALCS Game 1 Chicago 8 p.m.

**Wednesday, Oct. 12 NLCS Game 1 St. Louis 8 p.m.(split-national)

**Wednesday, Oct. 12 ALCS Game 2 Chicago 8 p.m.(split-national)

Thursday, Oct. 13 NLCS Game 2 St. Louis 8 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 14 ALCS Game 3 Anaheim 8 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 15 NLCS Game 3 Houston 4 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 15 ALCS Game 4 Anaheim 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 16 ALCS Game 5* Anaheim 4 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 16 NLCS Game 4 Houston 7:30 p.m.

Monday, Oct. 17 NLCS Game 5* Houston 8 p.m.

Tuesday, Oct. 18 ALCS Game 6* Chicago 8 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 19 NLCS Game 6* St. Louis 4 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 19 ALCS Game 7* Chicago 8 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 20 NLCS Game 7* St. Louis 8 p.m.

* If necessary

** Split-national telecast of Game 1 of the NLCS and Game 2 of the ALCS. Certain areas receive NLCS Game 1 on their local FOX broadcast affiliate, while a simultaneous live feed of ALCS Game 2 is available on FX, and vice versa. FX is available in over 86 million U.S. households.

QUOTE(Hawk @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)

I LOVE L.A.

Prediction

Angels  :sweep:

I think Steam said it even better...

So kiss him (I wanna see you kiss him. I wanna see you kiss him)

Go on and kiss him goodbye, na-na na-na-na na na

Na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye

[fade in]

Hey hey-ey, goodbye

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye

[repeat many times and fade out]

I just want to say this has to be the biggest moment in my White Sox fandom. This is the sort of thing you live for when you have put sooooooo much time, money, and effort into your ballclub.

I'm counting down the hours.

White Sox in the ALCS...................YES!

I see that Christensen and Yan weren't on the 1st round roster for the Angels. I also realize that Escobar was hurt for awhile for the Angels. I wonder if Sciosia will send him out in Game 2. Otherwise, they're screwed.

Me likey. :D

Let's do this Count!!! :gosox1:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
I see that Christensen and Yan weren't on the 1st round roster for the Angels.  I also realize that Escobar was hurt for awhile for the Angels.  I wonder if Sciosia will send him out in Game 2.  Otherwise,  they're screwed.

Me likey. :D

Let's do this Count!!! :gosox1:

Escobar, Santana and Colon all pitched last night.

I've heard that Gregg might spot start in game 2 or 3 depending on Washburn's health.

I don't know, at this point I don't think its even worth analyzing trends and matchups on paper. The 14-2 drubbing of Bostond convinced me that playoff games take a nature of their own, regardless of past history. Its a good thing too, because this will be the fourth time this year the Sox will look to win their ninth in a row. You know what happened the other three...

SFF

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
I see that Christensen and Yan weren't on the 1st round roster for the Angels.  I also realize that Escobar was hurt for awhile for the Angels.  I wonder if Sciosia will send him out in Game 2.  Otherwise,  they're screwed.

Either one or both of those 2 pitchers will almost certainly be added to the roster today. If Colon's exam says he won't be able to pitch at all...both will be on there, but 1 of those 2 will probably replace Devannon anyway, just because the Angels staff is so worked.