Who got tickets???

Cloudyguy09

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
Thanks for the kind words. I am definitely a regular fan, son of a school teacher. I just got lucky. I immediately tried for game 7 and asked for Reserved seats because I wanted to try to minimize costs from my Mom.  If it does not go 7, it gets refunded. I knew it was riskier to go for game 7 first because there mught not be one but I'm an upside guy. Thanks again for the congratulations, I almost didn;t try because I heard that it was hopeless.

s***. if i had known that, I would've tried for game 7 first. I can only go to a Saturday game anyways. :banghead

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JCarver27 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
For those who got game 7......what if it doesn't go 7 games? Do they give you your money back?

Yes, but it usually takes some time. It may be a mail in program, a stop by the box office, etc. In all cases you will need your original tickets. You will also lose the TM surcharges. The clubs usually only refund the face value.

Yup, got diddly squat. Heck, at about 15 after the hour I tried the phones after I got squat on the computer. The phones were nothing but dead air. No busy signal, no ring. I thought I forgot a number at first, then I tried about 5 more times, all to the same result.

Still trying the site though, as it is down to letting you choose 1 ticket, and it kicks me out every time. How the hell do people get these things? I clicked the button, it told me the tix were not on sale yet. I click right away again (not even 10 seconds later) and it told me my option returned no available results. How the hell in 10 seconds does that happen?

Ach, I make better popcorn at home, I have better beer, and I can go out and buy some Bests Dogs and onions. :huh

QUOTE(scotty22hotty @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Chicago-White-Sox-Wo...1QQcmdZViewItem

f***ing anyone can buy tickets@!!@23

this is why selling though ticketmaster f***in sucks!

Make us wait in line at the cell! motherf***ers@!

the dude lives in Huntington Beach CA and the price is currently $610 for upper reserved 506? HOLY COW!

QUOTE(soxgirl25 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
I tried through ticketmaster and got nothing....my friend works for a secure broker that I ended up using.... http://www.ticketsnow.com/ ....they cost me a chunk of change but I just gave my husband the best birthday ever!! I figure it might be the only time we see a World Series in Chicago!

Are you kidding me???? Minimum 1200 a ticket????? My big screen HD TV is just fine...

QUOTE(soxgirl25 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
It's worth it to me....I'm spending my entire savings account!!! I was just concerned I would get a fake ticket from a broker or something....I've been assured that www.ticketsnow.com is safe and secure

Hmmm something smells a little fishy in here...

QUOTE(soxgirl25 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
It's worth it to me....I'm spending my entire savings account!!! I was just concerned I would get a fake ticket from a broker or something....I've been assured that www.ticketsnow.com is safe and secure

wow... how stupid do people think we are?

I, like most of you, had about fifteen different people trying and no one got tickets. I think real fans should get first shot. At my work, they are all Cub fans and everyone of them tried for themselves. None of them got a ticket either. Maybe everyone can register their allegiance to a team upon arrival to Illinois and forever be held to that allegiance. That way, next year, when the Sox go to the World Series again, the real fans, like us, can see them play! (Sorry for the rant, but I really wanted to go, but I'm not going to pay $3,000 for $140 ticket!):(

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
I got 1 ticket to game 2

My F'n sister called the Fine Arts Center in Boston and they sold her 4 to game 2 and 4 to game 6 (on her friends credit card).

Unbelievable.

wtf?!? How did she evben know to try there? Is that in the TicketMaster system or were these tickets out there before the general release?

s*** - i was calling all over the place -

the only live person i got was some b**** from new york - we don't sell no damn chicago events, why ain't you calling chicago - 312 blah blah blah

i said, yea right like i'm gonna get through that number, can you do anything for me.

NO! CLICK. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

f***ing whorebag b****