Wrong Home Run Call Benefits Astros

Texsox

QUOTE(frahungski @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
i was very happy with this blown call, it proved legitimacy to those who would deny it (not that they really matter, but it's still nice).  and that we won anyway makes it so much better.  it proves good teams overcome.

Of all the terrible calls which occured during this postseason, yesterday's was possibly the most legitimate reason for adopting instant replay. It was an example of a home run determined to be fair, when in actuality, it was a double by a foot. THIS call alone led to a run. The numerous "breaks" which were "given" to the White Sox didn't yield runs on the umpires poor judgement alone.

It was odd watching the BBTN recap earlier. Berman discussed the HR and correctly assumed it didn't clear the line. But later in the show he said "It was a home run," to which Reynolds agreed with him. Beyond a few mentions, there wasn't much attention paid to moment.

I want to know why Buck and McCarver ignored Lane's HR following Hermanson surrendering the tying run in the 8th. Why they didn't analyze the HR under various camera angles for 10 straight minutes. This alone, if no other reason was clear, shows their bias towards our ballclub.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I was waiting for everytime Lane stepped to the plate they would say "Lane hit a a ball off the wall which was ruled a homerun, but our replays show that wasn't the case" blah blah blah

But everytime Buck said the score and everytime Lane stepped to the plate except for the at bat following the wall ball, it was never mentioned. I couldn't believe it. The sox replays were played and discussed ad nauseum, and they weren't gift run calls...they were just close calls/bad calls that extended an inning. We earned what happened after them. We didn't "get" a run

My dad missed the hit and missed his next at bat while he was in the kitchen or somethin.... So when I called him in the 8th, he didn't even know about it. How could they not talk about a homerun that wasn't? Especially when Hermey gave up that double...how could they not say that "run" enabled it to be a tie.

I mean really...I don't get it. It's alwasy said a two run lead is a BIG differnce than a one run lead. Well the sox had a one run lead cause of a bad call and if yo umissed the two times they showed it you would have never known.

Ridiculous.